"Yang Meng"

The next day, You Qi took Yang Meng to the movies. Of course he rented the entire theater for the night.
Yang Meng would have objected once more, but he remembered that he was dealing with a superstar.
He took notice of You Qi's phone calls throughout the day. He would call to check up on him, see how is day was going, and to see if he had eaten. It all seemed a little odd to him.
Why was this guy always calling?
He brushed the thought aside, thinking that maybe this guy only had a few friends. He didn't mind the phone calls, it was more about the questions that You Qi would ask.
"Doesn't anyone want you? How come you're still single? You Qi would ask and expect an answer. It was a little weird and it made Yang Meng feel a little nervous. He didn't know how to answer those types of questions. He would quickly change the subject.
He was single because he had no time for love! The nerve of this guy!
They ended up watching a horror movie. It was something You Qi suggested. All the blood and gore made Yang Meng cringe in his seat. A few jump scares, and he had latched on to You Qi's arm with the power of a lion.
"These things are fake," You Qi said, chuckling at how much of a wimp he was, "I'll teach you the tricks and trade of how they do it. After, you'll never be scared of a horror movie again."
Yang Meng's eyebrows ruffled and he pouted his lips. He felt as if You Qi was making fun of him. He stuffed his mouth with popcorn and sank lower in his seat. When the movie was done, You Qi offered to buy dinner.
The restaurant they arrived at had private booths. You Qi's fame allowed them to skip the waiting list.
Yang Meng's eyes widened as he said, "I could get used to this."
You Qi simply smiled and led the way.
Their private dining area was labeled, V.I.P, huge red curtains hung from each wall. A small chandelier sparkled in the center.
"Wow," Yang Meng marveled, "all this for a star like you. Maybe I should quit the police force and become an actor!"
Yang Meng noticed that their section was perched upon a balcony. It looked down on all the other guests and had personal servers awaiting instructions. A round tray perched on their hands with cloth napkins hanging from their forearms.
When they took their seats, Yang Meng asked, "Do you ever miss living a simple life?"
A sadness crept into You Qi's eyes. He did miss being able to walk into a shop to buy snacks. At times, it was a bit much being rushed by a crowd of people asking for autographs. He appreciated his fans, even loved them. If it weren't for them he wouldn't have the fame or the fortune.
"I do miss it, but I'm grateful for what I have." He answered.
Yang Meng nodded. He understood. He even felt a little sorry for his friend.
"Bai LuoYin and Gu Hai seem happy." You Qi said, changing the subject.
This time, Yang Meng nodded, "They are very happy together."
An expression passed over You Qi's face, as if he hesitated for a second then changed his mind.
"How come you haven't found someone special?" He asked.
Yang Meng swallowed the lump in his throat. There was that question again.
"May I start you off with drinks?" The waiter asked, coming up to their table and placing utensils and warm water.
Yang Meng breathed a sigh of relief. Thank you lord! He thought to himself.
They ordered and the waiter left.
Yang Meng looked over to see You Qi awaiting his response. His arms folded in front of him and his full attention on display.
Yang Meng let out a nervous laugh, "Well you see, I've been very busy with work. I have no free time to date."
"I know what time you get off from work. You've half the day remaining. You're home by six." You Qi dismissed his excuse. He even squinted his eyes and looked at him sideways.
Yang Meng nervously laughed again. Then, You Qi leaned in closer, as if he were about to tell him a secret, something only between them.
"You're a beauty, anyone would be lucky to have you." He said.
This made Yang Meng blush! Red as a tomato he turned and tried to cover it up with his hands.
Why was his friend talking like this? Even though he was right! He was good-looking! Though, he would have used the word, handsome.
You Qi was enjoying himself. He had always been a confident guy. He usually never was afraid to say what was on his mind. Being in the entertainment business had helped him grow as a person. Now, if he didn't like something, his fee for a movie, the way a director spoke to him, his accommodations, he spoke on it. His confidence had grown tremendously.
"After dinner, I want to take you somewhere." You Qi said.
Yang Meng's eyebrows furrowed, "Where?"
"It's a surprise." You Qi said.
Yang Meng noticed a sparkle in his eyes, which quickly came and went. Now he was curious. Where was this guy taking him now?
They ate and talked about Bai LuoYin and Gu Hai some more.
"Never in my life would I have thought that Bai LuoYin would get married to a man." Yang Meng said, after chewing his food and swallowing.
You Qi looked over at him thoughtfully, "What do you think about two men getting married? In society, some frown upon it."
Yang Meng was taken aback from the question. True, society always preached that men should he with women. But times had changed. There were animals in the world that were with the same sex. Maybe the human race had evolved? Could it be the way the world works now? What if it was a way to keep the population on earth at a certain limit? But wasn't love, love? The heart wanted what the heart wanted, he guessed.
"I think it's nice, someone to love you at your worst and best. As long as they're not hurting anyone, I support them." Yang Meng said.
You Qi nodded. He agreed. Being in the entertainment industry was an eye opener for him. He frequently saw same sex couples. Hollywood encouraged people to be who they were. He was around that kind of stuff all the time. In today's society it was normal.
"Are you dating anyone?" Yang Meng blurted out.
It made You Qi's eyes widen. He looked over at his friend stunned. He hadn't thought that this guy would have asked this. It was totally unexpected. He wiped his mouth with his napkin and placed it on the table. He slowly shook his head once and continued to eat.
Yang Meng frowned, "Is it because you're always busy shooting movies?"
You Qi shook his head again.
"Is it because you're always modeling?" Yang Meng asked.
Again, You Qi shook his head. He was so silent. He looked as if he were trying to stay calm. Yang Meng decided to change the subject.
"How many cars do you own?" He asked, eager to know the number.
You Qi laughed, "Only one, but I rarely drive it."
After dinner, their limo drove for half an hour. Finally, after countless turns through hills that stretched upward for a few miles, they arrived at a clearing. Its circular design was decorated with colorful roses, a gazebo, lights that hung on trees, and a beautiful view of the city below.
Yang Meng stepped out of the limo with his mouth hanging open.
"I'm shooting a scene here in two days." You Qi said, walking up behind him, his hands tucked into his front pockets.
Yang Meng was impressed.
There were prompts layed out on a table, a director's chair as well as seats with the main actors names written on them. Yang Meng walked over to You Qi's chair and ran his hands over the letters. They were written in gold and the chair looked comfortable. He walked over towards the directors seat and clapped his hands once.
"And, action!" He yelled and pointed at You Qi.
You Qi actually blushed. It pleased him very much that Yang Meng was enjoying himself so he decided to play along. Besides, it was the perfect time to practice his lines. He strode onto the set and began reciting his script.
"I love you!" He began saying, "I know that I am your father's enemy but I swear to you, I can still love you!"
Yang Meng's eyes brightened. You Qi semmed to be a different person when he acted.
"Don't you walk away from me!" He said, then stopped. He looked as if he were thinking for a moment and then gestured for Yang Meng to come onto the set.
Yang Meng looked confused for a second but went towards him anyway. Once he were in arms length distance, You Qi grabbed him and pulled him into his arms.
"What are you doing?!" Yang Meng yelped.
"You're going to help me learn my lines." You Qi said and then went back into his acting expression.
"Um...ok." Yang Meng managed to say.
"Don't walk away from me! My love for you will never fade! It is like an eternal burning flame!" He said, running a hand along Yang Meng's cheek.
His fingers tingled from the touch. He was amazed at just how soft his skin felt.
"Maybe this would be better if a woman did it." Yang Meng said, feeling a little uncomfortable. He tried to pull away but You Qi quickly yanked him back into his arms.
"Don't you love me?" He said, leaning in closer to Yang Meng's lips and looking deep into his eyes.
Yang Meng nervously laughed. But You Qi ignored him.
"Tell me you love me! Tell me you've loved me from the first time we met!" You Qi stayed in character.
With You Qi's free hand, he reached around and lightly grabbed a handful of Yang Meng's curls. It forced Yang Meng to arch his neck, forcing that smooth skin and adams apple to be exposed.
Suddenly, You Qi had the urge to run his tongue along that skin. He wanted to taste him. He wanted to mark him as if he were a wolf. Mark him as if to claim him for his own.
Yang Meng blinked up at him. The grip on his arm stung a little. He was more worried about it leaving a bruise. He wanted to say something but thought better. He didn't even know the lines.
Little did Yang Meng know, You Qi had made it all up. The words that he spoke came from him, only him. He wanted to hold this guy near his heart for longer than a night. He wanted to confess his love. He even wanted to go as far as marrying this guy. All this time away from him drove him insane. The days, and months, had passed by and he couldn't help but think of him. If Bai LuoYin and Gu Hai could get married and be happy together, why couldn't he? The only thing that worried him was getting Yang Meng to fall in love with him. Truly fall in love with him.
"Are you done?" Yang Meng asked.
You Qi couldn't help it. He leaned in and kissed him. So soft. So tender. A brush of lips and him tilting his head to the side.
Yang Meng's eyes went wide! He was stunned! Was this part of the script?!
When the kiss was over, Yang Meng quickly stepped away and wiped his lips with the back of his hand. "I think you should wait to practice with the actress."
You Qi grinned and teased him by saying, "But I already did! You're a fine actress!"
Yang Meng frowned. He was getting sick of this guy calling him a woman! Instead of defending himself, he turned, and went back to observing his surroundings.