"Work In Progress."

In all the years that Gu Hai and Yan Ya Jing has been in business together, not once had she felt the need to be on edge around him. There were times in the beginning when he had made her nervous, but now that they were best friends, things had changed. Walking through the building, her eyes would dart in all directions, expecting Gu Hai to jump out and scare her or something. All because she had chosen to help Bai LuoYin teach him a lesson. Damn that Bai LuoYin. She should have known better. When it came to matters of the heart, Gu Hai and Bai LuoYin were an unmatched couple. Sure, Gu Hai would move heaven for his husband, but he would also raise hell for him as well. Getting in the way of Gu Hai and his thoughts was like watering and giving sunlight to a plant and telling it not to grow after.
  "What's wrong with her?" asked one of the beautiful ladies on the first floor, after Yan Ya Jing cautiously checked behind a door in the filing room.
  "Why does she look uncomfortable?" another asked on the second floor, as Yang Ya Jing entered the printing room.
  When Gu Hai entered the building, all the women gushed over the way that he was dressed. He sported a grey suit with a silk blue shirt under and tie that looked as if it was made by a new designer. As he made his way towards the elevators, he listened as one of his employees said, "She looks scared for some reason."
  He grinned and shoved his hands into his pockets, pleased with himself. As his mood was lifted, so went the elevator.
  Bing! The elevator opened and he got off.
  "Gu Zong looks so handsome today!" someone said in the distance. Even though they were trying to be hushed about it, Gu Hai's hearing was sharp. He smiled and waved at them and headed towards his office.
  "Even though Gu Zong is married now, it breaks my heart," a woman said to her co-worker friend. "Long ago, he was always too serious. He never smiled at us. He never even waved. Now that he and Bai LuoYin are married, he has changed for the better."
  "I agree," said her friend, "Bai LuoYin has changed our man for the better. I would be jealous, but the smile we get from Gu Zong makes my day brighter."
  When Yan Ya Jing turned the corner leading to Gu Hai's office, she froze. He stood in front of her with a wicked grin and dark beady eyes.
  To her surprise, he slightly bowed his head and maneuvered around her to enter his office without a word. She followed him with untrusting eyes. They sat down and she began taking notes. Hours went by and they kept working in a professional manner. She handed him papers to sign and he did so without giving her a hard time. When it was lunch time, she looked up at his grinning face and practically ran from the room.
  After lunch was over and they started working again, he said, while writing on a piece of paper, "I hope you've learned your lesson."
  She glared at him. If she could get back at him, prank him, would she be able to pull it off? The thought of trying it and failing, made her want to throw up. She bolted to the private bathroom in Gu Hai's office.
  He laughed.
  When she returned, Gu Hai felt bad and apologized sincerely. "I'm sorry, but you had to learn a lesson." he said.
  Yan Ya Jing wiped her mouth and half-laughed. She waved her hand at him as if to say, forget about it and sat down. It meant something to her that he had apologized.
  "We are going on vacation soon," Gu Hai said. "You and Gao should come with us."
  "Vacation?" she said. "Who's going?"
  He told her his plans and waited for her response.
  "I'll talk to Gao about it and let you know," she said.
  They got back to work.

  "I'll have to apply for another passport," Ying Yue said. She handed Jiang Yifei a few slices of mangos in a bowl and sat down to watch another BL series.
  "We can go tomorrow," Jiang Yifei said, taking the bowl from her and digging in.
  "Thank goodness the guys hired bodyguards for us," Ying Yue said. "I feel so much safer now that they are here. Last night, I slept the best I've slept in a long time."
  Jiang Yifei smiled. She was happy also. She was even more happy that her friend had a peace of mind.

  Xiaoping had filed a 'missing persons report' and kept in close contact with all of the surrounding police departments. He hired private detectives, went to homeless shelters, domestic violence shelters, combed the streets at night and in the daytime, but had no luck. Where the hell could she have gone?! People don't just vanish! He knew that she couldn't leave the country, he had her passport. He had taken it long ago and had kept it in a place only he knew about.
  When he found her, he would teach her a lesson. One that made sure she never ran away from him again. Thinking about all the resources he had put into finding her, she deserved a good beating, he thought to himself.
  The woman that lay beside him on the bed stirred and he looked over at her. She had been a temporary distraction. Her curvy figure below the sheets had made him forget about his wife for the night. But now that the sun was peeking through the windows, he wanted to hit her a slap to wake her up, and send her on her way.
  He would spend all his money. He didn't care. If he had to sell the house, he would do it. Whatever means, he would find his wife again.
  He got up off of the bed and walked out of the room. He went into the kitchen and lit a cigarette. There would be no breakfast for the whore upstairs. He took a long drag and blew the smoke out slowly. Where the hell could she be? It annoyed him that she was well hidden. He grunted and it echoed in the half empty kitchen. She wasn't so smart, he thought. He would find her. Then, he had a thought. Deep in his brain, a plan took shape. He squinted, took another pull of his cigarette and thought deeply. Could she have gone there?
  He flicked the butt of the cigarette in the sink and went back upstairs to take his frustration out on the woman in his bed. He pulled the sheet off of her, grabbed her by the neck, backhanded her across the face and spit on her. He threw her across the room and unbuckled his pants.
  Who would she tell, he laughed in his head. "You're a whore," he said out loud while he pissed on her and she cried.