Panic

"..Maddy?"

   Duck was calling out for his friend. He was far enough from the explosion that it didn't affect him much, but Maddy? She was but a few feet away from it all. All Duck saw was dust, smoke and flames billowing from the site, and it was spreading to more flammable things.

"Driver! Call the fire and rescue crew!" yelled the Great Westerner. "And maybe an ambulance! Ooooh..dear this isn't good at all.."

  He couldn't see her, not even a silhouette of her. He felt his heart racing, looking back to his fireman.

"Sir, please call James' driver."

  His fireman nodded, dialing the number of his colleague.

   At the same time Maddy was delivering her trucks, James was delivering animal feed to a local farmer in the area. He still hated it, but he knew the animals needed it, so it made it slightly less terrible. James only wished he could at least deliver trucks to the coast, where his paint would look oh so splendid, and Maddy would be there of course. They could annoy Duck together and it would be just divine.

"Why do I have to deliver this..? Can't Sir Topham Hatt find another engine..?"

"You're the only engine available," chuckled his driver, "So it had to be you."

   James grumbled. This sucked. But sooner or later, the tracks beneath him rumbled, and a noise was heard soon after.

"They must need a lot of explosives over there.." he mumbled. "They're shaking the whole island."

   As soon as he got to his destination, he rested in his spot as his cargo was being unloaded. He then heard a phone go off. It didn't sound like his, so it must be his driver or his fireman. He soon found out when he heard one of them answer.

"Hello?" said his driver. "Oh! Mitch! What are you calling for?"

  His driver went silent for what felt like forever. Did James need to be worried? It was a 50/50 shot. Mitch was Duck's fireman, so what could he want with his driver?

"..Oh..dear.." James heard him mumble. "He's..oh boy..how do I tell him that?"

  He bit his lip and talked to Mitch for a bit before hanging up, uncoupling James from his trucks, and coming forward to face his engine.

"What's going on, driver?" he asked.

  James didn't get an answer. Seemed his driver was trying to find a way to tell him whatever was going on.

"James..ah...how to put this.." he sighed. "There's been an accident on the coast."

"..O..kay..?"

"They can't find your girlfriend."