Black and Blue

Bonnie was slowly losing her mind. She had very quickly learned that Alfred had a lot more in mind for her to do. Personal errands, jobs, even so far as to give him a nice washdown if he so desired one. Bonnie was essentially his little servant, and there wasn't anything she could yet do about it. It drove her insane, and it concerned Duck more than anything. It worried him so, because he, too, couldn't help Bonnie. 

"BonBon.." the Pannier yawned that morning. "You need to figure something out.."

"What do you think I've been trying to do." she haphazardly snapped back, startling Duck. "Sorry, Duck, I-"

"No, no no..don't apologize.." he sighed. "I know what we're going through. I wasn't here when Alfred originally was, but from what I know, he's a manipulative, sadistic maniac. He's smart. No matter what we do.."

"I could scrap him.." she muttered, a sense of desperation in her voice.

"You aren't scrapping anyone." he frowned. "Not yet anyway. Not until we're out of options."

"What options are there!?" she snapped again. "I haven't been able to come up with anything! Nothing! I'm running out of things to tell other engines!"

"I don't know! But killing someone isn't the answer!" Duck shouted. "I know you're struggling, anwyl, but you can't just resort to death!"

"I just want my relaxing life back! I don't want to be someone's servant!"

"I know that! We'll figure something out!"

"..."

   Bonnie just sharply inhaled and started puffing out of the sheds.

"Where are you going, anwyl? Little Moth?"

"I have thing I need to do Duck, I'm sorry..I'll see you tonight."

"Tonight??"

"I have a lot of errands to run." she spoke between her teeth.

   Duck was out of options. He knew he could no longer handle it by himself, and neither could Bonnie. Against his better judgement, he decided to talk to one of the most trusted engines on the island. That is, if he could find him.

"Henry?" he spoke, puffing up to the Black 5.

"Hmmm?" he hummed, peering over at Duck. "Yes? What is it?"

"Where's Edward? I need to talk to him."

"Down by Wellsworth. What do you need to talk to him about?"

"Something very important."

"Well," Henry smiled. "If you need to talk to him, you can talk to me."

"I..really don't think I can."

"Oh, I'm sure you can. Please. What's bothering you?"

   The Pannier thought about it. It was a massive risk to take. If Bonnie figured out he told someone else, it'd be the end of him, but Henry was the one who knew about Alfred better than anyone. Maybe he was the one to talk to.

"If I tell you any of this, you must promise you mustn't tell another soul. Not the controller, not Edward, no one."

"Not even Edward?" Henry frowned, slowly becoming concerned. "Just what is this about, Duck?"