"The Procession."

Ying Yue and Jiang Yifei were hanging out at Gu Hai's home when they got the invitation to Yan Ya Jing's wedding.
Bai LuoYin hired a private masseuse to pamper the women. They were in the middle of a marvelous back rub when Gu Hai said, "Yan Ya Jing has invited you both to her wedding." He said, waving the two invitations in his hand like a paper fan. He waltzed into the living room wearing a robe and slippers and grinned at them. He winked at Bai LuoYin, who was also getting a well deserved message.
Jiang Yifei lifted her head up off of the folding table that was set up for her convenience. "Really," she asked, sounding surprised, and excited.
The scented oils that hovered in the air had created a lavender and mint mixture. It filled everyone's nostrils and had them all in a more relaxed state of mind.
A masseur was working on Ying Yue's neck and shoulders. She turned her head to the side and looked up at Gu Hai curiously. "Should we go? We don't really know her that well. I mean, don't get me wrong, I like her, but we don't really have that much money."
Gu Hai shook his head and said, "It's fine. You two should attend the wedding. Don't worry too much about the money and having something to wear. I'll take care of it for you. I think it will be fun. You two need to get out and enjoy events that involve women. Also, Yan Ya Jing likes you both. She is happy that you two have become part of our family."
"I want to go," Jiang Yifei chirped excitedly, "I've never been to a wedding before."
Ying Yue turned her head in the opposite direction to give her a questionable look. "You've never been to a wedding?"
Jiang Yifei shook her head.
"I think you'll love it," Ying Yue said, turning her head back to a comfortable position. "The bride's dress, the men in their tuxedos, the flowers, the food, the fun games, it's all simply beautiful."
Jiang Yifei smiled. She really wanted to attend. The way Ying Yue talked about a wedding made her feel as if it would he magical.
"How many weddings have you attended before?" Gu Hai asked.
"My-" Ying Yue said. She was about to say, my own, but luckily stopped herself in time. She pretended to have something stuck in her throat and sat up, rubbing, and coughing as if it would make it go away.
Jiang Yifei stiffened. She eyed Gu Hai to see if he had caught on, but instead, he was busy running a finger over the invitation in his hand.
Finally, Ying Yue said, after faking her cough, "My friend invited me to her wedding once. It was so extravagant. But she moved to London soon after she married." She felt horrible lying to these two men. But she needed to keep them safe and out of drama.
"Yan Ya Jing has chosen the paper well," Gu Hai gestured to Bai LuoYin, who nodded in agreement.
Jiang Yifei's muscles relaxed. She was relieved to know that he wasn't paying too much attention to Ying Yue's behavior.
"How about we all take a trip to the mall and pick something nice for the ladies to wear?" Bai LuoYin suggested.
Gu Hai liked the idea. "We can leave after you all finish up here," he said and left to get ready.
After their pampering session, they all rode to the mall with Gu Hai driving. Once they were in the mall, Bai LuoYin led the way to a dress shop. The salesperson measured both women and then brought out two long racks filled with lovely dresses. Because Jiang Yifei and Ying Yue's stomach was growing, they had to get fitted around the stomach part to resize their choices.
In the end, they had picked out great things to wear, including comfortable shoes.
They paid for all of the merchandise and were exiting the store when they bumped into someone.
"Bai LuoYin," said Liu Chong. He was surprised that he happen to see his friend coming out of a wedding shop.
Gu Hai walked up behind Bai LuoYin and rested his hand on his shoulder.
Liu Chong smiled at him. "What a pleasant surprise," he said excitedly. His eyes moving to both men, but trying to read Gu Hai's expression more.
Bai LuoYin saluted his friend and he returned the same.
"What a coincidence running into you at such a random place," Bai LuoYin said.
Liu Chong ran a hand through his hair nervously. "I'm actually doing my friend a favor. He is getting married and wanted me to pick up a few things for him."
Gu Hai eyed him suspiciously. He had a feeling that this man had a crush on Bai LuoYin. The way he spoke gave him away. There was a hint of nervousness in his tone.
Liu Chong turned back to Gu Hai and extended his hand, saying, "It's nice to see you again Gu Hai."
Gu Hai eyed his hand and lifted both of his high up into the air. "I would shake your hand, but as you can see, they are full."
Ying Yue sensed the tension and interjected. "I'm Ying Yue, you're quite handsome," she said, shaking his hand gently.
Liu Chong shook her hand and blushed. "Nice to meet you," he said smiling.
"Well," Gu Hai said, "we won't keep you, we know you're busy." He walked off, his eyes still on his wife as he did so, as if to see if he would stay and converse with his military buddy or follow him.
Bai LuoYin wanted to laugh. Even after all these years, Gu Hai was still possessive of him, even though they were married and Gu Hai had him for life. Bai LuoYin bid his friend goodbye after introducing Jiang Yifei and they trotted off to catch up with his husband.
When they all got into the car, Gu Hai turned up the music purposely.
Bai LuoYin gave him a side glance but didn't say anything.
They dropped the women home and then went to their house.
When Gu Hai walked through the front door, he was quiet. He had barely said anything on the drive home. He took a shower and headed straight to bed.
Bai LuoYin however took a shower and layed in bed with a book.
It wasn't until Bai LuoYin was three chapters in that Gu Hai spoke. With his back to his wife he asked, "Do you think our lives would have been different?"
Bai LuoYin stuck his bookmark into his page and turned his head in his direction. "What do you mean?"
Gu Hai sighed heavily. "What if you had fallen in love with Liu Chong instead? What if it was him you were supposed to marry."
Bai LuoYin thought for a moment. Then he shook his head. "No," he said and Gu Hai turned to face him.
"What do you mean, no?"
"I mean, no, it wouldn't have been different Gu Hai."
"How so?"
Bai LuoYin rested his book on the side table and gave his full attention to his husband. "It wouldn't have been different because I wouldn't have fallen in love with Liu Chong. It wouldn't have been different because I never looked at him in that way."
"How come?" Gu Hai asked. His eyebrows wrinkled as if he were confused.
But, Bai LuoYin was no fool. He knew this guy too well. Gu Hai enjoyed a good boost to his manliness. Instead, Bai LuoYin rolled his eyes and reached for his book again.
"No really! How come?" Gu Hai urged. He still had the same lost look on his face.
Bai LuoYin played along. "Never mind," he said, opening his book and picking up where he left off.
Gu Hai stared at the back of the book for a few seconds, then gasped, and said out loud, "Oh! It's because you loved only me!"
Bai LuoYin peeked from the side of his book and quickly blocked his face again.  "If you knew, why do you need me to say it!"
Gu Hai laughed. "I like hearing you say it," he said.
"Why do you always do this Gu Hai? Why do you always feel the need to make me say it whenever another man is around or you feel threatened?"
Gu Hai shifted on the bed, moving closer to him. "I only want to remind you. There is nothing wrong with that."
Bai LuoYin grunted. "Go to sleep you donkey."
Gu Hai yawned. He threw his right arm around Bai LuoYin and soon fell into a deep sleep.
When Bai LuoYin finished reading, he put his book on the side table again and looked over at his husband. He was lucky, he thought. He got to sleep next to the love of his life. Not everyone was so lucky. There were tragic love stories happening right now, he thought. Not everyone was blessed to be with the one they loved.
He thought about Liu Chong. Not once in all those years did he think that he could replace Gu Hai with him. There was no comparison. Gu Hai was on a tier all on his own. He wondered why some men got jealous. Even though Gu Hai knew how he felt about him, he still needed reminding of just how much he loved him.
Bai LuoYin shook his head slowly and ran a finger along his husband's jawline. It was so strong, just like him, he thought.
"I love you always and forever, donkey," he whispered, "even if the world came to an end, I'd meet you in the afterlife and the billions after. No one could take your place."
He scooted down into the bed, lower, so that their faces met. He ran a hand through Gu Hai's hair and cheek, saying, "If I got lost, my breathing alone would lead you back to me. That's how strong our love is. I could be in a room filled with beautiful or handsome men and my eyes would only search for yours."
Bai LuoYin watched his husband's breathing until he fell asleep.

The day of Yan YaJing's wedding, Gu Hai awoke to his alarm clock ringing. He jumped up quickly and turned it off. He didn't want the sound to wake Bai LuoYin. He carefully got off the bed and went to brush his teeth. There was lots of preparation to do for Yan Ya Jing's big day.
He tiptoed out of the room and went downstairs. He brewed coffee and left some for his lover before he left.
He drove to the hall to meet up with the planner. He wanted to double check and make sure that everything was running smoothly for Gao and Yan Ya Jing's day.
He helped set up the stage and then hung the lights he had bought for the occasion. He just knew that they would love his magical idea of being under the stars.
When he was done, he marveled at his handy work. It looked great!
Gu Hai made sure that the food looked and tasted right. Everyone in the kitchen was stunned at how involved he was in planning.
Gu Hai tasted the food and made sure it was perfection. Even the desserts got a bit of his attention. When he was done, he sent Gao a text message to let him know that everything was turning out great.
An hour later, Bai LuoYin showed up to help. Yang Meng trotted up behind him ready to be of assistance.
"The flower truck has arrived," Bai LuoYin said to Gu Hai. When he saw how beautifully decorated the hall was visions of his own meeting to Gu Hai invaded his mind.
Men and women stormed the hall with huge bunches of fresh flowers. They placed them in the areas that Gu Hai pointed to. The photographer arrived and set up in his corner of the hall. He began snapping pictures as soon as he could of every detail. The staff that was hired started placing beautiful plates and silverware on the tables.
"It's coming along so nicely!" Yang Meng said. He was in awe of everything. A dream had began to form in his own head about what his own wedding would look like.
Bai LuoYin nodded. He was busy watching Gu Hai bark orders at two of the waiters. It turned him on to see his husband take charge of something else other than him. Very rarely did he see this side of him. It was a sight! Taking charge of him in the bedroom was different, yes, but to see him take charge out of the bedroom sent a sexual quiver up and down Bai LuoYin's spine.

Two photographers were hired to take pictures. The second one was busy taking pictures of Yan Ya Jing. She radiated with elegance. Tears filled her eyes as she took pictures in a white dress, her traditional red, and a bright maroon gown.
Today was the day.
When she was younger she dreamed of having a wedding. She was lucky that she found Gao.
Gao's family members stood in his room with him. They pampered him in every way possible. The men made sure his tie was straight and the women made sure that his skin glowed. The photographer had taken at least eighty pictures of him and his family, all in various poses.
He smiled at his mother, who gently placed the palm of her hand on his cheek. He asked his mother to adore his soon to be wife at her own home because she no longer had her own mother. She agreed and left with Gao's sister. His father sat across the room looking very proud of him.
Back at Yan Ya Jing's home, she had a makeup artist apply a very light coat of powder on her face.
"You're very beautiful," the woman said to her, "you need very little makeup. I'm jealous."
Yan Ya Jing blushed.
When the door opened and she noticed it was Gao's mother, more tears appeared again.
"You're going to spoil your makeup," she said, walking up to her soon to be daughter-in-law. She hugged her gently, lovingly, as a mother only could, and helped her with her hair. She tied beautiful colored cotton threads in her hair as the photographer snapped away.
Yan Ya Jing's aunt also helped.
"I'm so happy for you two," Gao's sister said.
They all drank a cup of tea to calm their nervousness and then Yan Ya Jing put on her red wedding dress. It was time to get married with their families by their sides. After they got married, they would join their friends at the hall.

Bai LuoYin helped Gu Hai put the finishing touches to the hall. When they were done, they did one last run through before they left to go home and get dressed.
Yang Meng also doubled up on making sure that everything was perfect before leaving.
Soon, the newlyweds would be there!

When she was ready, Yan Ya Jing's father took her hand and led her downstairs to her limo. She cried all the way from the bedroom, well until she got inside of her car.
Gao's mother also cried. She was very happy.
Their wedding procession was ready to leave. A huge band of helpless romantics and musical instruments awaited their embark like a tail.
Yan Ya Jing's family cheered and made merry as the limo pulled out onto the road. Some of her family members stuck their heads out of the top and sides of the limo, hollering joyously as they took her to meet her destiny.