Friendship Tested

Wally was dropped off at Ffarquhar, with still no Mavis in sight. Nathan just assumed that she was still working. Shrugging that off, he wished his son a goodnight, and chuffed his way back to Tidmouth, happily humming to himself.

   On his way, he saw Thomas puff in the other direction, with James not too far behind.

"What the-"

"Poor sod can't find Emily and is dragging me into it." the red engine grumbled. "Thomas, I'm sure she's FINE."

"You don't know thaaaat!" Thomas cried out.

   That was all Nathan heard of their conversation as he still made his way back to Tidmouth. 

"Weird.."

   When he finally made it there, he found Travis in one of the berths, having a worried look spread across his face.

"What's Travis doing here..?" he asked, perplexed. "Far as I'm aware, you don't sleep here."

"I can't find Rosie.." he replied solemnly. "I turned my back for one second, and the next thing I know, she's gone. I know she liked to play Hide and Seek..but I've searched all over Elsbridge and neighboring stations. Nothing."

"So your first thought was to come here?"

"It's where all my friends are, and I was hoping Little Red can help.."

"Far as I know, she's still in the shower."

"Didn't you leave to drop off Wally an hour ago?" Henry asked, trying to console Travis, with little progress. "There's no way she's still in there."

"Well, she might be." Nate put in. stepping off the tracks to go knock on the door.

   Since Maddy became an asset to the rails, the sheds had been equipped with fully functioning bathroom and kitchen. STH told her that she needn't rely on a little portable stove, nor have to travel to the nearest station to use the bathroom. A house within a home, she supposed. Not that she was going to complain. Made less walking for her to do.

"Maddy? Bluebeeeell.." Nate hummed, knocking on the door. "C'mon, if you're still in there, you're surely a raisin, if I remember right."

   No answer.

"Dude, now's not the time for games. Get outta there. Don't make me have Gordon kick down the door."

"I will do no such thing. That's such a breach of her privacy. For shame, Nathan."

"Someone's gotta get in there and make sure she didn't drown. Lady knows she probably fell asleep in there.."

"You can do it, Nathan."

"There is not enough alcohol on the island to get me to kick down this door and prepare to potentially see parts of my best friend that I was never supposed to see in the first place. Nuh-uh. No way. I'd have at least three people after my bunker and I know at least two of them would scrap me on the spot."

"Oh for-" Gordon grumbled, stepping off the tracks in the comfort of his berth, approaching the extension to the sheds. "Little Maddy. Last chance. Quit your little games! We've got an issue on our hands and Travis won't leave until you solve it."

"I'm not that bad to be around, thank you, grumpy gus."

   Still, there was no answer, which even left Gordon a little concerned.