"Traditional Love"

Double Happiness cakes had been sent out to both families along with gifts a while ago. Gao's family members had embraced her and welcomed her own family with open arms and open hearts. The atmosphere had been filled with so much joy.
Yan Ya Jing sat in her room crying. She missed her mother. Lung cancer had claimed her life, but her father and the rest of her family were excited for her wedding.
The loss of her mother had left a hole in her heart. Gao had tried his best to make her feel better, but it was a difficult task. He was only able to hold her and reassure her that her mother was in a better place.
"Your mother is watching over you as we speak," he said, kissing her hand.
She wiped at her eyes with a tissue and nodded. It was hard not to cry. They sat in the living room, on the love seat, wrapped up in a blanket after breakfast.
The sun was shining through the windows but Yan Ya Jing looked red as a tomato.
"I will make you happy. I'll try my best to make you smile every day," Gao promised.
Since they were trying to do more of a modern wedding, there was no need for a dowry. Both Gao and Yan Ya Jing were well off in life, they felt as if this wasn't something they wanted to follow. Instead, they agreed on sending gifts along with the wedding invitations to their families and friends. Their families had met and they had all sat down to drink tea together.
After doing so, their families adored one another. They adored the happy couple even more.
Both their families had given them red envelopes with money and jewelry. Gao's mother and sister, whom have many children of their own, set up the wedding bed in the new home that Gao had purchased for their wedding night.

It was done so that Yan Ya Jing would be blessed with fertility and good luck

It was done so that Yan Ya Jing would be blessed with fertility and good luck. Many children from Gao's side of the family jumped on the bed, so that blessings were poured into the sheets. Wishes, that they had many children of their own one day.
Gao had decorated the wedding limo of their choice with the help of his father. Secretly, he knew that his wife to be would love it.
He wiped the tears from her eyes and hugged her. He couldn't imagine what it was like not having his mother next to him on his big day. He mentally chose to love Yan Ya Jing harder.
Only a few days away, Gao tried his best to take Yan Ya Jing's mind off of her loss. He knew there was very little that he could do, but he tried. It was important to show her that he would always be there for her.
He played music and did silly dance moves. Even though her eyes were puffy, she had managed to laugh.
Later, he found her by the window, sad, with tears still in her eyes. He pointed through the windows at the people walking by and said, "Let's try to guess what those people are doing right now." His goal was to take her mind off of things.
When they went out for dinner, she was still sad. He fed her and talked about the names of their future kids.
When they got home that night, he held her in his arms until she fell asleep. Then he went home, dreaming of the day he would call her his wife.
Two more days, and they would be married.
On the day before her wedding, Yan Ya Jing sat in her apartment, crying again.
When Gao arrived, he saw her sadness and pulled out his phone. He clicked on YouTube and played a video. He turned up the volume to the max and put it down on the coffee table. He took Yan Ya Jing's hand and pulled her to her feet. He slow danced with her to make her feel better.

As the music started, he wrapped his arms around her small waist and pulled her closer.
She looked up into his eyes and saw how much he loved her. How much he would do.
He half smiled and sighed. He loved her eyes, her lips, and everything else about her.
She rested her cheek on his chest and breathed. Listening to the lyrics, tears filled her eyes. It was true, she loved him, but she still held onto the memory of her mother. She only wished that she could have been here to experience her getting married.
He kissed her forehead.
She sniffled and swayed to the melodious rythm.
He twirled her and dipped her head.
She laughed and was so happy that she had finally fallen in love with a great man. She wouldn't trade this for the world.
"See, I made you laugh," he said.
They continued to dance.
"I cannot wait to make you my wife. One more day is too far away," he said.
She looked up at him and smiled. She felt the same. She wished that she could hurry time itself. She nestled back onto his chest and tried to steady breathing.
Moments like this was what life was about. Being in love with someone wasn't just about sex. You were 'living' when you were simply enjoying life with someone who meant the world to you. Sex was just a bonus. Though, she was nervous about their wedding night.
He lifted her into his arms and hugged her closer. "I'm sorry you're missing your mother."
"I will feel better after a while. I promise," she said.
He nodded. "Tomorrow will be the first day of the rest of our lives together."
She agreed and gently kissed his soft lips. She didn't want anyone else. He was perfect.  He was always on her mind. From the moment she woke up to the moment she went to sleep.
Tomorrow was the big day. Butterflies fluttered in her stomach.