"Seeing Ghosts And Stars."

Another day at the pool and Ying Yue and Jiang Yifei were getting their regular exercise in. Unaware of the woman sitting a short distance away, they kept busy and enjoyed themselves, laughing and splashing one another until the instructor scolded them.
  The woman sitting, pretending to be interested in her magazine, was hired by Xiaoping. Observe Ying Yue and report back. That was her only job for the day.
  When Jiang Yifei suggested that they have a fresh salad for lunch, they had the driver take them to the closest eatery. It was packed with people by noon and they had to wait for a table. Ying Yue's bodyguard and Wang Wei secured a table for them and even put their order in. All the women had to do was wait. They sat in the lobby chatting about how long their nails had grown.
  Outside of the establishment, another one of Xiaoping's eyes watched from the comfort of his car. He texted his boss the location and time of where Ying Yue was and let him know that it was a random stop. The salad place was not somewhere that she usually frequented.
  After the women ate and drove off with their bodyguards, another person followed them in a different vehicle. With the many faces that Xiaoping hired, it would be easier for them to blend in with their environment and make it harder for the bodyguards to place their faces. Xiaoping had conceived a good plan.
  The women arrived at their next stop, a botanical garden. Today, they were going to do something fun. Pictures and beautiful flowers.
  The botanical garden was set up on two acres of land. There were many flowers in the garden. Ying Yue took a picture of a peony, which was known as the "king of flowers" in China and was also known as "flower of riches and honor" and was also their national flower. Jiang Yifei snapped a picture of the chinese rose, which was dubbed as "queen of the flowers" in China.
  When they came upon a small water garden, Jiang Yifei made Ying Yue pose near the lotus flower and took her picture. She looked so cute that they sent the picture to Bai LuoYin and Gu Hai, who both replied with smiling and heart emojis.
  They walked deeper into the magical looking garden and found the hibiscus flower, magnolia, camellia, and plum blossom. They had a quick bite to eat and drank something sweet and yummy.
  Wang Wei watched as Jiang Yifei walked past some of the flowers. He was one hundred percent smitten with her. His mind raced with questions about her. He wanted to ask, but knew better. His job as a bodyguard came first. Gu Hai had said to protect her with his life and that was what he was going to do. She smiled at Ying Yue and he wanted to kiss her. Her lips looked so soft. She glanced at him and he jerked his head to the left, surveying the area. He hoped that she didn't catch him looking at her.
  They continued to make their way through more of the displayed flowers.

  Xiaoping's cellphone went off every five minutes with updates on his wife. She was at the botanical garden. He drove to where she was located and tried to control his breathing. He got out of his car and placed a big hat over his head and shades over his eyes. He looked at his phone and read the last message. She was currently located in the middle of the garden, walking very slow, and enjoying herself. His eyes grew dark as he made his way inside.

  Ying Yue struck a silly pose and Jiang Yifei took another picture. They laughed and looked at it together. The two bodyguards stayed close by.
  Jiang Yifei turned to Wang Wei and held out her cellphone. "Take our picture, please," she said to him and smiled.
  Ying Yue wanted to laugh. The way Wang Wei struggled with deciding was funny.
  Wang Wei took the phone and did as he was asked. Serve and protect, right?
  When the women were positioning themselves for the picture, side by side, it was then that Ying Yue looked up and froze. It was as if she had seen a ghost. Her bodyguard saw her facial expression and immediately turned around.
  Ying Yue could have sworn that she saw Xiaoping's face hidden among a patch of hanging flower pots. Her bodyguard swiftly turned to see what had frightened her, but he saw nothing but flowers. He looked at her again and could tell that she was spooked. Her face was pale.
  Ying Yue had stumbled backwards and Jiang Yifei had to steady her with both hands. "Are you okay?" she asked concerned.
  "I'm fine," Ying Yue said and tried to compose herself. She smiled nervously and tried to brush it off. Was she was seeing thing? That could not have been her husband!
  The two bodyguards went to her side. They helped steady her and double checked her legs and feet to make sure that she wasn't hurt in any way. Wang Wei had seen it also and took out his own cellphone. He dialed Gu Hai. When his boss answered, Wang Wei informed him of the events and then handed Ying Yue the phone.
  "Are you alright?" Gu Hai asked.
  "I'm fine," Ying Yue said, laughing nervously. "Maybe I'm just tired from walking so much."
  While she spoke to Gu Hai, she saw someone in the distance move from in between a huge bunch of flowers to another and her heart skipped a beat. The silhouette of the person looked just like her husband's own! Her mouth went dry and she felt dizzy all of a sudden. Visions of Xiaoping slapping her across the face filled her mind.
  "Are you thirsty?" asked Jiang Yifei. She had become worried.
  The bodyguards caught Ying Yue just as she passed out. Jiang Yifei yelped.