"The Search Continues."

Yang Meng sat on his bed biting his nails. He stared at the carpet, his mind thinking negative thoughts. He could hear You Qi moving around in the kitchen, the smell of breakfast being cooked by his lover. He kept biting his nails, something he had never done in his life. 
  He thought about the events in the mall. Ying Yue being kidnapped had broken his spirit. I’m a bad friend, kept repeating in his mind. He felt more than guilty that he had been there and that he had let down his best friend. He thought about how Gu Hai must hate him even more for letting such a horrible thing happen. He thought about the baby growing inside of Ying Yue’s stomach and his guilt grew thick, heavy on his chest and mind. He couldn’t breathe. It felt as if someone had placed a huge rock on his chest near his heart and he was gasping for air. He turned to look at You Qi and wondered if he felt the same.
  When You Qi finished cooking, he brought Yang Meng over to the table by the arm. “Eat something,” he said gently. 
  Yang Meng sat down in the small chair and picked up his chopsticks. He picked at his noodles and looked down into the bowl as if he would find the answers to his problems buried deep inside. 
  “We are doing all that we can to find her,” You Qi said. He sat down across from him and gave him soft eyes. 
  “I wish that we could do more,” Yang Meng said. “The longer we wait, the longer I feel like she might be hurt, or worse, the baby…”
  “Shh,” You Qi said, reaching over to touch his hand, “don’t think like that. Have hope and we will find her safe.”
  Yang Meng nodded. He picked at the vegetables in his bowl and tried to think of other things that they could do. He lifted his head and his eyes brightened. “Let’s go out there and look for her!”
  You Qi looked surprised. He looked down at his own bowl and sighed. It was not a bad idea. But he was worried that if he went out into Thailand looking for Ying Yue, his fans would make it difficult for him. Chasing him around the streets and neighborhoods would cause a problem. He used to be able to wear a disguise, sunglasses, black clothing, a hat, but eventually his fans were able to spot him from a mile away. It didn’t matter that he wore things to hide who he truly was. His true fans memorized every inch of his features. They knew every curve to his face, his body language, the way that he walked. It was nearly impossible to fool them. 
  “I’m serious,” Yang Meng went on. He stood up from the table with a determined look upon his face. He balled up his fist and lifted it in a fighting spirit. “Let’s go!” 
  You Qi admired his lover’s mighty spirit. He smiled and stood up also. He pulled out his cellphone and quickly looked for a picture of Ying Yue. “Let’s do it,” he said. 
  Yang Meng wanted to cry. Having someone so supportive in his life was something he had always wanted. 
  They got dressed and walked out the door hand in hand, determined to find the two missing from their happy family tree.
  Yang Meng believed in his heart that they would be successful. 

Ying Yue had fallen asleep somehow. When she opened her eyes, the rays of sunlight that had broken through the boarded up window irritated her vision. She blocked them with her hand and struggled to sit up on the bed. She jerked her head around to see if Xiaoping was near and then her eyes went wide. She touched the back of her head and felt how uneven her hair had been cut. The very middle of her head was cut short and the sides hung low. She got up from the bed and went to look at it in the bathroom mirror. 
  When she saw what he had done, her jaw dropped. He had cut her hair in a way that it looked like an uneven bob, high in the back and low to the sides. She ran her fingers through it and sighed heavily. What a psycho, she thought to herself. Why would he do this? 
  She heard the bedroom door open and he walked into the bathroom.
  “Do you like it,” he asked.
  She nodded and looked down into the sink, still not meeting his eyes. She kept calm, not because he had butchered her hair, but because he was in her presence again. She never was one to fuss about her hair color or styling her hair in a fancy way. 
  “Here,” he said, holding out a bag of things for her to take. “You can wear these. I have hired someone to come and fix what I’ve attempted to do.” He laughed as if he had made a funny joke. 
  She thought, why attempt to cut my hair if you could have hired someone all along? It was puzzling. But then again, she knew that he had lost his mind the second he kidnapped her. Anyone who went against Gu Hai had to have lost their mind. She laughed internally. Xiaoping had no idea what he had started. Gu Hai was going to eat him whole, spit him out, create an everlasting sea of fire of his own just to burn his soul, make a rug out of his flesh and put it in the busiest market he could find just so millions of people can walk all over him, feed his organs to the most vicious animals in the world, and donate his bones to dogs across the globe. The thought alone gave her hope.
  When he left, she took a bath and was grateful for the alone time. The bodyguards brought her food and this time she ate everything.