Time to Bust These Buffers

Everyone had something they needed to do. Thomas and Percy were to search her corner for any evidence that could lead them to the culprit, something easy yet important. Gordon, Henry and Edward were going to ask around the island to see if anyone knew anything as to what happened, and check how they react to questioning. Emily volunteered to help Duck at the coast, so they could perhaps find something there. As for James..well, he self-assigned himself as a supervisor, overlooking the entire operation. No way was he going to get his buffers dirty. Besides, someone needed to visit Maddy and keep her company. Who better too than Jimbo?

"Percy, do you remember your driver talking about his crime shows at all? What do they do?" asked Thomas.

"Well. he said they always dusted for fingerprints, but I have no idea how that's even done!"

"Hmm..alright, we'll just have to look for evidence we can already see.."

   The two got to work, carefully looking every part of her little corner. She kept it rather clean, so that was a plus to see if anything was tampered with.

"I found a footprint!"

"Percy, that's yours."

"...So it is."

  Percy pouted to himself, but noticed another, larger footprint next to his own. Strange.

"I found another one."

"Percy it's-..oh." Thomas looked over. That was something. The footprint was bigger than both of them, looking rather greasy. Perhaps it was a workman? It couldn't be, Maddy was good friends with all the workman that she's met...right? Thomas then saw something laying next to where her skates would've been. A black hair. Obviously it wasn't Maddy's, her hair was brown!

"So our culprit is greasy and black haired.."

"We're getting somewhere. C'mon, we need to tell the others."

   Diesel was in a siding at Knapford, waiting for Gordon to get off the line. His wheels felt wobbly, he never meant for any of this to happen. It was supposed to just be a harmless prank to cause mischief! Diesel sent someone to the hospital, and it would only be a matter of time before someone found out. Oh, what would they do to him? He can't be kicked off the island in disgrace already! Not only after one fuck-up!

"..Diesel. Diesel!" the big engine bellowed. "You seem tense. What's on your mind?"

"Huh- Wha- Oh..Gordon.." he oiled, trying to seem like his normal self. "I'm fine, thank you very much. No need to get so pushy."

"..I wasn't being pushy. Are you sure you're fine?" he asked, cocking a brow. "Or are you just worried about Maddy like the rest of us are?"

"Yes yes! I'm just...worried!" Diesel spat out. "The poor girl, who would do such a thing? No one deserves to be treated like that!"

"..Right. Good day Diesel." Gordon sounded off his whistle, taking the Express to its destination.

.

.

.

.

.