"The Comfort Of His Arms."

Yang Meng lay in You Qi’s arms, his head resting on his chest and the bedsheets twisted around their bodies. They were both naked, sweaty and sticky. 
  You Qi ran his fingers through Yang Meng’s hair, enjoying the moment after their hot and steamy love session. He stared at the ceiling and was deep in thought. The low humming of the air conditioner was the only thing that made a sound in the room. 
  “You Qi,” Yang Meng whispered, breaking the silence. His breath was still hot and his eyes were shut because he still felt the effects of his orgasm. 
  “Mm,” You Qi answered, deep in his own thoughts. 
  “How many children do you want,” Yang Meng asked.
  You Qi stopped stroking his hair and looked down at him. Where did this question come from, he thought to himself. “Why do you ask,” he said.
  “Bai LuoYin and Gu Hai are having two babies,” Yang Meng said, “I was just curious to know how many you wanted.”
  “I want four.”
  “Four,” Yang Meng yelped, pulling the sheets to cover his chest as he sat upright. “How can you want four kids!” 
  You Qi frowned and looked at him as if he were confused. “Is four too many,” he asked.
  Yang Meng looked at him in disbelief and said, “Four is a lot to handle, don’t you think?”
  “I have four siblings, including me. My mother and father did a pretty good job raising us all.”
  “Four siblings?”
  You Qi nodded and smiled.
  Yang Meng whistled and rolled his eyes. “Bless your mother and father. I don’t know if I could raise four kids at once,” he said. 
  You Qi grabbed some more pillows, shoved it behind his head, and made himself more comfortable. He was ready for this conversation. As a matter of fact, he had something very important to talk to him about. “Three brothers and one sister,” he said.
  “Who is the youngest?”
  “My sister.”
  “Are you the oldest?”
  “No, my brother Chang is.”
  Yang Meng thought for a few seconds and said, “Is that why you want so many children? Is it because you have four siblings?”
  You Qi nodded and smiled again. “My childhood was great,” he said. “My two older brothers used to play with me a lot. We had so much fun growing up together. I want that for my own children.”
  Yang Meng bit his bottom lip and looked away. Secretly, he didn’t like children. They were too loud and sometimes they annoyed him for no reason. But being with You Qi, he wondered if the love he had for him would give him the tolerance he needed to raise a family together. Maybe he felt that way because he was an only child. It must have been nice to grow up with a younger sister or an older brother. 
  “I want you to meet my family,” You Qi said after the short silence.
  Yang Meng locked eyes with him and they held each other’s gaze. He was lost for words. 
  “It is time you met them all,” said You Qi. “Ever since coming out publicly, they’ve been asking questions about you.”
  “Me?”
  You Qi nodded. He could tell that he was nervous and the fact that his lover didn’t break out into a ramble made it obvious that he was not prepared for the conversation at hand, but it was time, time to meet his family.
  “I don’t know,” Yang Meng said and looked down at the bedsheets. 
  “Does talking about this make you nervous?”
  Yang Meng nodded. 
  “How about this,” You Qi said and reached over to take his hand in his own. “Meet my parents first. You can meet my siblings after. We have known each other for a long time now. I want you to get to know my family.”
  Unpleasant thoughts formed in Yang Meng’s head. What if they didn’t like him? What if they told him to leave and never come back? What if You Qi’s mother liked him but the father didn’t?
  You Qi knew that Yang Meng was overthinking things, like he always did. He gently caressed his lover’s hand in a soothing way and pulled him into another embrace. “It will be fine,” he said, “I’m sure that they will love you.”
  Yang Meng lay his head on his chest once more and from the moment he felt the warmness of his skin on his cheek, he felt calm.
  “They will love and adore you just like I do,” You Qi said. 
  Yang Meng took a huge breath in, held it, then exhaled slowly. Was he ready for this? 
  “My mother is very kind. My father is strict, but he is a good man. I know you will like them both.”
  “When should I meet them?”
  “I will arrange something for this weekend. How does that sound?”
  Yang Meng agreed. He wasn’t one hundred percent sure, but he would do it for love.