"The Tie That Binds."

The next morning Bai LuoYin awoke to flowers

The next morning Bai LuoYin awoke to flowers. There were rose petals scattered all over the bed and a huge bouquet of roses on each side of the night stands in crystal vases.
He rubbed his eyes and sat up on the bed. His fingers brushed a few of the petals and he looked down at them as the sweet aroma tickled his nose. A smile slowly painted his expression as he picked up a flower. He looked around and noticed Gu Hai was nowhere in sight. He inhaled deeply, hoping the aroma of breakfast lingered also. To his disappointment there was no such thing. He got up off of the bed and threw on a robe. Walking into the kitchen, he looked around disappointed. No lover in sight. Gu Hai didn't even leave a note. Today was Saturday, where could he have gone?

  Gu Hai stopped at three different stores looking for something tasty

Gu Hai stopped at three different stores looking for something tasty. He wanted to try something new. The trip to New Zealand was going to be an experience of different foods. He was in Queenstown on Main Street and was looking for the best breakfast spot.
A very attractive woman walked past him and winked. He blushed and flashed his wedding ring at her with a wave of his hand.
She shrugged as if to say, you can't blame me for trying, and kept walking with a friendly smile.
Finally, he caught a whiff of something unique in the air. It smelled great so he headed in the direction it came from. After purchasing his goodies he headed back to the hotel room. To his surprise Bai Luo Yin was already awake.
"I have breakfast for you my dear wife," he said, sounding like a caveman and holding up the bag as he entered the room. With the kick of his heel, he closed the front door and grinned.
Bai LuoYin glared at him through his cup of coffee as Gu Hai got plates out from the cupboard.
"Have a seat," Gu Hai said and gestured for him to sit near him.
Bai LuoYin shook his head.
"You're not hungry?" Gu Hai looked puzzled.
"I'm very hungry," Bai LuoYin said, putting his cup down on the counter top. "Just give it to me," he said holding out a hand.
Gu Hai frowned, then pulled out a seat and waited for him to sit. There was a moment of silence as Gu Hai stood there looking at him. Bai LuoYin avoided locking eyes with him and he seemed to be holding back something.
"What's wrong?" Gu Hai frowned harder.
Bai LuoYin pressed his lips together in a thin line and looked as if he were battling whether to answer or not.
Gu Hai let go of the chair and walked closer to him. He gently touched his shoulder and waited for a response.
Bai LuoYin took a step away from him, which made Gu Hai's eyebrows wrinkle up. He was truly baffled.
"Did I do something wrong?" Gu Hai frowned.
Bai LuoYin looked angry for a moment but still spoke, "You were a little rough with me last night. I don't think I'll be able to sit comfortably."
Gu Hai's eyes lit up. He tried his best to suppress a playful laugh because he knew if he only let it show, Bai LuoYin would kill him. "I'm..." was all he managed to say before Bai LuoYin put a hand up to stop him. He simply walked over to get his plate of food. All the while, Gu Hai was in his own pain, fighting not to break out into laughter.

For the rest of the day, they both shopped in all of the little stores. It was nice not having to work or be in the office.
"What should we do before we head back home?" Gu Hai asked.
"I want to get something for our family and friends before we leave," Bai LuoYin said, pulling at Gu Hai's hand.
They headed for one of the tourist shops. After buying lots to things, they headed for another store. As they did, Gu Hai passed a store that sold bikes and stopped in his tracks. Bai LuoYin was a few steps ahead, so he was unaware that he had stopped. It wasn't until he turned his head to say something that he noticed his missing husband.
Bai LuoYin frowned and looked around. He spotted Gu Hai's face pressed up against a glass window. Something had caught his eye and he was smiling. Bai LuoYin could differentiate his gaze. It was the look of love, instead of his usual wicked ones. He sometimes wanted to beat him over the head when the jealous or angry look painted his face. But at that moment, it was pure love. He walked up behind him, curious to see what had made him stop and gawk. To his surprise, he saw a bike sitting on display in the window. It had a heart shaped balloon tied to its handlebars. It was much like the one Gu Hai used to ride when they attended school together. But, this one was new, it wasn't old and raggedy like that one a long time ago.
Without taking his eyes off of the bike, Gu Hai reached around and pulled Bai LuoYin to stand next to him. "Look," Gu Hai said softly, almost a whisper, "does it remind you of something?"
Bai LuoYin cringed a little. He looked at Gu Hai's starry eyes quickly and back at the bike. "Oh no," Bai LuoYin protested, "you are not buying that!"
Finally, Gu Hai tore his eyes away from the bike. With him looking as if he would burst into something magical, made from rainbows, flowers, candy and anything else that had to do with the word love, he kissed him on the cheek and dashed through the front door.