Frankenengine

Nate was finally back from the Navy, blue in color and just a little bit angry. He was sent there by someone who wasn't alive anymore, so there wasn't anyone he could strangle. On the plus side, he looked much better than when he left the island. Well, he felt better, stronger, but there was no real way to know if he was. Being an engine, there was a threshold he simply couldn't pass. 

"You have no idea how much I've missed yooooou..." Mavis whined, already all over her boyfriend. 

"I have a pretty good idea.." the little Bagnall hummed. "They sent me home for the time being, since nothing is going on, so I'm here until they call me back."

"That's wonderful. Wally'll be happy to see you. He's with Edward right now at the ice cream parlor."

"Mm. Well, has anything else happened while I was gone?"

"Not that I'm aware of. Henry and Edward are on edge though. Won't quite tell us why, but I'm sure it's related to that B12 that rolls about."

"Ooooh, Alfred. He crashed right into Bonnie when he came here with Roland. I don't like him."

"Other than that I don't know anything. I've been busy with Wally and making sure James doesn't make another stupid mistake."

"Do you really need to take that upon yourself, Queen Bee?"

"If I don't, Bonnie will, and Bonnie looks like she knows how to hide a body. She hates James. You know that, Love-a-Bug."

"I do know that, you're right. I don't know who told her that story, but I understand why she doesn't like him. At least she hasn't done anything."

"She's said it herself that engines like James aren't worth her time. So...why bother?" Mavis snickered. "No use interacting with someone if you don't have to. Can't say the same about James. I think he likes Bonnie."

"Well, Bonnie doesn't like James, so when's he going to take that hint?"

"He took it a while ago when she yelled at him to 'make up his mind' about her. Hasn't bothered her since. But, you know how he is. Never thinks before he speaks or does anything."

"I know that feeling all too well." Nate groaned. "Only he would know how to ruin a good thing."

"Then again, so did the rest of us.."

"Mavis, I was deceased, I did nothing but die. You and Wally didn't do anything either. It was the rest of Tidmouth that pretty much exiled her."

"She needed help and we never got it for her. That's on us."

"But she also made those choices willingly, so it's not all their fault. We're all to blame. I only wish she had a chance to get better."

"Sometimes I wish she did too, but...here we are. There's no Maddy. There is Molly, Arsenia and Bonnie. We work with what we got."

"I guess you're right."

"I know I am. Now, c'mon, you and I have some things to catch up on."

"....what kind of things, Mavis."

   All Mavis did was grin at him.

   Having some free time for the first time in a while, Bonnie was strolling out and about, just enjoying the gentle wind on her boiler. She noticed a lot of things. Most things were healing. Rosie and Travis were hanging out more, and Rosie couldn't help but thank her for talking some sense into him. They couldn't be happier.