"Next To You"

You Qi frowned in confusion when Old Father Yang told him that his son wasn't home. Where had he gone, he wondered. Was he avoiding him again? He bowed slightly and left. Yes, he was determined to fix things between Yang Meng and himself. When you love someone, you always fought to keep them in your life. It didn't matter how hard things got between you both, a love like theirs was worth fighting to keep. Whatever was going on between them was a small problem in his eyes, something that he knew in his heart could be repaired.
  His cell rang. He fished it out of his pocket, looked at who was calling, and ignored his agent. He was well established in life now and didn't have any movies or TV shows to commit to at the moment. He was more than capable of taking some time off of work to tend to his personal life.
He recalled all of the questions his siblings had asked when Yang Meng had left abruptly. He couldn't answer any of them and he wondered if his siblings even liked Yang Meng. None of them had commented on what they had thought of Yang Meng after their first meeting and it worried him. Did they like him at all?
After giving it a couple minutes of thought, he shrugged. Did he care if they liked him?

  Gu Hai suggested that Yan Ya Jing finish the meeting with their clients. After, he sat back in his chair and listened as Yang Meng went into great detail about why he had really paid him a visit in the middle of a busy work day. After some time, he inhaled, exhaled, clasped his hands together, and said, "It seems to me that you're scared. I think you need to allow what is happening in your life to play out. You're overthinking things before they even happen." His voice was as calm as he could keep it. He really didn't want to be bothered with Yang Meng's personal problems, but Yan Ya Jing had noted that Bai LuoYin had asked him to do it. He quickly thought about his lover's swollen rump and he smiled internally.
  Yang Meng made a face. He thought for a while. Deep down inside, he was terrified, but he did his best to hide it. He didn't want Gu Hai to see it, there was a chance that this man would use his emotions against him someday and laugh at him like he always did. He watched as Gu Hai got a bit more comfortable in his chair, his eyes looking as if he was studying him, and asked, "Do you love him?"
  His jaw dropped. The question was so blunt. Especially coming from Gu Hai. He looked around the room as he fought to keep from blushing. He met Gu Hai's eyes and nodded confidently. Their conversation was becoming very deep and personal. Was this kind of friendship with Gu Hai going to make him feel like this every time they spoke? Was it possible that their 'almost' friendship would change after this kind of conversation? He noted how very different it was to talk to Bai LuoYin than it was to talk with Gu Hai. The man in front of him oozed intimidation.
  "Then you should be able to get through this. Love is not easy. Trust me. It takes work, lots of work." Gu Hai said, his expression serious.
  "I do trust you, kind of," Yang Meng said, telling the truth.
  "Then let your love guide you. Trust your feelings when it comes to You Qi," Gu Hai said. Hearing that Yang Meng trusted him made him feel good. He wanted everyone in Bai LuoYin's life to always be one their toes. He was a very unpredictable man and he liked being this way. It was better to keep people guessing, he thought to himself. But it was still good to hear that Yang Meng trusted him.
  "I just met his siblings," Yang Meng said, bringing him back out of his thoughts.
  Gu Hai's eyebrows rose and fell. "What are they like? Did you all get along? I never met his siblings before, even when we went to school together. They are all much older than him."
  Yang Meng made a sour face. "I don't really know how it went to tell you the truth. It felt as if they doubted that we would make it as a couple." He watched as Gu Hai thought for a moment.

  Jiang Yifei was thrilled when Wang Wei smiled at her from the front doorway. She was sitting in the kitchen eating something when she had spotted him. Their eyes met briefly and he had smiled and acknowledged her. She fought to keep her emotions from erupting across her face. She took a breath and slowly exhaled. She glanced at Ying Yue, who was watching her with a pleasant smile on her face. "Did you do this?" she asked, her voice low. She watched as her friend nodded and her insides tickled as if she were a teenager again. She had longed for Wang Wei to forgive himself and talk to her. She slightly bowed her head and thanked her friend.
  "Make sure and talk to him," Ying Yue stated with a firm tone.
  Jiang Yifei nodded and half smiled. She felt nice when Ying Yue treated her as if she were her real older sister. They might not have been blood related, but their bond was strong. "I will," she said, "and thank you for doing this for me."
  Ying Yue placed a hand on her shoulder and smiled. "Don't mention it," she said and went back to eating.