Surprise Announcements

Early that next morning, the engines were purring peacefully in their sheds, waiting for their boss to show up to give them their tasks for the day. 

"Good morning, everyone.." Henry yawned, still three-fourths asleep. "How did everyone sleep..?"

"Well enough.." Emily hummed. "I heard some creaking on the roof...probably just a stray cat.."

   The engines talked among themselves as the controller's car pulled up, and a strange man that none of them have seen before stepped out of the car.

"Hello, all!" STH bellowed. "I hope you've all slept well, I've got some exciting news for all of you."

"Mm..that's nice sir.." Edward spoke. "But who's this? It better not be someone else related to Maddy.."

"Well, it is." STH chuckled. "But not the same as it was before. This here is an old friend of mine. The very reason that Maddy is here in the first place."

"Oh..?" the engines pondered.

"Now, where is she? Still asleep?"

"I'll get her.." Thomas mumbled.

   Though, upon further inspection, Thomas found that the bed was empty. No Maddy OR James.

"Hm. Well. That's not good. Their beds are empty."

"Pardon?"

"They're gone!"

   Everyone began to worry all at once, creating a ruckus, wondering where the Disaster Duo could've disappeared to. Were they captured again? How could they let this happen?

"Ooooh..not again!" Percy whimpered. "Why does this keep happening..?"

"There there, Percy.." Henry comforted him. "We don't need to start panicking yet. Right, Gordon?"

"Precisely."

"My poor girl..! All alone with that red fool..!"

"What's will all the noooooooise.." they heard a familiar, snooty voice groan.

"James!? Where are you?" STH asked, looking around for the source of the voice.

"Did we fall asleep up here..?" another voice called. "Oops.."

"Where are you two..!?" Henry called out.

"Up here.." James groggily responded, his head peeking over the edge of the sheds.

"What on EARTH are you two doing up there?" STH frowned, but decently amused at the situation, as was the man next to him.

"Maddy was here first. Looking at the star and the moon. Being cryptic as usual."

"I'm going..to shove you off the roof, you son of a-"

   As Maddy peeked over the sheds to look at her boss, she immediately caught sight of the man standing next to him. The recognition was almost instantaneous  between the two of them.

"Oh." the controller chuckled. "Guess I don't need to re-introduce you two."

"Long time no see, Madison. How you've grown.." the man beamed. "Look at you..!"

". . ."

"Ow!" Gordon exclaimed as Maddy used him as means of getting back down to the ground. 

   They all watched as she bolted toward the man they didn't know, tackling him to the ground in a hug.

"O U F-"

"Maddy!" James called, also using Gordon as a ladder, much to his annoyance. "How do you know this man?!"