Poisoned Youth

"BLUEBELL!"

"LITTLE RED!"

"HONEY BEE!"

   James swiftly gave Boomer the worst headbutt he'd probably ever experienced, effectively knocking him out. He kicked the gun out of his hand and far, far away. Just as the gun slid to a stop, he felt an excruciating pain in his chest, a pain so awful it brought him to his knees. He felt as if he couldn't breathe. Gasping for air, he looked up at his wife, slouched over in the chair she was in. 

"Honey...Bee!"

"..."

   She barely lifted up her head, just enough to look him dead in the eye. He noticed that her breathing was labored, and yet, she had a smile on her face.

"What are you-"

   He couldn't hear a word she said, because it was gargled out by blood pouring out of her mouth, but, he somewhat knew how to read lips, and what she said only brought more agonizing pain to him.

'I win. I. wiiiiiiiiiin.'

"You win..you.......planned...this...oh my stars..you.."

   All he got in return was a sly smirk as she leaned forward just a tad too much, and thanks to the looseness of her restraints, she fell right out, and onto the floor. By then, James physically felt something snap inside of him, like a breaking rubber band, and the pain multiplied ten-fold. He screamed and howled that it burned, and he remembered that her magic had bound them together, for as long as the other would live, and as much as he struggled to think, his mind came to one conclusion.

   Maddy was dying. The bond was severed.

   Travis, Ten and Nate could only here the awful screaming that came out from James. Barely audible words poured out from him. 'It burns. Someone help me. Someone help her. My baby, My beloved is dying.'

   Ten took all the confusion that was happening, and made his escape. Nate was dead and couldn't exactly do much, and Travis was kneeled down by his 'Little Red'. Ten no longer cared about what was happening, and as much as he told the girl he'd do whatever it takes even it would kill her. But now that Boomer had inadvertently done it himself, he came to the realization that he could do the torturing 'til the cows come home, but actually going through with the murdering part was something he learned that he could not do. He felt bad, and he hated it.

   James could no longer take it, he felt his world get dark, and he passed out right there, leaving Travis with a mess.

"Oooh, stars..James! Little Red..! Wake up..!"

   But she didn't wake up, instead, a bright little pixie came right out of her, buzzing around.

"What on Sodor..?"

"What is that?"

   The pixie flittered about, swirling around Travis, and ultimately flying away, flying straight through the ghost.

"What the hell?"

   He felt himself regain his tangibility, and since engines cannot fly, he fell flat on his face, unable to use his legs, or anything for that matter.

"Nathan?"

"Waaaaaship.." he slurred. "Heeeewwwwwoo?"

"Guess this is up to me.." Travis sighed.

   He piled all of his friends on his shoulders. They each needed to go somewhere different, with varying degrees of urgency.