Triple Trouble

"Care to tell me how you ended up doing this, Maddy?" STH frowned, sternly standing at the edge of her bed, her calf in compression garments, raised and thoroughly iced.

"Depends on whether or not you'll fire me."

"I won't fire you. You know this."

"So I challenged Travis to a strengths contest-"

"..."

STH just sighed deeply, shaking his head in disappointment.

"Why on earth would you go out and do such a thing?"

"He made me feel inferior. What else was I supposed to do?"

"Come get me?"

"But it's not your problem."

"Get..James?"

"He's no help."

"I'm right here."

"You can't just handle every problem on your own, and so brashly at that, my dear.."

"I can. I have. I will continue to do so." she huffed, crossing her arms. "My problems are not yours to handle."

"They ARE my problems, young lady! I am your boss! You can't keep doing this! I am here to help you, and so are the engines! Your friends! Your own fiancé! You're getting married, my dear, you can't continue putting yourself on the line like that..what if you have children? What then?"

"Can't have kids." she shook her head. "My bits don't work. Never have."

"So..you're..?"

"Completely infertile." she turned her head to James. "Sorry to spoil any plans you might've had."

"Never had any." James shrugged. "Fine by me."

"That..aside.." STH walked foward, kneeling down to her bedside. "Because of what you've done, I'm down an engine. It could be weeks before you're properly back on your feet."

"Give it a week." she scoffed. "I heal faster than you think I do."

"I'm still down an engine."

"Use Nathan. He's there to HELP YOU."

"Can't find him."

"What- Where did he GO."

"He told me he wanted to work on something while I was carrying you to the hospital." James shrugged. "Said something about the perfect gift and then promptly fucked off. I don't know where, and I don't care."

"You just love Ladybug so much, don't you?"

"False. I tolerate him."

"You like him."

"Tolerate." he frowned, firmly pinching her cheek.

"Owie-"

"Hurts, doesn't it."

"Unhand my face with your man hands-"

"My hands are soft and well cared for, and they smell like apples."

"UNHAND ME-"

"Be more careful with yourself."

"NEVER- OWIE-"

"James!" STH commanded. "Let her go. Please."

"Tsk-" he lowly snickered, letting her go. He then pat her cheek as an apology.

"You just..stay here and rest, please?" STH frowned. "A torn muscle is nothing to try and work with. I beg of you. If you try and work with that, you'll end up in a lot more pain that what is needed.."