"Great To See You Friend!"

Yan Ya Jing ran the company as best as she could for the week Gu Hai had been gone. For the last couple of days, she tried her best not to call Gu Hai for anything, troubling him on his anniversary was not an option. Thursday, had been hell though. Delivery trucks were showing up late, slowing down production significantly. Friday, at least half of the women in the sales department had called out because of a sudden stomach bug. She had to outsource replacements swiftly so that work did not pile up. Yan Ya Jing dropped down onto the elegant cream colored couch in her office. This morning when she left her home, her hair was in a neat ponytail. Now, barely the afternoon, strands of her hair somehow managed to have come loose and was covering part of her face. She puckered her lips and blew them away from her eyes and groaned, tired, hungry, and irritated that she had to come into the office on a Saturday. She wanted to make sure that everything was prepared for the beginning of a new week. If anything, Gu Hai was a man who liked things in order.
After she finished her checklist of things on each floor of the building that had to be done, she made her way back down to the lobby. It was time to leave. She decided that she would pick up some groceries to cook at home.
Driving along her usual route though, she spotted a new supermarket that just opened up and stopped to check it out. She had heard from the workers that this place had the freshest ingredients for cooking. This place had quite a good reputation already.
She pushed her cart through a few of the isles, picking up things here and there. Pulling up to where the apples were, she noticed only one bag left and went to grab it. Someone else tried to take the bag at the same time and she looked over to see who it was.
The other person squinted their eyes and frowned, as if to challenge her for the last bag.
Yan Ya Jing was taken aback. She showed her disgust through facial expression and pulled on the bag. The other person pulled harder.
"I was here first," Yan Ya Jing said, somewhat politely. She was not the type of person to do such things as make a ruckus over trivial matters.
But this other person didn't have the same reservations as she did, "I saw it first, so this bag is mine!"
Yan Ya Jing was puzzled for a second, this person sounded like a man, but his features were pretty, closer to a women's. She looked him up and down, he looked familiar. And sure enough, he was dressed in men's clothing.
"Let it go," he yelled, tugging on the bag, "I need this for something important!"
Yan Ya Jing noticed his rising, high pitched, whining tone. Surely she didn't want to create a scene over apple's, so she let go of the bag.
He gave her a satisfying grin as if he had just won a major battle and placed the bag into his cart.
He were about to walk away when she asked, "Don't I know you?"
He turned towards her again looking confused, "Me?" He said, pointing to himself and pouting his lips a bit.
She nodded, "I feel like I've seen you somewhere before."
Before he could answer, a commotion broke out near the cucumber bin a distance from where they stood and their heads turned in it's direction.
Two very familiar faces stood opposite each other. One looked amused, while the other looked very irritated.
"Gu Hai," said, Yan Ya Jing, the same time the pretty man said, "Bai LuoYin."
Was it true? Was the world truly such a small place? What were the odds that she would run into them? Yan Ya Jing eyed the overly pretty man suspiciously and asked, "You know them?"
"Of course I do, I'm Yin Zi's best friend, Yang Meng," he said proudly, leaning on the arms of his pushing cart.
Yan Ya Jing's eyes lit up, finally realizing where she knew him. She nodded and wanted to laugh at herself for not remembering him sooner. She remembered how she had mistaken him for a woman at Gu Hai's wedding ceremony. It just had been such a long time and the only time she had spent with Yang Meng was for the wedding. Usually, she was very good at remembering people. She silently scolded herself for forgetting him.
"Gu Hai, stop it!" Bai LuoYin yelled from across the room.
Yan Ya Jing and Yang Meng turned their attention back towards them. Gu Hai was holding a cucumber firmly in his hand and was playfully poking poor Bai LuoYin in the butt with it. The entire thing looked dreadfully embarrassing. But they both knew Gu Hai, he really didn't care. His affection for the other man, no one could stop. God could have manifested in the middle of them to interject and save Bai LuoYin. But that wouldn't have helped. Gu Hai would have kindly put his hands on god's shoulders, moved god aside and say, "Sorry, but this has nothing to do with you."
Gu Hai laughed whole-heartedly, enjoying himself, "Let's see if it will fit in your mouth, come here!"
Bai LuoYin looked horrified and threw a punch at Gu Hai, who dodged it and caught his arm.
Yin Ya Jing smiled. She adored the way Gu Hai was himself when he was around his Bai LuoYin. It was magical. The way their energies mixed with one anothers, you would swear actual magic escaped their bodies and floated into the air around them.
A little girl walked up to Gu Hai suddenly and he stopped fooling around immediately. Yang Meng watched as Gu Hai hid the cucumber behind his back and stood up straighter. The little girl looked about two years old. She was so precious, with her pigtails and her red dress with matching shoes.
They watched as Gu Hai bent his knee to meet her at eye level. Bai LuoYin did the same and they spoke to her for a moment. She looked as if she were lost and crying. Bai LuoYin stood up and looked around. He spotted them, surprised, and waved.
"Wouldn't they be great parents," Yang Meng said, mostly to himself.
"Yes," Yan Ya Jing agreed, unaware that she had answered him. The haze of Gu Hai and Bai LuoYin was truly something. It made one yearn for a love life like theirs.
A woman ran up to them, collected her child, thanked them, and was off again to continue shopping.
Bai LuoYin made Gu Hai aware of their presence by pointing a finger towards them and everyone waved at each other.
"Fancy meeting you two here!" Gu Hai said, trotting up to them, his cart overflowing with things.
Bai LuoYin looked a bit nervous as he approached.
"Gu Hai, why do you continue to treat him that way!" Yang Meng blurted out.
Bai LuoYin cringed a bit. He was hoping that they hadn't seen.
"What?" Gu Hai said, as if he had no idea what they were taking about.
Yan Ya Jing and Yang Meng stood there shaking their heads at him in disappointment.
"One day you will get a good revenge!" Yang Meng promised his friend.
Yan Ya Jing laughed. Observing Gu Hai and Bai LuoYin this past year, it was highly likely that that would ever happen. Gu Hai was a very good player when it came to this game of love. Even if Bai LuoYin waited an entire year, he wouldn't win. Get even maybe, but not win.
"It's so good to see friends," Gu Hai said, "how about coming over for dinner tonight?"
Yan Ya Jing and Yang Meng looked at each other and nodded quickly. Not only did Bai LuoYin know that his husband could cook like a master chef, so did everyone else who knew him.