"How Can I Be Okay?"

For a few days now, Yan Ya Jing had been feeling sick. Mostly in the mornings, when she and Gao had breakfast was when she felt the worst. She scheduled a doctors appointment, had bloodwork done, and in ten days, it was confirmed. She was pregnant!
  She sat listening to the doctor ramble on about vitamins and so on, then drifted into her own thoughts. Was she ready? Was her husband ready? She stared blankly into space for a while until the doctor snapped his finger in front of her face to bring her attention back to him.
  "Are you okay?" he asked, concern on his face.
  She nodded and smiled at him, even though she was worried deep down inside.
  His eyebrows wrinkled up as he said, "I'm guessing you and your husband weren't planning to have children yet."
  She didn't know what to say. The only thing running through her mind was that she was pregnant and was she really ready for this. She blinked at him and said nothing. She just took in the smell of rubber gloves and antiseptic and let it drown her senses.
  He gave her an understanding look and suggested that she speak to her husband immediately. Together, they could talk about the future and prepare for the baby.
  Yan Ya Jing waited for Gao to come home and after he ate and was relaxing on the couch, she told him what the doctor had said.
  Gao leapt up from the couch and wrapped his arms around her, squeezing her upper body a little too tightly that she gasped. He shouted and kissed her cheek at least five times, happily and in great spirits. 
  "You're not angry?" she asked when he dropped down onto the couch with her to cuddle and enjoy the moment.
  "No! Why would I be?!" he said and kissed her cheek once more. "This is the best news in the world! I'm going to be a father!"
  For some reason, she wasn't so happy. She had a business to run. How could she leave Gu Hai to do all that work? She felt bad. Running a busniess like theirs wasn't easy. It took dedication and sometimes late nights. Was she going to be too tired to help out? This worried her. She would have to talk to Gu Hai about it.
  The next morning, she met Gu Hai in his office. He grinned up at her and when he saw the look upon her face, her became serious. "What's wrong?" he frowned.
  She sat down across from him as usual and took out her notepad. She took a deep breath and said, "I have something to tell you, but I don't know how you'll react. I know we are very busy with so much things right now and it is important for us to stay at our best."
  Gu Hai put his pen down and leaned back in his chair with a worried look. His friend looked very troubled and it bothered him. Was she going to quit because of the prank he had played? No. She wouldn't do that, would she?
  She took another breath and composed herself. "I'm pregnant," she said, sounding out the last word in syllables.
  Gu Hai's eyes went wide and he jumped up from his chair! He was pulling her to her feet and hugging her in the matter of seconds! He smiled from cheek to cheek and his eyes glistened as if he had tears in them.
  She was stunned by his reaction and her body stiffened. Her hands stayed to her side and she was a bit confused. "You're not upset?" she asked. "I thought that you would be upset!"
  Gu Hai shook his head and looked at her as if she were silly. "Why on earth would I be upset?! This is amazing news!" He sat on the edge of his desk and looked at her as she sat back down.
  "I know we have so many important clients right now and I know that they need special attention from us. I was worried that you would be upset. This would affect our business relationship, wouldn't it?" she said, looking unsure.
  Gu Hai gently took her hands in his own and said with all the love in his voice, "My dear friend, our business will be here no matter what. We are billionaires because of it. This doesn't mean that our lives have to stop. You are a wife now. You deserve to be happy, always. I am so happy for you. I don't have siblings, but you are my sister, and I love you with all my heart. When you found out that you are pregnant, that should have been all that you have to worried about."
  Yan Ya Jing cried. She cried because all her life she had taken care of others. On this day, at this time, Gu Hai cared for her as a sister. He only wanted her happiness. She had cared so much about Gao and Gu Hai's feelings and the two most important men in her life only wanted her happiness. She had let how they would feel about her being pregnant overshadow the fact that she was pregnant, something that should have been the happiest day of her life. It only took Gao and Gu Hai's reaction to make her realize that she hadn't let the news sink in and that she should just be happy for herself. She was going to be mother. She was going to experience a child growing inside of her.
  Gu Hai pulled her on her feet again and wrapped his arms around her. He let her cry on his chest. He let her finally enjoy the news that she was going to be a mother. He laughed.
  "Don't laugh at me," she pouted and sniffled and lightly hit his chest.
  Gu Hai wasn't laughing at her though. In his mind, he was already marrying his son to her daughter. Visions of the most expensive wedding in the history of human civilization was born in his head. Then he thought of Bai LuoYin's baby. "Two extravagant weddings," he whispered and silently wished her to have twins.
  "Huh?" Yan Ya Jing asked, pulling away from him. She saw the lost look of a magical dream in his eyes and wondered what the hell he was thinking.
  "Nothing," he said a little too quickly.
  She eyed him suspiciously because he had a guilty look upon his face.