Journey Beyond and Away

(A/N: Yes I know that Journey Beyond Sodor doesn't take place in the ding dang middle of the winter but this is MY AU and what I say goes. It's not 100% accurate to the special either. These my rules babs. Have a nice day. <3)

   It had been a couple of days since James gave Maddy the ultimate goose egg on the back of her head. They were still pissed at each other. Maddy at James for accusing her of being a cheater and giving her a goose egg and James just being a jealous dick with an inflated ego. Of course, he felt terrible, but he thought that he didn't do anything wrong. He knew cheating was bad, so he thought his reaction was justifiable. Sadly for him, his friends didn't think the same, as they either did not speak to him or spoke with a disappointed tone. That didn't stop him from being his vain self. This morning, everyone was chatting amongst themselves as their controller pulled up in his car.

"Good morning everyone!" STH beamed. "Maddy dear, how's your head?"

"Alright, for the most part...still have a headache.." she responded, glaring at the red engine. He didn't seem to pay any mind to it. "Can I work now..?"

"Hmm...I can't have you taking jobs that require more grit..perhaps you can help Thomas take his cargo across the island."

"I'll take anything to get out of these sheds..." Maddy hummed, walking over to the little blue tank engine.

"I get to spend the day with you? Heck yeah!" 

"Yeah yeah, you blue weirdo."

"Alright, alright..." the fat man spoke. "Now, Percy, you'll be-"

   Maddy quit listening as soon as he began speaking. She had her duty for the day, no need to listen more. Though, she managed to snap back to reality once she heard a vain engine's name.

"...and James, you'll be taking your regular trains. With that, tomorrow, you'll be taking a load of special cargo to the Mainland."

"The Mainland?! Really, sir? Oh, thank you thank you thank you!!"

   She only frowned, rolling her eyes. Of course, she had been on the Mainland as well, but only as far as Barrow-in-Furness when she had to deliver cargo with Donald and Douglas; she hadn't been there since. Fortunately for her, Thomas noticed her discontent.

"Oh, don't listen to him, Mad. Hop on, we have trucks to deliver!" he peeped. With a lopsided smile, Maddy hopped onto Thomas, who shortly set off to collect their trucks.

   After they picked up their loads, Thomas and Maddy puffed/skated along the tracks, side by side. It was a peaceful day with the sun keeping them both warm in the cold.

"Isn't the weather so nice, Maddy?"

"If it were 50 degrees warmer, yeah, it would be..." she huffed, rubbing her cold, red nose. "Humans react differently to temperature than you do, cheesehead."

"I'm aware, look how bundled up you are. It's so adorable!"

"I will steal your load and knock you into that snowbank, you Sonic-wannabe."

"...I don't know who that is but I'm still taking that as an insult!" Thomas pouted, looking up at the signals. They were green, which meant that they should've been able to pass through. Though, something prevented that.