"Silent Screams."

Ying Yue was taken into a huge mansion. Xiaoping walked into a room on the first floor and closed the door behind him without saying a word. The two goons led her up a long flight of stairs to a bedroom on the second floor. Four more bodyguards were posted outside of the room and they all were bigger in size. She entered the room and noticed that the windows were boarded up from the inside. The goons left and locked the door behind them, leaving her with her thoughts.
  She looked around and found that the room barely had anything in it. A bed in one corner and a small bathroom adjacent. She moved to one of the windows and pulled on the piece of wood that covered the window. When it didn't move, she sighed heavily, and tucked her hair behind her ear. Her ponytail had come loose and she was starting to sweat. Her chest lifted and her hand went over her mouth. She stifled the cry that threatened to escape her mouth. Tears filled her eyes and she fought to control her breathing. She was scared. What was Xiaoping planning to do to her?
  An hour passed as she sat on the bed, crazy thoughts running through her head. Without knocking, one of the hired men entered the room. Her heart raced as the thought of him doing something terrible to her entered her mind. He placed a tray of food on the bed and left. She looked down at the tray. Could she even eat? Her hand went to her belly and she thought about the baby. Gu Hai and Bai LuoYin would want her to eat, she thought. She picked up the chopsticks and ate some of the food. 
  Half an hour passed and Xiaoping entered the room. She stood up and slowly backed away from the bed, putting her back to the wall. His eyes followed her every move. Visions of how he treated her in the past entered her mind. A slap to the face when she was in the kitchen cleaning up, because she had not spoken to him at dinner. She had chosen not to speak to him after realizing that he had changed as a husband and a man. That night she also came to the conclusion that he was cheating on her. When he had gotten home, he hugged her. The smell of another woman’s perfume lingered on his shirt. She had chosen not to say anything about it because of the abuse. 
  “I see you’ve eaten something,” he said, turning his head to look around the room. “I will bring up some clean towels so that you can take a bath.” 
  Ying Yue didn’t want to speak. She couldn’t even stand looking at him. The urge to throw up everything she had eaten earlier was strong. Do not say a word to him, she thought, he doesn’t deserve it. But what if she didn’t speak to him? Would he hit her? Would he get angry and try to hurt her or the baby?
  Xiaoping turned his eyes on her again and looked her up and down. His anger bubbled under his skin like a steaming pot covered with a lid. He took a deep breath and linked his hands behind his waist. “I will not harm you,” he said, “but do not make things hard or I will have to.” He turned and left the room.
  When the door closed behind him, Ying Yue sat on the edge of the bed and cried quietly. It had taken everything inside of her not to scream at the top of her lungs.

  The mall security and even the police had searched the entire mall three times. When mall security pulled the camera footage from the food court they saw when Ying Yue entered the restroom. But she never left. It was strange to everyone involved.
  Gu Hai sat down in a chair next to the man who was in charge of the security cameras. They focused on the one monitor that showed the women's restroom. He asked the man to rewind the tape over and over again. He was looking for something out of the ordinary. He needed to solve this mystery fast. Even though he was concerned about Ying Yue, he was secretly more worried about the baby. His heart ached and he tried his best to be strong, even if it was for his wife. 
  Bai LuoYin watched as mall security blocked off the restroom with yellow tape. The mall was closed now, but still, they didn’t want anyone else coming in and interrupting their investigation. He entered the women's restroom and surveyed the area. The stalls and sinks were the only things in the room. There was no way Ying Yue left the restroom without someone seeing her. He had a horrible thought. What if Ying Yue had changed her mind about keeping the baby? Did she leave because she wanted to keep the baby and raise it herself? He stood in the middle of the restroom and looked down at the tiled floor in silence. Then he thought about what he had done to Gu Hai. If they had been with Ying Yue maybe this would have never happened. Guilt hung heavy in his chest and his nose burned. He wanted to cry. He cleared his throat and shook the thought from his mind. He had to be strong, even if it was for his husband. 
  “I don’t see any windows,” said one of the officers, scratching his head, “how in the world did she get out?” The other officer shrugged his shoulders and looked over at Bai LuoYin.
  Gu Hai watched the tape over and over. He watched as lots of women came and went through the restroom doorway. After a while, he noticed something odd. “Wait,” he yelled to the man next to him, “go back!”
  The man jumped in his seat, looked at him puzzled, and did as he was asked.
  “Right there,” Gu Hai pointed at the screen. “Do you see the woman pushing the wheelchair?”
  The man squinted, leaned forward, and looked at the screen. He didn’t see anything different from all the other times.
  “Zoom in on the woman pushing the chair,” Gu Hai ordered.
  The man did as he was told.
  “Do you see it,” asked Gu Hai. He stood up and looked closer. “That isn’t a woman at all. That is a man!”
  The man tilted his head to the side and frowned. He didn’t see what Gu Hai saw. “How can you tell,” he asked.
  “Shit,” Gu Hai said. He left the office to go find Bai LuoYin and the police officers.
  Bai LuoYin’s heart sank. He was still in his thoughts. He couldn’t help himself. When Gu Hai entered the restroom, he immediately stood taller. He had to be strong! 
  “She has been kidnapped,” Gu Hai said sternly.
  “What,” Bai LuoYin said in disbelief. 
  “Yes,” Gu Hai said, “come look at this.” He led Bai LuoYin back to the office and they played the tape once more.
  Bai LuoYin watched as Gu Hai explained his theory on what he thinks had happened. 
  “Look at their shoulders,” Gu Hai pointed to the screen. “Women are not built like that,” he said. “Look at the way they’re walking after they leave the restroom,” he added.
  Bai LuoYin saw what Gu Hai saw. The last person that left the restroom after the woman pushing the wheelchair walked differently. He saw how odd they moved and knew that they were men also. 
  “I think they kidnapped her in the restroom, put her in the wheelchair, and left,” Gu Hai said.
  Bai LuoYin looked over at the police officers in charge, their eyes wide with amazement, “Go inform the others,” he said, “we have to find her.” He looked over at Gu Hai and said, “I have a bad feeling about this.”
  Gu Hai nodded. “Do you think that it’s Xiaoping?”
  “If it’s not someone looking for money, then yes,” Bai LuoYin said.