"Aunty Zhou's Advice."

When Gu Hai called Bai Han Qi, he was thrilled. He hadn't heard from his son-in-law for a while now and was going to stop by to check on them. Now that he and his wife got an invitation to dinner, he was happy. It had been weeks since he had seen his sons. Bai LuoYin called to check up on them from time to time, but actually seeing them in person was more calming.
  Bai Han Qi and his lovely wife showed up the next morning with gifts in their hands.
  "Thank you very much," Bai LuoYin said, taking a bag of sweets from Aunty Zhou.
  "She spent all day yesterday making them," informed Bai Han Qi.
  Breakfast was made by Gu Hai and was served with international coffee from France. One thing Gu Hai enjoyed was ordering coffee from around the world. He and Bai LuoYin would occasionally enjoy it on the weekends. Today, they brewed cappuccino and served it to their elders. Gu Hai made dim sum and savory pan-fried buns. 
  "This is so savory," Aunty Zhou said, licking her bottom lip, "you have to tell me how you get the buns to be so tasty."
  Gu Hai grinned. "It's nothing special. I only add a special soy sause to it, my own mix," he said, holding up the spoon as if he were an instructor at a school.
  Bai LuoYin laughed. "His sause comes from Japan."
  Gu Hai was shocked that his lover gave away his secret. His eyes went wide and he disappeared back into the kitchen.
  Bai Han Qi and Aunty Zhou laughed.
  When they were done eating breakfast, Bai Han Qi and Gu Hai walked around the house. Gu Hai showed off his handy man skills. The leaky faucet in the guest bathroom was fixed, the last step leading to the backyard was redone and there was a new water pipe installed in the backyard for when they were ready to plant a garden.
  "A garden is a great idea," Bai Han Qi said. "My parents were gardeners. If you would like, I can show you few things."
  Gu Hai bowed his head, saying, "Thank you!"
  Bai Han Qi remembered when Gu Hai had moved into their house long ago. Gu Hai had been very helpful back then. Helping him fix the roof, and anything else that needed to be done. He knew that it was because Gu Hai wanted everyone to like him, but it was more than that. Bai Han Qi saw the strong young man Gu Hai really was back then. He knew that Gu Hai would grow into an even stronger man, mentally and spiritually, when he got older. It wasn't only because Gu Hai had fallen in love with his son, it was also because Gu Hai was a determined young man. Anything that Gu Hai put his mind to, he made it happen. Gu Hai starting his own garden would come easy to him, especially because of his determination.
  Bai Han Qi also knew that Gu Hai would be a great father, as well as Bai LuoYin. But, Gu Hai would let the children get away with a lot of things. Bai LuoYin wouldn't. Their personalities were very different, yet similar in some ways.
  "We have decided to let Gu Wei Ting and my mother spend time with the babies every other weekend," Bai LuoYin said to Aunty Zhou. "We would like you two to spend the other weekends with the babies as well."
  Her eyes brightened with excitement. "Yes!" she said in a rush, as if she didn't need to think about it. She clapped her hands joyfully and smiled. She nodded her head and there was a gleam in her eyes. As much as she loved her own son, having a baby to hold and love was something she missed dearly. She was looking forward to spending time with the babies. She was thrilled even more because there would be two.
  When Gu Hai and Bai Han Qi rejoined them in the kitchen, Aunty Zhou told her husband the great news. Bai LuoYin smiled and looked over at Gu Hai, who smiled back at him.
  "Really?" Ban Han Qi said joyfully. "I miss having a baby around. This will be great!" he laughed and hugged his son tightly. He turned to Gu Hai and said, "You know, Bai LuoYin was such a good child. He loved playing with toy cars and action figures. He never gave me any problems has a baby either."
  "Really?" Gu Hai said. He turned to look at his wife again and there was mischief behind his eyes.
  That one look and Bai LuoYin read in between the lines. Gu Hai's eyes said, he is not, he is bad, he gives me problems, but I love when he plays with me like a toy.
  Bai LuoYin ignored the way that Gu Hai looked at him and changed the subject. "Gu Hai," he said. "What were you like as a baby?"
  Gu Hai laughed out loud for a few seconds and said, "I was terrible as a baby. My parents had a difficult time getting me to do certain things. I used to come home with a muddy face, torn clothes and bruises from trying to climb everywhere."
  Bai Han Qi laughed. "My childhood was very similar," he said.
  Bai LuoYin's eyes went wide. "Really?!" he said, in disbelief. Come to think of it, Bai LuoYin never asked his father about what his childhood was like. He suddenly regretted that he never asked. It would have been interesting to find out what his father liked to do as a young boy, what his hobbies were, what scared him, if he was closer to his mother more than his father.
  Bai Han Qi looked up at the ceiling, he sighed and said, "I was always running around the house making noise. I drove my mother wild. He laughed and shook his head slowly from side to side. The memories made him happy.
  "I was a good child. I used to help my mother cook and my father garden," Aunty Zhou said. "I loved my parents," she added and there was a sadness in her eyes.
  Bai Han Qi hugged her.
  "I'm sorry," Bai LuoYin said, "did your parents pass away?"
  Aunty Zhou nodded and her sadness grew.
  Again, Bai LuoYin felt bad about not knowing more about his family. One should always get to know their elders, their struggles, their goals, their dreams as well as their past. He swore to himself that he would try harder.
  Gu Hai hugged Aunty Zhou also. He knew what it felt like to miss someone you loved. The need to hear them laugh once more was strong at times. But, it was holding back the tears when something reminded you of them that was the most hardest. Understanding how she felt touched his heart. He never knew that her parents were gone either. Maybe, that was why she was so loving? Maybe, because she craved a mothers love again, she would be the best grandmother in the world? No, he thought to himself. Aunty Zhou was taught how to love by her parents. That was why she was so wonderful. The thought brought a smile to his face and he knew, Aunty Zhou's parents were very good people. He was blessed to have her in his life. He hoped that when the babies came, he would be a great father. Aunty Zhou would teach him a few things.
  "Cherish the memories you make with the babies while they're young," Bai Han Qi said.
  Aunty Zhou nodded. She agreed wholeheartedly.
  "The memories are important to have, especially because they grow up so fast," Bai Han Qi said.
  "One minute they're drinking from a bottle, the next, their taking their first steps," Aunty Zhou said. "Before you know it, they're asking to go play outside with their friends and poof, they fall in love with someone and are hardly ever home."
  Bai Han Qi laughed.
  "I don't want our babies to grow up too fast!" Gu Hai cried out. He looked nervous a bit and started fiddling with his cup handle. "I don't want them to grow up," he added.
  "Take lots of pictures and videos," Bai Han Qi suggested. "I wish I had done that when Bai LuoYin was growing up. Also, make sure and take lots of family portraits."
  "Make a photo album for each baby," said Aunty Zhou. "You can show it to the kids when they get older."
  "We will make sure and do that," Bai LuoYin said.
  Bai Han Qi and Aunty Zhou helped with cleaning up and then they all sat in the living room to wach a movie. Spending time together felt nice. Since Tong Tian was away at school, he missed out on family time. But, they thought of him always.
  "How are Ying Yue and Jiang Yifei?" Ban Han Qi asked.
  Gu Hai walked into the living room with snacks and placed it onto the coffee table. "They are doing well," he said. "The doctor says that the babies as well as the mothers are in great health."
  Aunty Zhou smiled. This pleased her. The first few months of a woman's pregnancy was difficult. The mother-to-be had to be very careful. Her pregnancy with Tong Tian was mild. At the time she was very stressed with family problems and her husband. She had to mentally prepare herself to stay calm for the sake of her child. Stress was a leading problem among women who were expecting a baby.
  "I haven't seen You Qi or Yang Meng in a while. How are they?" Bai Han Qi asked. He was beginning to worry about those two.
  Bai LuoYin frowned and said, "Come to think of it, I haven't seen them in a while also. I'll have to check up on them."
  "They're probably doing the na-" Gu Hai said. He almost let his dirty thoughts slip out and covered his mouth quickly.
  Bai LuoYin cringed and turned red. "They're probably doing the whole narrating thing," he said to cover up what Gu Hai had blurted out. He quickly gave his husband the look of death.
  Bai Han Qi and Aunty Zhou looked confused.
  "Err...they are lending their voices to a project. You Qi wants to see if Yang Meng can do a bit of voice acting. Narrating with their voice instead of acting onscreen," Bai LuoYin informed them.
  Gu Hai nodded frantically.
  "Is it an animation movie?" Aunty Zhou asked.
  Bai LuoYin nodded, but his father started to chuckle. Gu Hai looked over at his father-in-law curiously.
  "You two think that you're very clever," Bai Han Qi said, waving his pointing finger at them. "I'm not so easily fooled," he added and turned to Gu Hai, saying, "I know you too well Gu Hai."
  Gu Hai looked baffled.
  "When you used to live with us Gu Hai, I heard how naughty you were to my son," Bai Han Qi laughed. "Over the years, I've come to understand you more. You may think that I don't see you troubling him every chance you get. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with that. I just don't want you to think that I'm clueless. We are all adults here and it is healthy to do the things that you do."
  Gu Hai laughed nervously. Never did he think that his father-in-law knew how troublesome he was at times. He did his best to hide it out of respect. But, Gu Hai would never hide his passion or love for Bai LuoYin.
  Bai LuoYin excused himself to the kitchen and Aunty Zhou followed him.
  Bai Han Qi continued to talk. "You have to remember Gu Hai. Back then, the walls were too thin," he said, gesturing with his fingers. "I had a feeling you were naughty back then when I heard Bai LuoYin's muffled cries and pleading for you to stay on your side of the bed. But, I knew deep down, you were a good kid."
  Aunty Zhou playfully hit Bai LuoYin on the arm and asked, "What are they secretly talking about?" She felt as if she was missing out on a very funny joke.
  "It's nothing," Bai LuoYin said, "I think they're talking about how wicked Gu Hai can be."
  Aunty Zhou laughed and agreed, saying, "He is very wicked."
  Bai LuoYin tidied up the kitchen while he spoke. "I hope Tong Tian can make it next time. I know he is busy, but it would be nice to see him more."
  Aunty Zhou sighed and looked sad. "I would like to see him more also," she said. "Being a teenager was hard for me. I'm glad his life is much simpler than mine was. He has fallen in love with a classmate and they are both so adorable together."
  Bai LuoYin's eyebrows rose and he turned to stare at her in disbelief. "He has a girlfriend?!" he asked.
  She nodded and smiled, thrilled herself. Her eyes even lit up.
  "I can't believe he is growing up so fast. It seems like only yesterday that he was running around and playing," he said.
  "I think a child's teen years are the hardest. It is important to pay close attention to them in those years. They will need your guidance more than ever. The world changes right before their eyes and a lot of things will confuse them. They'll come to you for advice and understanding. It is critical that you and Gu Hai give your children your undivided attention," she said.
  Bai LuoYin continued to listen with open ears.
  "Teenagers take in a lot of information from their surroundings and friends. You'll eventually have to have the safe sex talk with your children," she said.
  "Did you have the talk with Tong Tian?" he asked.
  She shook her head and said, "Thankfully, your father did that."
  Bai LuoYin cringed and remembered the talk that his father had with him when he found out about that he liked a girl. He was thankful. His father had the most beautiful way with words. He was patient and caring. 
  "Thank you for that advice," he said and smiled at her.
  She nodded and looked back towards the living room. "Shall we go watch the movie now?"
  They rejoined Bai Han Qi and Gu Hai and watched the movie. When they had finished, Aunty Zhou said, "The children in that movie were very wicked!"
  "I think they were just looking for attention," Bai Han Qi said.
  "I would have given them a good spanking!" Gu Hai hollered.
  "They weren't that bad," Bai LuoYin protested. "If they had been our children, would you have spanked them?"
  Gu Hai thought for a moment. He nodded.
  Bai LuoYin gasped and said, "You spank our children and I'll beat you!"
   Bai Han Qi laughed and said, "I think spankings are needed at times, but first you two have to try talking to the kids. If that doesn't work, take away their toys and devices or put them in time-out."
  "What if that doesn't work?" Gu Hai asked.
  "Then, maybe a light slap on the butt," Bai Han Qi suggested.
  "Different parents do different things when it comes to disciplining their children," Aunty Zhou said. "You just have to try and find the one that works best. It may take some time, but eventually you'll be triumphant."
  "My father often spanked me," Gu Hai said, his voice low.
  They looked at him and understood why his thinking was the way it was.
  "Gu Hai," Bai LuoYin said softly, "I want us to be fair in our punishments. Especially when it comes to our children."
  Gu Hai nodded. He knew he would try to be better. He never wanted to make the same mistakes as his own father.
  "You never know," Bai Han Qi said, "your children might be well behaved and you'll never have to worry about that kind of thing."
  "I think so also," Aunty Zhou said. She smiled at them both and looked confident.
  "Well, we can't wait for the babies to come," Bai LuoYin said. "I know we will all try to be the best parents in the world.
  After Bai Han Qi and Aunty Zhou left, Gu Hai turned to his wife and asked,"Do you think that our children will be just like us?"
  Bai LuoYin frowned, "What do you mean?" he asked, curiously.
  "Do you think that they'll be gay?"
  "I don't care. As long they are healthy."
  "But what if they are?" Gu Hai said. "You know how hard it was for us."
  Bai LuoYin understood. He wrapped his arm around Gu Hai's waist and pulled him close to say, "I don't care if they are gay, straight, blue, green or even have an extra toe. I will love them no matter what. We will love them no matter what."
  "Green?!" Gu Hai shouted and laughed.
  "I'm glad that our parents are supportive now. We will have the best family to help raise our children," Bai LuoYin said. "They will teach us what they know and we will learn as we grow as a family."
  "I can't wait!" Gu Hai shouted again. "Now, lets go upstairs and start on our third child." He pumped his fist into the air.
  Bai LuoYin lightly slapped him on the butt and said, "Not by a miracle!"