"The Search For A New Home."

Bai LuoYin decided to invite his mother to lunch the next day. He had a few questions he wanted to ask her. Even though his relationship with her was strained, Gu Hai encouraged him to talk with her more. Gu Hai would say, "We are getting older, not younger. Let's just forgive and try to move on from there."
When Gu Hai had said those words, the vein in Bai LuoYin's eye started to twitch. Did Gu Hai forgive his cousin, Gu Yang, with that same mentality? Bai LuoYin understood family is family, but doing evil things, even though you are family, should still mean something.
He thought about his mother then, was she evil for leaving him when he was younger? He knew for sure that he didn't like the way his mother looked down on his father. But he did notice that she cared for him.
Around noon, Jiang Yuan arrived at a small cafe, not too far from the base. It was well lit and not too crowded. It was simple but had a womans touch to it. There were a lot of men in uniform, so she assumed that this place was popular among the men from the base. A place for them to run out and grab something to eat on their lunch break.
She spotted her son, sitting in the middle of the place, with a drink in his hand as he looked over a menu. She smiled, how her son looked adorable as his eyes darted over the words.
Jiang Yuan truly did love her son. As she walked closer to the table, visions of his birth and the first time she held him in her arms flooded her mind. He was so angelic when he was born. Her heart burst at the memory of his first smile. The first time she tried talking to him and his effort to try to talk back to her pulled at her heart strings. For a moment tears stung her eyes. But she held them in as she grew closer to the table.
Bai LuoYin looked up from the table and stood up. Jiang Yuan hugged him quickly and put her purse down.
"It's been a while since I've seen you." She said, picking up her own menu as the waitress walked over to take her order.
"I've been busy with work. I did want to stop by and see how you and Gu Wei Ting were doing." He said.
She smiled politely and told the waitress what she wanted. The waitress wrote down their orders, took the menus, then left.
Bai LuoYin took a sip of his drink. He was nervous a bit. The questions he wanted to ask were related to babies, he didn't want her to get suspicious or ask too many questions. Besides, he hadn't had the talk with his husband yet.
Yesterday, Gu Hai had an unpleasant experience with some kid who left his belongings outside. He nearly broke his neck, allegedly.
"Was it difficult," Bai LuoYin asked, his eyes down and fixated on the contents in his drink, "was it a challenge raising me when I was born?"
Jiang Yuan's eyes instantly brightened. Just a moment ago she was thinking about him as a baby! Now he was asking about his younger self?! This child must be a mind reader!
"No," Jiang Yuan began to say, cautiously. She knew that the subject was touchy for them both.
She looked into his eyes as he looked up at her and smiled.
"You were the most beautiful baby in the world. You hardly ever cried. You played more than you slept." She said.
Hearing that warmed his heart. Even though they both hardly saw eye to eye, it was a comfort to know she had good memories of his childhood.
"Did you breast feed me?" He asked.
She laughed. It was strange that he were asking such a thing. But any conversation with her son was something she welcomed.
"Both. Breast feeding is better for a child but after a while it becomes sore. I gave you the bottle when it became stressful." She answered.
"Did I throw up a lot?"
"No, though, sometimes you did when you full."
"When I cried, how did you know what was wrong, though I couldn't speak."
"I would first check your diaper, give a you bath, a bottle, hold you, comfort you. It almost was like a checklist for a baby. If one didn't work, another would. Dealing with babies takes a lot of patience." She said.
The waitress brought over their food and they dug in. Bai LuoYin continued to ask questions and she answered them the best she could.
Bai LuoYin would also have to visit his father. There were questions only he could answer also.

Bai Han Qi opened his door to let his son inside. He was still dressed in his uniform, but looked a bit drained. It was well after dark as Bai LuoYin strolled into the house. It made Bai Han Qi wonder if he had worked late today.
"Dad, I wanted to talk to you about when I was younger." Bai LuoYin said, walking into the livingroom and taking a seat.
Bai Han Qi wondered if he could really keep a secret from his son. Gu Hai had made them promise. But looking at his son, he truly was battling himself.
"What do you want to know?" Bai Han Qi asked, taking a seat near him.
"When I behaved badly, what did you do?" Bai LuoYin began his interrogation.
Bai Han Qi breathed out heavily, composed himself, and leaned forward on the couch. "When you behave badly I simply put you in time out. You weren't to play with any of your toys, you couldn't go outside. But for the record, you hardly misbehaved." He said.
Bai LuoYin looked impressed. He looked around the room and asked, "Where is Aunt Zhou?"
"She's at the restaurant. There was a big catering event today. A business owner treated his workers to a party, a celebration on a project well done." His father informed.
Bai LuoYin nodded. He wanted to ask Aunt Zhou a few questions also. She was very experienced as a mother. Her information would be valuable to him as well.

Gu Hai had made an appointment with another doctor. This one specialized in artificial insemination. He also had the option where women offered to be surrogate mothers. This option appealed to Gu Hai greatly. It seemed the easiest.
He asked the doctor many questions and they were answered professionally. When the doctor asked him who would be the father, Gu Hai froze. He wanted a child of his own, but, he also wanted a little Yin Zi.
"Both." Gu Hai muttered to himself.
He wanted both. Could he handle two? The love in his heart screamed yes, but his brain doubted a little.
The doctor explained the procedure and Gu Hai listened to every word.
When he left the doctor's office, he was even more determined than ever to make this happen. He envisioned coming home to a son who would run into his arms, yelling, daddy, and his smile lasted all the way home.

Gu Hai entered the apartment to find Bai LuoYin in the kitchen. He was cooking steamed buns and rice with vegetables. It was simple enough for Bai LuoYin and Gu Hai appreciated the effort. It wasn't as though Bai LuoYin was a horrible cook, in fact, his cooking was good.
"I think we should look for a house of our own." Bai LuoYin said, with his back to him, stirring the contents of his pot.
Gu Hai went into a trance as he watched Bai LuoYin's little rump wiggle a bit as he moved. A wicked grin crept over him as he put down his things and moved up behind him. He wrapped his arms around his waist and pressed his entire front to his backside. Letting him know just how happy he was to see him.
Gu Hai rested his chin in the groove of his neck and planted a soft kiss that send chills up and down Bai LuoYin's body. He could feel the hairs rise on his arms and neck. It was the feeling that ignited a passion low and deep inside.
"Why do you want to move? I like it here." Gu Hai breathed him in. The scent that only Bai LuoYin could have. His own signature scent.
"I'd like to have something that we can call our own, that's why." Bai LuoYin said, ignoring the fact that Gu Hai liked living here. "We are wasting our money renting this place."
Gu Hai made a face. Bai LuoYin was right. Maybe it was time they had their own home. Secretly he thought it was a great idea. If they were to start a family soon, a bigger house would be the first smart thing to do.
He let go of Bai LuoYin and took his belongings with him to the bedroom. He glanced around, taking each item in. The bed, where they'd made love numerous times. He went into the bathroom and took off his work clothes. His eyes darted towards the sink, where he would usually bend Bai LuoYin over for something quick in the morning. The tub, where they made sweet love, cleaning each other, inch by inch. The shower, where he'd have Bai LuoYin pinned up against the wall, entering him from behind, while the water washed away all their lust.
He walked past the livingroom and smiled to himself with great satisfaction. He had taken Bai LuoYin on each couch, the floor, and at every window. Even as he passed the dining room table, the naughty boy inside of him gleefully exploded. How he enjoyed that one time under the table. Bai LuoYin hadn't wanted to do it on top because people ate on it. Gu Hai had protested, "Fine, we will just not invite anyone over!"
Bai LuoYin had looked at him with scorn in his eyes, "You dummy, if our parents came over and ate at this table, I wouldn't be able to get the image out of my mind!"
Gu Hai had given in and dragged him under the table. This way he could say they made love in every room.
He made his way back into the kitchen and a devilish new thought came into his brain. If they got a new house, he would be able to do it all again. He could have Bai LuoYin at his mercy in every new room!
"When can we start looking for a new home?!" He said overly excited.
Bai LuoYin turned to look at him suspiciously, squinting his eyes and wondering what was up with this guy.
"I've already started." Bai LuoYin said, turning to lick his finger.
"Then I'm going to start looking also," said Gu Hai, feeling a bit left out.
"Food is ready." Bai LuoYin said.
After dinner, they both went to the livingroom with their laptops. The quest for a new house had begun! Something spacious, something beautiful, something that their family can grow in. Bai LuoYin wanted something decent, while Gu Hai wanted something extravagant. They spent the rest of their night saving houses they were interested in on their tabs and checking out the neighborhoods. It was important that their family was in the safest area.
The area had to have the best school also. It was a must for them both that little Gu Hai or little Bai LuoYin attended only the best.
As they searched for their new home, they both secretly took these things into consideration. Once in a while, eyeing one another over the top of their computers. Trying their best to make sure each other's face was not too revealing.