Where'd You Go?

[This plot was partially brought to you by Nathan the Saddle Tank Engine! Check him out! Right now!!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3FW59LY_DwsES4d2E7wHuQ

;)~ ]

   It was a quiet night in the sheds, especially after what had happened. James had been shunned to his own berth, too guilty to sleep in his own bed. Everyone was sound asleep, having pleasant dreams, including Maddy. Currently, she was in a land of fluffy animals, nearly crying because she did not have enough arms to pet them.

"You'll all get your turns...!" she whined to all the animals. "I'm sorryyyy!"

   With all the barking, meowing, and various other noises, she couldn't see her dreamscape falling apart. That is until it was too late. Bunch by bunch, she watched all the fuzzy creatures fall into an endless abyss, only to ultimately disappear. Then, she felt herself fall...and fall..and fall...and- THUNK!

"Ow..! What the hell..?!" Maddy groaned, sitting up and looking around in the endless darkness. For a while, she saw nothing, but after a bit of walking aimlessly, she came up to a soft, golden light. As she approached the light, it turned into a vaguely familiar figure, which she recognized.

"Lady...?"

"Maddy, my sweet child, you need to get out of here, it isn't safe..!"

"What do you mean..?" she frowned, fear coming over her face.

"There's no time to explain, please, you gotta-"

   Lady didn't get to finish her sentence as she abruptly disappeared, and the voids of Maddy's dreamscape quickly started to crumble. She woke with a startled yelp, but was swiftly silenced.

"Mm! MMHMN!!"

"Shh...~" a voice purred, a raspy, familiar voice.

   Maddy didn't see anything as she was jostled into what seemed to be rope and an itchy sack.

"Ugh..what's with the screaming.." Thomas grumbled, cracking an open an eye from the comfort of his bed.

   He noticed a shadowy figure stuffing his best friend into a sack, but in his sleepy nature, passed it off as a weird part of his dream. Laying back down, he realized how stupid that was. 

"MADDY?!"

"Thomas, shut up!" James hissed. "Some of us need sleep! Keep your nightmares to yourself!"

"No!"

   Thomas hopped out of bed as quickly as he could and began chasing this figure on foot. All the commotion awoke the rest of his friends, who were all grumpy and confused by what was going on.

"Get back here! James! Wake up!" Thomas called out. Unfortunately, he wasn't fast enough on foot, and the figure was quickly getting farther away.

"What is going on!?"

"Shhhh! Quiet..!" Henry shushed. "You're going to wake Ma-...ddy?" 

   Henry had gone quiet when he looked at her bed. It was empty.

"She's over there." Thomas pointed to the figure carrying her away like a sack of flour.

"..."

"James?"

   James didn't say another word as he lurched forward, going right after the figure. She was right...again, and he didn't believe her. How silly could he be?