"A Mini Vacation At The Bar."

Yang Meng had mentioned to You Qi that his birthday was coming up. This made You Qi eager. He wanted to plan something fun! He organized his team of professionals to come up with an idea to celebrate. After about five minutes, an idea was birthed. You Qi had mentioned that two of their friends were gay. The idea was that they all fly out to New York City. The clubs and nightlife there was in one word, epic.
You Qi's first phone call was to Gu Hai, since this fellow would be the hardest to invite. The phone rang once before it was answered.
"Yes?" Gu Hai said, obviously knowing who it was.
"Gu Hai! My friend! My buddy!" You Qi said, putting as much jolly into his voice as he could. "I wanted to invite you and Bai LuoYin to Yang Meng's birthday surprise this weekend! It will be my treat, I will even pay for the hotel."
Gu Hai put the pen he had been holding down on his desk and said suspiciously. "Yang Meng's birthday surprise?"
"Yes," You Qi said, "I'm sure that if you two came, Yang Meng would be grateful."
Gu Hai thought about it for a few seconds. Getting away for the weekend wasn't such a bad idea. Even though they were house hunting, it would be nice to do something fun. Maybe it would take his mind off of the whole money issue with Gu Yang. "Where are we going?" He asked, halfway deciding that he would go.
"New York City." You Qi answered.
"That's pretty far! Why there?" Gu Hai asked.
"It has all the best clubs and bars. I think some dancing would be good for us."
"And you're paying for everything?"
"I'll pay for everything. I'll even fly us out there on a private jet."
Gu Hai's eyebrows raised a bit. This guy must really want their company, he was willing to spend a lot of money. He liked Yang Meng, even though this guy could be dramatic at times. You Qi wasn't so bad either. Though he would never in his life admit it to their faces. He wondered what had happened between these two in the last year. He was sure that they would end up together. Maybe he would get to ask him about it on this trip. "Fine, I'll talk to Yin Zi about it and let you know." He hung up and then quickly dialed his wife.
"Gu Hai, I'm busy with an exercise." Bai LuoYin answered.
"I'll be only a moment," he said, "You Qi invited us to celebrate Yang Meng's birthday this weekend. I think that we should go."
Bai LuoYin was silent for a second, then asked, "What did he have in mind?"
"He wants to fly us out to New York for the weekend, he'll even pay for everything."
"New York! That's so far!" Bai LuoYin said, unsure.
"I think we should go. It's only for the weekend."
"Ok, let's go." Bai LuoYin agreed.
Gu Hai hung up and called You Qi back to confirm.
"Now, the hard part is getting Yang Meng to take the day off to go." You Qi said.
"Leave that to me." Gu Hai said. He had an idea, hopefully it would work. He hung up the line again and rang Yang Meng's cellphone. After three rings, he picked up.
"Hello?" Yang Meng said, a bit of fear in his voice.
"I need a favor." He said in a rush of words.
"What kind of favor?!" Yang Meng asked, nervously.
"Bai LuoYin needs your help this weekend. It is very important that you ask no questions. Just know that we are going to New York. There is an airforce convention that he is speaking at. I would like you to acompany him. He needs your support, his friend's support." Gu Hai quickly blurted out.
"Oh! He needs me for support?!" Yang Meng shouted into his end. His excitement building up with each word.
"Yes, Yang Meng! He needs you! You're the only one who wears a uniform and commands authority! You need to be by his side to build confidence!"
"Confidence?!" Yang Meng mimicked.
Gu Hai pressed the mute button on his phone and burst out laughing. He was enjoying himself. He composed himself and unmuted the phone again. "We are paying for everything, so don't worry about money."
"Really?!" Yang Meng said, astonished.
"Yes, really. Just pack a bag with things for the weekend. We will pick you up to go to the airport. Just remember, don't ask too many questions! I don't want Bai LuoYin to become nervous! You are his best friend! He needs you!" Gu Hai said, then hung up swiftly. He sat at his desk laughing hysterically for a while. He was indeed the master of deceit!
You Qi got a text message from Gu Hai confirming that Yang Meng was going. It would turn out to be a surprise birthday instead. This made You Qi happy. He was really looking forward to this weekend now. He made calls to the best five star hotel in New York, as well as hired two private chefs. He hired two limos to pick up his friends friday night, and called in a favor for a private jet. After he made sure everything was set, he headed off to work. Tonight, he would be shooting a scene in one of Beijing's busiest districts.