Experimental!

Once the two crossed over to the Mainland and beyond Barrow-in-Furness, they were in completely foreign territory. The trucks weren't any help, being their troublesome selves. 

"Will you shut the FUCK up back there?! You're distracting Thomas' driver, AND Thomas!"

"Haha, the puny little girl is angry!" one spoke up. They knew Maddy was scary. Sometimes they cared, sometimes they didn't.

"Calm down, Maddy. I want to bump them too, but we have to pay attention." Thomas hummed, looking around the shipping yard. There were diesels they haven't met before, staring them down. 

"Do you even know where you're supposed to take these?"

"Nope!" he beamed. "Absolutely not!"

"...great." she groaned. "If you get us lost I'm going to rip out your wheels from under you."

"No, you wooooon't. You love me too much."

"Just because I came here with you doesn't mean I love you- You suck you annoying little tank engine-"

"Ouch!"

   Thomas flushed red in the face as he heard the trucks behind him laughing hysterically. No fair.

"Well..well..at least I'm not in love with some idiot stuck up his own ass!"

"...fuck you got me there- But at least I admitted it!"

"What are you talking about?"

"I see how you act around Emily. You lose yourself in all the smoke you create around yourself. You looooooove her."

"I do not!"

"LIAR-"

"Oh shut up! Go ask that diesel if they're expecting a shipment!"

"Why me!?"

"GO-"

   Maddy groaned as she hopped off Thomas, heading toward the unfamiliar diesel. The diesel, not happy to be interrupted, brought his attention to her.

"What do ya want, lady?"

"Hiiii, my friend and I were wondering if this yard was expecting a shipment from Sodor?"

"What? Nah, but the yard near the Steelworks is. Maybe that's what you're looking for. You know how to get there?"

"Absolutely fucking not."

   They groaned but gave her directions to get to the yard. She thanked him and went back to Thomas, who somehow managed to strike up a conversation with the crane that worked there. Maddy overheard the name 'Beresford'.

"It isn't this yard, Tommy Boy. Who's this?"

"Oh! Beresford, this is who I was talking about. This is Maddy!"

"Huh?" he hummed, turning himself around. His crane bonked him in the nose, making a honk.

"Oof!"

"Uh- Hi. I'm Maddy."

"Well aren't you just the tiniest thing. I think I've heard of you."

"Wouldn't surprise meeeEEEEEE!!" she shrieked as Beresford scooped her up by her coat, leaving her dangling in the air close to his face.

"Beresford!"

"She's adorable! So why are you here? Is it the same reason as Thomas?"

"Yes now PUT ME DOWN!!!"

"Oh, sorry! Hold on!"

   Beresford swung her about, at one point bringing her dangerously close to the frozen waters that he was stationed by. He did eventually place her down near Thomas.