"Lost For Words."

That same morning, Jiang Yifei had breakfast, chatted with Ying Yue for half an hour, read two pages from a new book, and was heading to the kitchen for some water when she spotted Wang Wei switching shifts with another bodyguard. They locked eyes and he headed in her direction.
  As he made his way towards her, she noticed the redness in his eyes and a slight tiredness about him. He had had the night shift and she knew that he had been on high alert all through the night while she slept like a baby. She felt sorry for him and gave him the biggest smile as he walked up to her.
  "Good morning," he said, softly, and the raspy sound that escaped his lips made her more attracted to him. Had that been the first words out of his mouth after so many hours at work? Did he and the other bodyguard not have conversations with one another throughout the night? There were so many questions she had.
  "Morning," she said, and couldn't help but look down at her stomach. She would have looked at her feet or shoes, but her belly had temporarily taken up the space needed to see them. She almost laughed at the thought of that.
  He cleared his throat, blushed, and said, "I was wondering if you wanted to hang out for a bit this morning."
  Jiang Yifei's jaw hung loose. She was at lost for words. He wanted to spend time with her after such a long work day? She wanted to say, you should get some rest, but she nodded as if she had no control. Her heart had taken over.
  He blushed once more and the electric current that sparked between them seemed to bring life to their bodies, especially to him, who should have already been heading home to get rest.
  She wondered if Ying Yue had anything to do with him asking her out this morning. If she did, she was going to give her friend the biggest hug in the world.
  They made plans, he freshened up in the guest bathroom, and they headed out the door.
  She wasn't the type of woman to be impressed with a man's car, but he sure had a nice one. A 2022 Ford Mustang was what he drove. He held the door open for her, helped her inside, shut the door, and she ran her hands all over the inside of the car. It felt very nice.
  Wang Wei drove to the Dali Courtyard in Beijing. The plan? Lunch in a romantic setting.
  As they entered the restaurant, Jiang Yifei felt a little underdressed, said something to him, and he reassured her that she was fine. Almost everyone working there greeted Wang Wei as they moved through the restaurant to their table, which was already booked.
  When they sat down, Jiang Yifei looked around and admired the design, decor, and dimly lit space. It was very romantic. Was it expensive to dine here, she wondered.
  "So, tell me more about you," Wang Wei said, opening his napkin and placing it in his lap. He looked at her as if he was focusing all of his attention on her.
  They conversated for a long while. Then Jiang Yifei noticed that the bodyguard that had replaced his shift had not followed them to the restaurant.
  "He is outside. Gu Hai knows about this date. I informed him while I got ready."
  "Gu Hai trusts you," she said.
  "He does. But he still said, if anything happens to you or the baby, he will kill me and get rid of my body with such precision that the world will never find me."
  They both laughed.
  "Gu Hai is such a wonderful man," said Jiang Yifei.
  He took a sip of his water and nodded. He placed his glass down, looked deep into her eyes, and they talked some more.
  After a couple of hours, food, and a walk around the area, Wang Wei took hold of her right hand, "May I," he asked.
  She blushed, nodded, and they walked some more, holding hands and enjoying the weather and each other's company. They sat down on a bench and Wang Wei asked, "What are your plans for after having the baby?"
  She looked out into the distance and sighed.
  He studied her side profile, which looked very beautiful from where he sat. He loved looking at her face. He loved the beauty mark she had near her bottom lip, the way her eye lashes curled without her even having to put on mascara. Her lips were pink and slightly plump, and her hair was straight, but had so much volume to it. It bounced as she walked, even when she got up from the couch to go to the kitchen for something to drink. From his view at the front door, she looked stunning, even while she was pregnant.
  "After I have the baby, I want to travel the world," she started.
  Wang Wei listened as she spoke. Much to his surprise, a lot of what she wanted was what he wanted.
  "Would you miss the baby?" he asked.
  She nodded, glanced at him for a second, looked back out at the birds flying high above the trees, and said, "I would, but I know that I can always visit. Gu Hai and Bai LuoYin want me to visit when I can. But my goals in life are different from theirs. I want to see the world, learn different languages, make new friends. I feel like I've been alone all my life. I need to create a family of friends of my own. I have no one."
  Hearing her say those words made Wang Wei's chest tight. He wanted nothing more than to embrace her in his arms and never let her go. At times, even he felt alone, so he understood the feeling.
  They talked some more, ate, went to see a movie, and then headed back home. Wang Wei escorted her back to the house and then left for some much needed rest.
  Jiang Yifei told Ying Yue about her day, they squealed like little girls at how romantic Wang Wei was and then relaxed for the rest of the night.