"I Want To Know!"

When Ying Yue was released from the hospital and was home safe, Jiang Yifei threw her arms around her friend and held her tightly for a while. They both cried, sat and talked about the whole ordeal, and ate food that Gu Hai specially prepared for them. 
  Bai LuoYin embraced Ying Yue and he couldn’t help the tears that fell from his eyes. He had been so worried that he hadn’t eaten anything since her disappearance. Now, they all sat around their hotel room eating, drinking, and thankful that they were all together again.
  Yang Meng and You Qi also were happy to see that she was okay. They bought sweets and two huge teddy bears for both Jiang Yifei and Ying Yue to hold tight when they went to sleep that night.  
  Gu Hai thanked the Thai Police Department for their help in getting Ying Yue back and he even donated a huge sum of one million baht to the Armed Forces Academies Preparatory School. He thanked every officer personally, shook their hands, and was very pleased with the way they handled themselves throughout the investigation. 
  Bai LuoYin was also impressed. With his high stature, all the police officers were beaming with pride when he also personally shook their hands and thanked them. 
  Gu Hai’s lawyer made sure that Xiaoping was held accountable for every single bad thing that he had done. He would not get out of prison for a very long time. Blind and disabled, he was going to have a hard time surviving, especially in prison. Gu Hai arranged to meet him. He had a few things that he wanted to say.

  Xiaoping sat on a chair made out of metal. It was cold and he could feel it through his grey jumper. He shivered slightly and listened to the sounds around him. All he saw was black. It was as if he was trapped in a very dark room, hoping for someone to finally turn on a light so that he could see again. His mind kept replaying an image of Ying Yue. Over and over again, her face appeared and his chest rose and fell as his anger intensified. He heard a metal door open, slam shut, and two pairs of footsteps walking towards where he sat.
  “No touching,” said a man with a deep voice. 
  “I cannot promise that,” Gu Hai said flatly.
  Xiaoping frowned. What did he mean by no touching? Why would they need to touch him? Then, something deep inside of him told him that one of the other men in the room was Gu Hai. He sat up straighter in his chair, making the chain that was attached to his ankle rattle and make a clink sound. 
  The guard looked at Gu Hai and hesitated for a second. He couldn’t tell if Gu Hai was joking or serious. “I don’t want to lose my job because of this. Please don’t do anything wrong,” he said, made a face as if he were pleading, and left the room.
  Gu Hai ignored him and turned his eyes on Xiaoping. He had paid the guards a lot of money to turn off the cameras and make sure that there was no evidence of him ever being there.
  Xiaoping knew that Gu Hai was closer to him now. Sweat formed on his forehead and his palms were sweaty. His throat had gone dry and he felt nervous. “What is the meaning of this,” he demanded. As soon as he spoke, he let his anger take the lead. It was the only way he wouldn’t seem weak. 
  Gu Hai took the seat across from him and eyed him up and down. There were bandages over Xiaoping’s eyes and he looked shorter than he had imagined. He pulled out an envelope, opened it, and produced a piece of paper. “Sign this,” he said, shoving the paper towards Xiaoping. 
  “What is it,” Xiaoping said harshly.
  “The divorce papers you were supposed to sign a while ago,” Gu Hai said. He was trying to control his breathing. He was trying even harder not to lose his cool. He wanted to reach over the table and smash the other man’s head on the steel table and punch him repeatedly in the face. He wanted to see blood. Only then would he feel satisfied.  
  Xiaoping grunted. “I will not sign it,” he said, leaned back in his chair and folded his arms over his chest.
  Gu Hai laughed out loud. He looked at the huge metal door, back at Xiaoping, and got up from his chair.
  Xiaoping stiffened and dropped his hands to his sides. “What are you doing,” he asked nervously and shifted in his seat again. 
  Gu Hai walked up behind him and rested his hands on his shoulders as if to give him a message. “I think you will sign the document,” he half whispered, bending down to bring his lips close to his ear, “because if you don’t, I will beat you in this very room until you are unconscious. Then I will wait for you to regain consciousness, and do it all over again.” He looked up at the huge glass mirror across from him with a blank face.
  The warden, who stood behind the double sided mirror, stopped the guard from charging into their room. Gu Hai wasn’t supposed to touch the prisoner, but after finding out what Xiaoping had done, he allowed Gu Hai to do whatever he wanted, granted he didn’t kill the man. “Let them talk,” he said to the guard, “I don’t think he will hurt him physically.” 
  The guard nodded and stayed put.
  “You’ve already taken everything from me,” Xiaoping snapped as if he were a barking dog, his nose and mouth twisting into something nasty. 
  Gu Hai leaned down and whispered, “I can take more. I can take so much more.”
  Xiaoping heard his words clearly. He didn’t like the way it sounded. It sounded as if Gu Hai was making a promise rather than a threat. “Fuck you,” he shouted.
  “No,” Gu Hai chuckled, “I think you’ll be the one getting fucked.”
  “What the hell are you talking about,” Xiaoping asked. 
  “Think about it, Xiaoping. You’re here in prison, no money, no friends. One word from me, and the other prisoners will be on you like white on rice. A lot of the men here don’t like other men who try to kill women or children. They target you first.” 
  If Xiaoping had eyes, Gu Hai would have seen how surprised that statement made him feel. He balled up his fists. “You wouldn’t dare,” he said.
  Gu Hai’s laughter was filled with wickedness. It echoed throughout the room, bounced off of the walls, and filled Xiaoping’s ears. “You have no idea,” he said and patted his shoulders. “I hear that some of the men in here welcome the company of a willing man and his hole.”
  It took Xiaoping a few seconds to register what Gu Hai meant. He gasped when he finally understood.
  “I don’t have to do much,” Gu Hai said, “but a few words to the other inmates and your life will become very unpleasant here. Your hole would be stretched as wide as your head when they’re done with you.” He walked back over to his chair, sat down, tilted his head to the side, and added, “But maybe you’d like that?” 
  After a few minutes of silence, Xiaoping muttered, “Fuck.”
  Gu Hai slid the paper in front of him, pulled out a pen, and guided his hand to where his signature was supposed to go. 
  With every stroke of the pen, Xiaoping felt bitter. It was so thick that he could taste it on his tongue. He wished that he could destroy Gu Hai and switch places with him. He hated that he was left with nothing. No money, no home, no freedom. Was this the price he had paid for going against Gu Hai? Was it all Ying Yue’s fault? When he finished signing the document, he tossed the pen across the room. 
  Gu Hai ignored him, picked up the paper, put it back into the envelope, and left without a word. He could have made arrangements for someone to attack Xiaoping, rape him, take away his very sanity, but he didn’t. He left Xiaoping where he belonged, on the bottom, in the past. He walked through the cold, damp dark halls of the prison and smiled. This place was where Xiaoping belonged. He had gone from living a lavish life to living in a cell no bigger than a closet. 
  When he got to his car, he inhaled the fresh air, something Xiaoping would soon yearn for. He got the best gift for Ying Yue. A divorce that was final, she would be able to move on with her life and never look back. His family was safe. He could have been the vicious lion, tearing Xiaoping apart, making him wish that he never crossed him. Instead he made one final call to the Warden, asking him to instill fear into Xiaoping every day of his life. Leaving the possibility that he could be gang raped in prison at any moment. 

  They all decided that it would be best to go back home to China. Gu Hai promised to treat everyone to another vacation next year. 
  When they got back home, Gu Hai and Bai LuoYin took the women to Dr. Lee for a regular check up by their personal doctor. 
  Waiting in the doctor's office, Bai LuoYin held Ying Yue in his arms and was too afraid to let her go. He tripled security on her and didn’t feel as if it was too much. He wanted her to feel extra safe.
  Dr. Lee had just finished checking her out, making sure that she was in perfect health. “You’re doing great,” he said, eyeing her and Bai LuoYin. He turned and glanced at the four bodyguards standing outside of the room. “I don’t blame you for stepping up security,” he said to Bai LuoYin. 
  “I just want my family to be safe,” Bai LuoYin said. 
  Dr. Lee nodded, then frowned as he looked at his chart. “I see we never got around to finding out the sex of the babies. Is that something you and Gu Hai want to do?”
  Bai LuoYin shook his head. He didn't want to know. He wanted it to be a surprise. He didn’t know why, but he wanted everyone to find out at the same time. When the babies came, he wanted to see everyone’s reaction. Opening a gift and having a genuine reaction was better than knowing what was inside of the box already. 
  “Okay,” he said to Bai LuoYin and then looked at Ying Yue. “I would like for you to talk to our crisis counselor though.” 
  Ying Yue nodded and left with him. 
  When Gu Hai arrived from checking in with Yan Ya Jing and Chao, Dr. Lee spoke to him for a few minutes and then they went to meet Bai LuoYin in the patient’s room. 
  “How come you don’t want to know the sex of our babies,” Gu Hai asked Bai LuoYin.
  Bai LuoYin explained why and they got into a disagreement. 
  “Well, I want to know,” Gu Hai said, folding his hands over his chest. 
  “No,” Bai LuoYin said flatly, as if his word was final. 
  “No?”
  “Yes, no.”
  “Why no? I can find out if I please,” Gu Hai said. He puffed his chest and frowned.
  “Not if you want to sleep in my house,” Bai LuoYin said. 
  “Eh? What do you mean,” Gu Hai said, “Your house? It’s our house.”
  “If you find out what the sex of our babies are you’ll be sleeping in a hotel! I won’t let you sleep in the same house as me!”
  Gu Hai was angry now. “Why?”
  “Because I don’t want to know and I know you, Gu Hai, you’ll taunt me!”
  Gu Hai hesitated for a second. “No I won’t,” he yelled, pretending to feel offended. Deep down inside he knew that his wife was right. But he would never admit it out loud. 
  “Gu Hai,” Bai LuoYin pointed his finger at him, “If you find out, I will never speak to you again! No, means, no!”
  “I am the man of this house,” Gu Hai shouted and pointed to the floor, “I say, yes.”
  “Actually, I am the man of this house,” Dr. Lee interjected nervously.
  Bai LuoYin and Gu Hai glanced at him at the same time and the poor doctor stepped away quickly. He didn’t want to be caught in the line of fire and the bullets that were flying were those made for a sniper. Since he was closest to the door, he exited the room.
  “I said, no,” Bai LuoYin said, lowering his voice and glaring at his husband. He knew Gu Hai too well. If he found out the sex of the babies, he would tease him with the information for months. Was it so wrong that he wanted to experience the big reveal together with him?
  “I’m going to find out,” Gu Hai said, turning to leave the room.
  “You take one step and you get nothing until the babies are born,” Bai LuoYin yelled out.
  Gu Hai almost lost his balance. He swiftly threw his hands out and composed himself while holding onto the wall. He swallowed hard. “What,” he said, “you will hold out on sex? Is that what you’re telling me?”
  Bai LuoYin raised an eyebrow and folded his hands over his chest once more. He lifted his chin high into the air as if to say, yes. 
  Gu Hai walked up and looked him deep in his eyes. “You will never,” he hissed. Then he took a step back, leaned on the wall, and a smile grew on his face.
  Bai LuoYin eyed him suspiciously. “I never will? Are you daring me?” 
  Gu Hai’s smile turned to a side grin. He looked down, grabbed himself through the front of his jeans, and said, “You would miss this too much. You will never go that long without it.” He bit his bottom lip, and added, “You can’t go without this in your mouth and in your hole for that long.”
  The vein in Bai LuoYin’s right eye twitched. Yet, he knew that he would win that bet. He had gone so long without it before. Eight years as a matter of fact!
  Ying Yue stepped into the room with Jiang Yifei. They looked at Gu Hai, who suddenly stood straight and dropped his hands to his side. They picked up on how intense it was in the room and the way both men were staring at each other.
  “What’s going on,” Jiang Yifei asked nervously. 
  Without turning his head, Gu Hai said, “My wife doesn’t want me to find out the sex of the babies.” 
  Ying Yue winced when she heard the way he said the word, wife, and debated whether she should leave them alone. 
  “I want us all to find out at the same time. I want it to be a surprise,” Bai LuoYin said, still not peeling his eyes away from Gu Hai.
  Ying Yue tried to change the subject. “How is Yan Ya Jing,” she asked Gu Hai. 
  “Fine,” Gu Hai answered without turning towards her. His eyes were glued on Bai LuoYin’s pretty face. How dare he try to keep something like this from him. He wanted to know what the sex of the babies were. He wanted to start buying things for their rooms.
  “I already know what the baby is,” Jiang Yifei said.
  Everyone looked at her.
  “How do you know,” Ying Yue asked, “did Dr. Lee tell you?”
  Jiang Yifei shook her head, “No,” she said, “but the baby kicks like a boy!”
  “It could be a girl,” Ying Yue said. “You can’t tell just from the baby…kicking.”
  Jiang Yifei noticed the way her friend trailed off with her words. “What’s wrong,” she asked, touching her shoulder, “are you okay?”
  Bai LuoYin and Gu Hai forgot about their own problem and walked up to her.
  Ying Yue told them about how the baby kicked her and it felt as if the baby had given her a sign when she was being attacked by Xiaoping. As she told them the story, tears filled her eyes.
  They all embraced her. Kissing her forehead and soothing her with back rubs, they all took turns comforting her. 
  “I’m sorry you had to go through that,” Gu Hai said, nestling his chin in her hair. 
  “It’s over now,” said Bai LuoYin, hugging her and on the verge of tears himself.  
  Jinag Yifei tried her best to hug them all, “I love you people,” she said.
  “We love you two so very much,” Gu Hai said.
  Bai LuoYin pulled away and said to both women, “This is the reason why we wanted you two to stay a part of our lives.” He looked at Gu Hai then back at them. “We knew that we would grow to love you and want you two to be a part of our growing family.”
  Gu Hai nodded. 
  “Thank you,” Ying Yue said through tears. Her heart bursting with emotions of love and thankfulness, she hugged them back.
  “Our conversation is not over,” Gu Hai whispered to Bai LuoYin.
  “Yes it is,” Bai LuoYin said.
  Jiang Yifei laughed. She thought that it was a great idea for everyone to find out the babies sex when they were born. 

  That night, when Gu Hai and Bai LuoYin were back at their house, Bai LuoYin took a blanket and pillow from the bedroom and placed it on the couch. 
  Gu Hai came into the living room holding a glass of water. He was ready to relax and watch some TV, but when he saw what his lover had left on the couch, his mood changed. “What is this,” he asked casually. 
  “This is where you’ll be sleeping tonight,” Bai LuoYin snapped. 
  “You mean that is where you’ll be sleeping,” Gu Hai said as if he didn't have a care in the world, then drank from his glass. He leaned on the doorframe and eyed Bai LuoYin with a blank face.
  “If you come into my room, I’ll burn this house down,” Bai LuoYin shouted.
  Gu Hai smiled and finished his glass of water. He walked up to his wife, placed the glass on the coffee table, and said, “Our room. The room in which you are referring to is our room.”
  Bai LuoYin felt irritated. Gu Hai was doing this on purpose now! Acting like nothing was wrong was starting to grind his gears!
  “If you decide to burn the house down, fine, I will buy us a new one,” Gu Hai whispered. 
“Gu Hai, do not find out what the babies are!”
  “I will do whatever I want, when I want to,” whispered Gu Hai. Then he leaned in close for a kiss.
  Bai LuoYin used his right hand to keep him from closing in on his lips, pushing at his chest, and turning his face to the side. “No, you won’t,” he said.
  “Yes, I will,” Gu Hai whispered again, this time his voice going into a deeper tone. “I will take whatever I want from you, whenever I want it,” he said. “Do you want to know why?”
  Bai LuoYin chose not to answer his question. He frowned and kept his eyes diverted, looking at the curtains would distract him from turning towards his husband and his dangerous eyes and voice. 
  Gu Hai used a finger to turn Bai LuoYin’s head to look at him. When their eyes met, he held their gaze and said, “Because you are mine, this family is mine, this house is mine.”
  Bai LuoYin wanted to correct him. He wanted to yell, this house is ours! But the look in Gu Hai’s eyes was pure. He was serious, stern, confident and sure. He knew what Gu Hai was saying and he respected him for it. He worked hard, he loved him unconditionally, cared for both his family, his own and was ready to be a father. But still, he was upset. “Do not come into the room,” he said and walked away.
  Gu Hai watched him leave. He chuckled. “Fine, wife,” he yelled as he watched him walk out of the room, “I will sleep here tonight. But if you miss these arms and my cock, don’t crawl into my bed!” 
  Hearing Gu Hai yell out the word, cock, he almost tripped on the stairs. He sucked his teeth and silently cursed his husband for having such an effect on him.