"The Devil Within."

Yang Meng sat in the passenger seat as Bai LuoYin drove to the furniture store. Their conversation was about the new addition to the family.
"Yin Zi, do you think you're ready for this? A baby is so much work! Patience, sleepiness nights, bottles, diapers..." Yang Meng said, trailing off at the end because he didn't want to sound discouraging.
Bai LuoYin smiled, he nodded and kept his eyes on the road. "I think that Gu Hai and I are ready for this. We're almost 29 years old now. I think that it's time we grew our small family a bit."
Yang Meng bit his bottom lip. Just the thought of a baby made him nervous.
"How are things with you and You Qi?" Bai LuoYin asked. He turned a corner and entered a parking lot.
After they had gotten out of the car, Yang Meng ran up beside Bai LuoYin saying, "Things are going well, I think. He still calls me every day."
Bai LuoYin's eyebrows raised. "So, you two haven't gone out in a while?"
Yang Meng shook his head. "I think You Qi is busy with his scenes. The last time we spoke, he said that the director wanted him to reshoot some scenes."
They entered the furniture store and was greeted by a sales representative, who asked them if they needed help.
"We're just looking around." Bai LuoYin said.
The store was the size of a warehouse. It would take them a while to fully look at all the merchandise. Yang Meng suggested they start with the baby section.
As they moved about, eyeing the cutest cribs, strollers, and changing stations, their excitement grew. Yang Meng's excitation showed as he gushed over a crib that converted into a twin sized bed.
"I do like that." Bai LuoYin said, running a hand over the crafty woodwork. He snapped a picture and sent it to his husband.

Gu Hai was busy at the office. Yan Ya Jing sat across from him. Her eyes glowing from the good news.
"A baby?!" She clasped her hands together and tucked it under her chin. You would have sworn she had little hearts embedded in her pupils.
Gu Hai smiled. He was happy that her joy poured out into the room. His phone went off and he quickly picked it up and read the message.
Bai LuoYin had wanted to price a few items for their new house. Their first, official, home owners, furniture had to be spectacular.
Gu Hai showed the picture to Yan Ya Jing. "What do you think of this? It can last a long time, well until the baby grows into his teenage years."
Yang Ya Jing leaned in close to get a better look. She nodded her approval and then gave Gu Hai a suspicious gaze. "You said, his." She giggled. "I'm guessing you want a boy first."
Gu Hai blushed. Secretly, he did want a boy. Someone to play sports with. Someone to take fishing. A boy who would want to follow his footsteps everywhere. But if he had a girl, he would love her just the same.
"Do you like the color?" Gu Hai asked, purposely changing the subject.
Yang Ya Jing laughed. She covered her mouth with her delicate hand and laughed for a good while.
She enjoyed her partner's conversations. He was intelligent, witty, and unknowingly funny at times. She was truly happy for him. She knew that he would be a great father.

Two hours had passed and Bai LuoYin had chosen the perfect crib, stroller, and other essentials in preparation of their new baby.
He had chosen the accessories for the crib. A stuffed toy that resembled Gu Hai's donkey, green sheets and a blanket, and even brushes to comb the little one's hair.
Everything was to be delivered when they moved into their new house.
"Yin Zi, can I come visit you and the baby when he or she arrives?" Yang Meng asked. His eyebrows ruffling as he got into the passenger side of the car.
Bai LuoYin gave him a puzzled look. "Why would you ask? You can always come over!"
After fastening his seat belt, Yang Meng said, "The only reason I ask is because of Gu Hai."
Bai LuoYin frowned at him. "What?" He asked, also pushing down on his seat belt. It clicked and he started the car.
"Well, as I see it, Gu Hai is very overprotective of you. I barely can survive when he is around. I can't playfully touch you without him wanting to chop my hands off. When the new baby comes, imagine how he will be!"
Bai LuoYin laughed. He knew that his friend was right. Gu Hai was a bit much when it came to him. Actually, thinking about what his friend had just said made him realize that he could have a point. Would Gu Hai be the same way when the baby arrived?
"I'll have a heart to heart talk with Gu Hai, I'll make sure he understands that he has to share the baby with you. Besides, I've known you for too long. You're practically family now."
"Thanks!" Yang Meng grinned.