"Shi Hui."

Shi Hui sat in the lounging chair by the pool. She looked around and sighed. Where were they, she thought to herself. It had been so long since she’d seen Bai LuoYin. She leaned back into the chair and pulled out her phone. She searched for Bai LuoYin’s new number, thought about calling, changed her mind, and put her phone down in her lap. If she had called him, would he answer? What would happen if Gu Hai answered? She shivered at the thought of Gu Hai. Back then, when she had visited Bai LuoYin at school, her first encounter with Gu Hai had been an icy one. He was so cold towards her and she had to admit, he scared her. She thought of her husband and looked up at the glass ceiling above her. The sun shone through and it warmed her face. She sighed once more and touched her stomach. The baby growing inside of her was her husband’s, but she secretly wished that it was Bai LuoYin’s. He was much more handsome and caring than her husband was. 
  Her life was good, but she always wondered what it would have been like if she and Bai LuoYin had stayed together. When he was at the swimming pool with the other two women, he was very loving towards them. It made her feel a little jealous. Especially since she was used to his kindness and true nature. Her husband wasn’t anything like him. He would go to work, come home, eat, and then go straight to bed. She yearned for attention and affection. Ever since finding out that she was pregnant, her husband refused to even touch her. An embrace or even a kiss was something she pined for and it had been the same way when they had their first baby.
  “Oh, Bai LuoYin,” she whispered under her breath.
  When Bai LuoYin had told her about Gu Hai and himself being married and living together, she had done her best not to show how surprised she was. She had almost fainted when he had pointed to the two women and said that they were carrying his and Gu Hai’s babies. She had felt heavy with jealousy then. It had crushed her chest as if she had been punched. All she could think about afterwards was, why couldn’t he have chosen her?

  Things were getting better between Jiang Yifei and Ying Yue. After talking some more about her horrible experience with Xiaoping, Ying Yue was herself again. The bond between her and Jiang Yifei strengthened and they went back to watching movies in the living room and doing their usual things together. 
  Jiang Yifei noticed that Wang Wei was back to working as their bodyguards, but he still kept it professional between them. They had very little to say to one another and as they sat in the kitchen, Ying Yue noticed their distance. 
  “Is he still silent?” she asked.
  Jiang Yifei took a bite of her hard boiled egg, eyed her friend, and nodded. She turned her attention back to the magazine in front of her.
  “Give him some more time,” Ying Yue said. “When he’s ready, he will talk to you.”
  “We should go get some exercise,” Jiang Yifei said, purposely changing the subject.
  Ying Yue noticed her friend’s uncomfortableness and nodded.
  They were transported to the swimming pool and already in the water when Shi Hui made her way over to them. She sat down at the edge of the pool and waved.
  “Is Bai LuoYin coming today?” she asked. 
  Ying Yue gave her an unsure smile and shrugged her shoulders. She remembered their first meeting and said, “Shi Hui, right?”
  Shi Hui nodded.
  “Maybe,” said Jiang Yifei.
  Shi Hui started to make small conversation with them about the babies and other things. Every once in a while, her eyes drifted to the entrance, hoping that Bai LuoYin would walk through the door.
  An hour passed and Shi Hui was still talking with the ladies.
  “Do you still have feelings for Bai LuoYin?” Jiang Yifei blurted out.
  Ying Yue’s eyes went wide and she looked at her friend in total shock. How could she ask such a question? Shi Hui was married.
  Shi Hui didn’t look as if the question bothered her. She shook her head and said, “I have moved on. I am truly happy for Bai LuoYin. I see that he is happy with his life.”
  Jiang Yifei squinted her eyes and looked at Shi Hui. Ying Yue felt the suspicion rise in her friend and quickly changed the subject. “How far along are you? When are you due?”
  Another hour passed as they chatted some more. Then, Shi Hui excused herself so that she could get something to eat.
  “I don’t trust her for some reason,” said Jiang Yifei.
  “How come?” asked Ying Yue.
  “I don’t know, but there is something deep inside of me that says, don’t trust this woman.”
  Ying Yue gave her wide eyes. “Do you think that she still loves Bai LuoYin?”
  Jiang Yifei nodded. She popped a piece of candy into her mouth and looked across the pool area at Shi Hui. “If she does anything to try and break up our boys, I will make her pay.” 
  Ying Yue’s mouth hung loose. “Don’t talk like that!”
  “I mean it! If she tries anything fishy, I will give her a good thrashing!”
  Ying Yue couldn’t help but laugh at the visual in her head. Two pregnant women fighting? She laughed out loud and couldn’t hold it in.
  Jiang Yifei chuckled at first, then seeing how amused her friend was, and how her laughter was infused with delight, she broke out laughing also. “I would drag her ass all around this pool,” she added and they laughed harder.
  “I bet you would,” Ying Yue laughed. She tried to hide her laughter as some of the people that were nearby gave them questionable looks. 
  “I would pull out all of her hair and leave her bald!” Jiang Yifei went on.
  “Who are you leaving bald?” asked Gu Hai. He had walked up on them without them even realizing. 
  Jiang Yifei and Ying Yue screamed out loud as if they both had been scared. Their screams echoed throughout the building and it made Gu Hai jump and scream out loud also.