"The Subject Of Children."

Two weeks have passed by and the subject of children hasn't come up again. Bai LuoYin worked hard with new recruits and Gu Hai was busy with projects. But that didn't stop them from hopping online and searching for information on how to raise children in a same sex relationship, or reading articles on how to have children if you can't actually carry the child.
Bai LuoYin would sit at his desk. One moment he was filling out paperwork, the next, he was looking up what the best baby bottles looked like.
Gu Hai also found himself searching for items. He pulled up baby crib blogs, how to assemble them, and what kind was the safest. He wanted to be sure he was prepared.
There was tons of useful information online. They were even surprised to find something that looked like a garbage can that helped to keep smelly diapers hidden. Gu Hai was tempted to buy a baby pacifier that was made out of gold. It was made by a well known designer and it absolutely looked fit for a king.
Bai LuoYin was amazed at how small their clothing looked. He found pictures on newborn babies, prematurely born babies and ones that talked about how to cope with the pressures of raising kids. He read them all. He also wanted to learn as much as possible.
Yan Ya Jing walked into Gu Hai's office a few times and everytime she did so, he closed his laptop with a guilty look upon his face.
"What are you up to?" She had asked.
He would grin and then shake his head saying, "Nothing!"
She would squint her eyes at him suspiciously, but never pressed the subject.
After work, Gu Hai visited a doctor who specialized in child care. They spoke for hours. Gu Hai had so many questions.
Bai LuoYin went into many small shops around his neighborhood and checked out baby items.

Yang Meng sat behind his desk taking phone calls. Throughout the day, he listened to complaints, violations, domestic issues, wrote stolen property reports, and other issues amongst the community. He hung up the phone after filing a report made by a woman who wanted to report her noisy neighbors and sighed. His life had become such drama!
After clocking out of work, he headed to his not-so-nice car. A rusty looking bucket had a better paint job than his car. He made a face and lightly kicked the tires. Then he got his keys out from his pocket. His cellphone rang and he frowned. He usually didn't receive calls. Except his family, who only called once a month. He fished it out from his pocket and looked at the number. He didn't recognize it, but he answered anyway.
"Who is speaking?" He said into his end, suspiciously thinking it were a telemarketer calling to sell him something he didn't need.
How he hated those calls! Always bothering him with nonsense!
"Yang Meng, were you never taught manners?" Came the voice on the other end.
Yang Meng frowned. This person called his phone just to insult him? But the voice sounded familiar.
"Who is this?" He asked again.
The person on the other end laughed. There was a lot of noise in the background.
"You Qi, we have to go! The director is getting impatient!" Said someone.
Yang Meng's eyes went wide, saying, "You Qi!?"
"I was thinking about you, so I decided to give you a call. How are you doing? I'm coming to Beijing next week. I would like to come see you." You Qi said, hurriedly.
Yang Meng's mind went wild. He had not seen You Qi in a long time. This guy's handsome face had gotten him into movies and modeling. You Qi was working with the most talented people in the world! His popularity was on a tier all on his own.
Yang Meng remembered You Qi's sex appeal in their school days. All the girls crowded him. They did things for him, combed his hair, bought him lunch, and even offered to do his homework!
For a moment Yang Meng was silent.
"Are you still there?" You Qi asked.
"Yes! Yes, I'm still here. How come you want to see me?" Yang Meng asked, curiously and because it was just his nature.
You Qi laughed and said, "We haven't seen each other in a while. I would like to visit. I need someone to take me shopping for some things. It would he great if you could do me this favor."
Even though Yang Meng wasn't too busy, he only went to work and then home, he agreed. He hadn't been shopping in a long time. Maybe it would be good to see how You Qi turned out.
"Great," said You Qi
It was true, after all his fame, You Qi had become a very busy bee. It would he good to see him after all this while.

Gu Hai's appointment with a baby specialist went well. He was even more determined to have children with Bai LuoYin. The only problem he had now was bringing up the subject.
What if Bai LuoYin wasn't ready? What if it was too soon?
There were so many questions he had lingering inside if his head that he decided to visit Aunt Zhou.
As he sat down at the kitchen table, she made him a cup of tea. His father-in-law sat across from him, eyeing him suspiciously.
Gu Hai had entered the house with great excitement so it was natural for them to give him questionable looks.
"I have great news," Gu Hai began, "But it has to be between us first. I haven't talked to Bai LuoYin as yet."
Aunt Zhou sat down at in a chair and propped her head up with her arm. Now she was truly interested in what he had to say.
Bai Han Qi gave him his full attention.
After taking a sip of his tea and enjoying the warm sensation as it went down, Gu Hai took a deep breath.
"I think it's time we have children." Gu Hai said, happily.
Aunt Zhou and Bai Han Qi's face both lit up with joy.
"Really?!" She exclaimed and clapped her hands a couple of times.
"That's wonderful!" Bai Han Qi added.
"Yes, the only problem is, I'm not sure if we're ready for it. I don't know how Bai LuoYin feels. I don't know anything about raising children. I'm a little scared, but I'm also excited. Is that normal?" He asked, looking over at Aunt Zhou.
She nodded and said, "I was very scared when I had Tong Tian. He was a good baby. It only became hard when his father left. But you have Bai LuoYin, I'm sure you two are more than capable to raise children."
"I raised Bai LuoYin myself," Bai Han Qi said, "as I got older it was like he took care of me more than I took care of him. He will be fine. Talk to him first. I'm sure he is ready."
Gu Hai looked a bit unsure. He traced the outer rim of the cup with his fingers and took another deep breath.
"I think I'll be disappointed if he isn't ready. I think I'm more nervous than scared to talk to him about it." Gu Hai half whispered.
"I think you'll be fine," Aunt Zhou said, taking one of his hands into hers, "You two love each other. That's the most important thing."
Gu Hai smiled at her. The hope she instilled inside was like walking into the sun and having it caress your skin.
Bai Han Qi said with joy, "Grandparents, we will be grandparents! Let's have a drink to celebrate!"
As Gu Hai had a few drinks with his in-laws, it eased his mind a bit. It didn't change the way he felt. He was still tense about the subject. But at least they were happy about his decision. Now, he only had to talk to his wife.

Bai LuoYin contemplated on wither he would talk to Gu Hai about babies. He paced the apartment. Back and forth he went, from the kitchen to the livingroom. After five minutes, he stood still. He had thought of something. This apartment was not a good place to raise a child!
After they married and had moved into this place, the thought of moving into their own house never crossed their minds. They had become comfortable here. Everything they needed was close by, even their jobs.
He frowned, if he was going to talk to Gu Hai about this, the first thing they would need to do was move into their own house.
Bai LuoYin heard the front door open and he went to greet his lover.
Gu Hai put his briefcase down on top of the kitchen counter and turned to see Bai LuoYin's smiling face. He had an idea, he wanted to test Bai LuoYin on something.
"Ugh," he screamed out, pretending to be frustrated, "I almost fell! Some little kid left his roller skate on the walkway! Don't you just hate kids?!"
Bai LuoYin was taken aback, "Are you hurt?" He asked, looking concerned, and walking over to inspect Gu Hai's body for bruises or cuts.
"No, I'm fine, they just were careless with their things," Gu Hai said, keeping up his antics, "Don't you think kids are careless?"
Bai LuoYin secretly didn't think that kids were like that. Some were naughty, yes, but others were loving. Seeing as how Gu Hai was upset though, he went along with how frustrated Gu Hai had become. Besides, Gu Hai often acted like a big baby. Maybe it was best to agree with him. He nodded his head and then left the room.
Gu Hai was disappointed. He placed his palms face down on the counter and leaned into it with a sudden sadness. He was hoping for Bai LuoYin to say something like, "No, I think they are wonderful! If we had children of our own, they would be the best! The most loving!"