"Scissors"

Gu Hai and the Thailand Police Department followed the vehicle through all of the cameras they could find. They started with the street cameras and then went to some of the local shops that were on the same route, asking the owners to pull their feed of the day in question. They followed the vehicle for quite a few miles, but then lost it going in the direction of Suphan Buri, off of the 340 route. 
  Bai LuoYin urged the police to send out a missing person’s notice to every local news station and paper in the country. Ying Yue was pregnant, if there was a possibility that she was hurt, they had to find her as quickly as they could. He also sent Jiang Yifei and the rest of their friends back to the hotel. There was very little they could have done and Jiang Yifei looked tired and stressed from the guilt of losing her friend.
  You Qi used his powerful media presence on social media to speak to his fans in Thailand. He showed them a picture of Ying Yue and pleaded for his fans to keep an eye out for her. If they had any information at all he encouraged them to call the police. 
  Yang Meng was so proud of him that he gave him a great big hug. Watching his lover use his fame to help someone was the most selfless thing he had ever seen You Qi do. It turned him on as well as made him delighted.   
  “How can they just disappear,” Gu Hai shouted. He slammed his fist against the wall of the small clothing shop. 
  The shop owner frowned and Bai LuoYin went to his side to try and calm him down. The officers also frowned, behavior like that was not tolerated in their country, no matter the circumstance. 
  “We have no choice but to wait and see if someone comes forward with some information,” said one of the officers. 
  Gu Hai tried to control his breathing. He felt angry. He clenched his fist and closed his eyes. His back was to Bai LuoYin and he was thankful that he couldn’t see his face. He felt when his wife’s hand touched his back and his next breath was calmer than the last. He turned to face him.
  Bai LuoYin watched as Gu Hai turned to face him and he saw the stress deep within his eyes. His face looked tired as if he was in need of sleep. Gu Hai gave him a weak smile and then pulled him into his arms. Not a care was given to their audience. Though the shop owner’s expression turned to something of admiration, the officers were taken back at their public affection. 
  Bai LuoYin pulled away and looked up at him. “We’re going to find her,” he reassured, nodding his head once. 
  Gu Hai heard his words, let them sink in, and turned towards the officers. “Let every news station in the country know that there will be a reward for any information leading to Ying Yue and her safe return.” 
  “How much should I tell them,” asked another officer. He pulled out his cell phone and gave Gu Hai curious eyes.
  “One million.” Gu Hai said flatly. 
  The shop owner walked up to Gu Hai and said, “I hope you find her soon. I’m sorry that this has happened to you two.”
  They thanked the shop owner for her cooperation and left.

  Ying Yue pulled an oversized white dress over her head. Xiaoping had brought it into her room after she had gotten out of the tub. He also brought her a bag of perfumes and lotions also, things that he remembered that she liked. He walked into her room without knocking.
  “I will be sleeping with you tonight,” he said. 
  Ying Yue froze. What the hell did he mean? Was he really going to sleep next to her?
  “Don’t worry,” he said bitterly, “I’m not going to have sex with you.”
  Hearing that did nothing to comfort her. Him laying next to her all night long made her break out in a sweat. If he slept next to her tonight, she would not close her eyes. She knew it was bad for the baby, but imagining him strangling her in her sleep made her uneasy. 
  He walked up to her and watched as she took a step back. “You have nothing to worry about,” he said, “I’ll be on my best behavior.” 
  She focused on a spot on the floor. She hoped that this horrible experience wouldn’t make her sick. If she lost sleep tonight, would she be okay? 
  He led her to the bed and she laid down on her side, tucking one hand under her belly and the other under her chin. He went to turn off the lights and her heartbeat sped up. Without the light, any light, she felt afraid. 
  She felt when he crawled into the bed and he let out a sigh. Then someone knocked on the door. 
  “Fuck,” he hissed and got out of the bed. He opened the door to find one of his lead guards standing there. He stepped out of the room to speak to him.
  When they closed the door, Ying Yue’s mind went wild. She couldn’t take it! This was madness! Never in her life did she think that she would be held captive. She passed her hand over her stomach. Your fathers are looking for us, she silently said to her unborn child.