"So Blessed."

When Gu Hai and Bai LuoYin checked in, Bai LuoYin was reminded about the after party. It was on another level of the building, after the movie was over. They didn't have to leave their cell phones in the lobby because they were with You Qi and he trusted them. But Yang Meng was curious and asked, "Why would we need to give up our phones?"
"The director doesn't want any part of the movie getting out on the internet," You Qi said. "Some people record the movie and do illegal things like sell it on the web, it's called pirating."
Bai LuoYin leaned in close to Yang Meng and whispered, "Do you remember when we watched that illegal copy of, Dojo Master, on DVD?"
Yang Meng's eyes lit up and he nodded.
"Well, that was illegal, we were basically stealing money from the pockets of the director, actors, and everyone who worked very hard to make that movie," said Bai LuoYin.
Gu Hai leaned in and added, "You criminal, I'm reporting you!"
Yang Meng looked horrified. "No," he yelped, "I'm sorry!"
"There is a dark and wet jail cell waiting for you," Gu Hai promised, his face twisted in disgust.
Yang Meng quickly looked over at You Qi with remorse and said, "I'm so sorry! We were so young and I didn't know better! I swear, I will never do that again!"
Bai LuoYin wacked Gu Hai on the chest with the back of his hand. "Stop that Gu Hai," he hissed. "I don't want him to have a heart attack right in the lobby!"
Gu Hai let out an evil laugh and walked a few feet away looking proud of himself. He loved troubling the one who looked like a petite little girl. He was always so gullible!
You Qi glared at Gu Hai briefly and cupped Yang Meng's face in his hands. "Don't worry about him. That was the past. From now on, you support the actors and movies you like. You won't go to jail," he said, casting a stern glance at Gu Hai once more.
Yang Meng nodded. He looked like a blowfish, with his cheeks hanging out of You Qi's hands, and it made Bai LuoYin laugh.
They made their way into the large theater and found that they were all seated in the front with the director and other lead actors from the movie.
Bai LuoYin was amazed at how many people were in the audience. Dressed up so fancy, just to watch a movie, he thought to himself. He and Gu Hai usually watched movies in their pajamas, sometimes even naked, with just a sheet covering them.
They took their seats, and the movie started.
For an hour and a half, they watched as You Qi performed some of his best work on screen. His acting was extraordinary, his fighting skills were on par with some of the best, and the storyline was great. When the movie ended, the audience all stood up and applauded. The cast, along with director and producers, took the stage and thanked everyone. After, it felt like they took forever to get out of the theater room, especially since most of the people were walking really slowly!

The after party was hosted in the largest loft Gu Hai had ever laid eyes on. Long, white, brick walls stretched around the room with the paint chipped away in small parts. Bright, LED lights, in round crystal balls, hung over their heads, and a buffet table with hundreds of different kinds of food sat on the far left of the room. There was a dance floor that took up quite a bit of room to one side, already packed with a crowd of people dancing. A DJ in a booth by himself, and other people chatting away with drinks in their hands when they arrived.
"Wow," Yang Meng said.
"I feel like I'm back in New York City," Bai LuoYin said, admiring the colorful lights that danced all over the walls.
Gu Hai brushed the front of himself up against Bai LuoYin backside and shook his head, "Not quite." He shoved his hands into his pockets and winked. "This crowd couldn't handle you on a stage."
Bai LuoYin felt himself blush.
"Are you going to dance?" asked Yang Meng with a sparkle in his eye. He had enjoyed watching Bai LuoYin that time in the club, even though he was cheering for You Qi. If his friend danced tonight, he would also. Bai LuoYin knew how to have fun!
Bai LuoYin shook his head and said, "I don't know. I'm nervous. There are so many super stars in here."
"Let's go have a drink," Yang Meng said and took him by the forarm.
Gu Hai and You Qi watched as Bai LuoYin was dragged towards the bar.
"Are you getting a drink also?" You Qi asked.
Gu Hai shook his head. "Maybe later," he said.
You Qi noticed his co-star waving at him from across the room and he went to greet her and her guests.
"Nice suit," came an unfamiliar voice.
Gu Hai turned to his right and noticed a man about his size and height approach him with a glass of champagne in his hand. He slightly bowed and smiled. "Thank you," he said. Gu Hai assumed this man was a producer or maybe another director.
"It must be custom made," said the man. He slightly bowed his head and raised his glass at Gu Hai.
"It is," Gu Hai answered.
"Do you know the lead actor?" asked the man. He took a sip of his drink, but his eyes never left Gu Hai's face.
Gu Hai nodded. "I do. We went to school together," he said.
They both looked over at You Qi, who was chatting with two individuals.
"I wish I could act," said the man, who sighed heavily and took another sip of his drink.
Gu Hai nodded. He knew that if he put his mind to it, he could become a great actor, but that wasn't something he was interested in. "Do you work in the film industry?" he asked.
Before the man could answer, a couple of people walked up to him and dragged him off, laughing at something, and clearly intoxicated already.
Gu Hai took a deep breath and went to find his lover. Maybe he would have that drink now. He found Bai LuoYin and Yang Meng taking their second shot of something blue. They all took a shot together. When You Qi found them, they took another one.
"We're going to need something in our bellies to soak up all this liquor," You Qi said. He led them all to the buffet table and they all helped themselves to the food.