"My Father, Your Father."

After their plane landed back in Beijing, they hurried home, dropped off their suitcases, and headed to their parents houses. They were both eager to shower their loved ones with the gifts they had bought. The first house they visited was Bai LuoYin's father, Bai Han Qi.
With two heavy bags in hand, Bai LuoYin struggled a bit to ring the door bell. Gu Hai, who also was holding bags of his own, reached up and rang the bell effortlessly. He even winked at Bai LuoYin and gave him a grin, as if to say, "Don't worry babe, I have your back."
"My boys!" Aunt Zhou's face lit up as she opened the front door cautiously at first, then realizing who it was.
It had taken Bai LuoYin months to convince his father and her to move into a new home, but Bai Han Qi had caved in after Gu Hai had had a long talk about the reasons why they should move. One reason being Aunt Zhou's young son. It was wise enrolling him in a better school. Bai Han Qi had agreed, but scolded Bai LuoYin when he offered to pay half their rent. It was true that his father was a proud man, but after Gu Hai had pulled some strings and had him promoted to an even better job, he was more than able to afford their new home. Not to mention, Aunty Zhou's restaurant was doing very well.
She threw the door open and embraced them both at once, wrapping an arm around each of their waists. She was always loving towards them, even back in their school days. She used to make breakfast for them before they headed off to fill their brains with knowledge. Though back then, Gu Hai had Bai LuoYin on his mind most of the time.
"How was your trip," she asked, pulling away and glancing at their hands with a curious look upon her face.
"It was great Aunty Zhou," Gu Hai said lifting his hands a little, "we come baring gifts," he grinned.
Bai LuoYin gave him side-eye. Ever since their marriage, Gu Hai seemed to be over dosing on his family's affection. He was always loving towards them, especially in the beginning, but now, he made more phone calls to them, more house visits. Bai LuoYin was starting to get suspicious. Was there something going on that he didn't know about?
"Is dad here?" Bai LuoYin asked, "we're not staying long, we're going to visit Gu's father also."
Aunty Zhou's eyebrows rose a bit as if the subject interested her, but she said nothing, she gestured with her hand for them to enter the house.
Bai Han Qi was sitting at the kitchen table having lunch when they walked in.
He smiled and his handsome face lit up. He loved Bai LuoYin to the moon and back. It showed in the way he looked at him, spoke to him, even scolded him.
Gu Hai had once said, "Besides your dad, there is no one who loves you more than me."
It was true, Bai Han Qi loved his only son immensely.
"Come, stay and eat something with us." Bai Han Qi waved them over.
Gu Hai licked his lips at the sight of all the food spread across the table.
"Why not..." Gu Hai said taking a seat at the table.
Bai LuoYin was hungry also and took a seat next to him. With the long flight home and the need to see their parents, they didn't have time to stop and get something. They both knew that when they got to Gu Wei Ting's house, Jiang Yuan, his wife, and Bai LuoYin's mother, would make them eat again anyways.
They sat, ate, and made small conversation about their one year anniversary. Gu Hai pulled his cell phone out and showed off his photography skills, which had improved because he was constantly taking pictures of Bai LuoYin. If Yin Zi, which was Bai LuoYin's nickname, was sleeping, Gu Hai would pull out his cell. Click, click, he would snap. He thought Bai LuoYin was beautiful when he slept. If Yin Zi was walking ahead of him and the roundness of his plump buttocks hypnotized him, click, click, went his camera. A memory saved for the rest of his life.
They stayed for about an hour, then left for Gu Hai's father's home.
Arriving, they were greeted by Jiang Yuan, taking groceries from her car to the house. She wasn't one hundred percent on board with their relationship yet, maybe one day she would be, but for now, she still took it one day at a time.
She smiled and hugged them one at a time. An unsure smile played on her lips. She knew about their one year anniversary trip. But she would never ask about it.
"Is dad here?" Gu Hai asked, helping her with some bags.
She nodded and then left to find her husband inside of the house.
Bai LuoYin grabbed some grocery bags and followed Gu Hai inside.
Gu Wei Ting walked into the kitchen with his wife soon after and embraced his son first. He was working on becoming closer to his son. Gu Hai was grateful, knowing it would take time. Bai LuoYin shook his hand, firmly.
Jiang Yuan had her bad ways, but she did love her son. She walked up to him and ran her fingers through his perfectly cut hair. A year ago, Bai LuoYin would have stopped her, but, Gu Hai was the one who had encouraged him to allow her to do motherly things. Now, he let her do those things and it didn't bother him so much.
Bai LuoYin observed her face for a moment. She looked tired. He would have asked if she was alright, but he still wasn't comfortable with being this close with her yet. It would take some more time.
"Have you two eaten?" She asked, eyeing them both.
Bai LuoYin glanced at Gu Hai, giving him a look that said, "Thank goodness we left room for more food."
Gu Hai tried his best to hide the blush, sucking in both his lips and biting down on them so he couldn't show how bad he wanted to laugh out loud.
Eventually they all sat down and ate a meal together. There was very little conversation other than, "How is work?" and "How is it going at the military base?"
Gu Hai was still running his high-tech enterprise and Bai LuoYin was still doing missions on the base. The only difference was, Bai LuoYin did jobs that required him to stay grounded, no more flying missions. Gu Hai's rescuing him from being stranded that one time had Bai LuoYin promising to stay on land. Gu Hai rarely went into work. If he had to approve something, he could just log onto his computer at home and do so.
It was funny how things turned out. It didn't seem like so long ago, they were sitting in bed at Bai LuoYin's house talking about their hopes and dreams. Sure it was hard to do that while fighting off Gu Hai's advances, but they did it. They both had become successful. Life had turned them into strong men, mentally and physically. This was just the beginning. Only a year had past, there was still more growing to do within. They would try to be closer with their own families. After all, family is forever.