"Charity For The Bold!"

You Qi showed up promptly at six in the evening at Yang Meng's home. The dress code for the event was a black bow tie, with a white suit, and black shoes.
This time, You Qi had chosen to arrive at the charity ball in a white limo. He was all about stylish things. Being in the entertainment industry, he had learned about matching. What brands were trending, what was in style for the season, and what new cars were the hottest buys.
When You Qi saw Yang Meng's front door open, he quickly got out of the limo to open the door for him.
Yang Meng stepped outside and You Qi was left breathless.
As Yang Meng drew closer, You Qi noticed some small changes. They both were dressed almost identical. But Yang Meng had done something different with his hair. It was cut a little shorter, but looked great. It was even styled in a somewhat side part. His skin seemed to have a glow. His lips looked pinker than usual.
You Qi eyed him up and down as he made it closer to the car. He was impressed. Yang Meng looked very handsome in a suit.
Yang Meng smiled shyly as he noticed the little stars in You Qi's eyes. They twinkled like diamonds. But it could have been from the street light above them.
They got in and headed towards their destination.
When they arrived, they stepped out to the most spectacular scene. The venue was crowded. The men all looked the same, but the women were all dressed in white dresses. Some people were taking pictures with the head of the police force. Some were chatting amongst themselves. Some were making their way inside, passing through huge doors that led to an open space.
The front of the building was brightly lit, its hedges were trimmed to perfection, making the light bounce off of them and creating artful designs all around. To the right of the building, Yang Meng and You Qi stepped in front of a big photo backdrop. The photographer ushered them to stand next to each other. He snapped their picture and then gave You Qi a questionable look. They followed the pathway towards the entrance.
A few of the guests glanced at them as they passed by, murmuring as they recognized You Qi.
A woman walked up nervously and shook You Qi's hand. It was so amusing, Yang Meng giggled.
A man about Yang Meng's height trotted over and snapped a quick photo with his cell phone. He rushed off with a goofy look upon his face.
This made two of You Qi's bodyguards nervous. They stepped out from close by, their hands ready to push people away from their boss.
You Qi quickly glanced at them and gave a small nod, as if to say, everything was fine. They eased up and let out the breath of air they had been holding in.
As You Qi shook hands with a few more people, Yang Meng watched in wonderment. Would this celebrity ever get tired of the attention he always received?
Yang Meng didn't mind what was happening before him. He knew this was to be expected. Deep inside, he was thrilled to be friends with someone who had such a high stature in life.
"I love your movies." An elderly woman said, hugging You Qi and taking a picture with him.
"I enjoy your movies very much!" A younger couple said, doing the same.
They made their way to the front door and You Qi grabbed Yang Meng's hand. You Qi had had enough, he pulled Yang Meng inside and followed the long hallway ahead.
Pictures of important people lined the walls. A massive chandelier hung above them. It glistened as if it had been shined recently. Music sounded as they arrived at another door. Two waiters opened them and they were greeted with melodies sounds.
The room was beautifully decorated. At least fifty, round glass tables were set up with white flower arrangements on top. An orchestra was set up on a platform in the middle of the room. A different ice sculpture was in every corner of the room. A bar sat to the right with a champagne fountain in front of it.
One of Yang Meng's co-workers walked up to him and said, "I didn't know you knew him!" He extended his hand and You Qi shook it firmly.
Yang Meng beamed proudly and nodded. "We were classmates."
You Qi enjoyed the way Yang Meng spoke about him. Not once had he ever mentioned the way he briefly bullied him all those years back. Yang Meng was the type to quickly forgive, that was one of the things he liked about him.
His co-worker left and they headed towards their assigned table.
Speeches were given by the higher ups, money was donated, laughs were had, food was eaten.
Closer to ten o'clock, You Qi excused himself from a group of people who had chatted him up. He walked up to Yang Meng, who was also taking with a group of people, and asked to chat with him privately.
Throughout the night, You Qi had kept his eye on Yang Meng. He observed the way he conversed with his fellow members. The way he laughed at their jokes. The way he made new friends because of his celebrity status was also amusing.
When they were together, as a couple, Yang Meng had once confessed that he had no friends at work. Tonight, everyone wanted to be his best friend!
They made their way towards the back of the establishment where a terrace was the main attraction. It overlooked a garden filled with exotic flowers.
As they stepped outside, a cool breeze blew through their attire. It ruffled their hair and tickled their cheeks.
You Qi led Yang Meng to lean on the banister. They both sighed in unison, then laughed at each other.
Tonight had turned out beautifully.
"I'm glad you invited me as your date." You Qi said, looking out into the distance.
Yang Meng blushed. He agreed. For the second time in his life, he was having fun. The first time had been his birthday. He nodded as You Qi looked up and over at him.
Yang Meng glanced at him and saw the yearning behind his eyes. It was the same yearning he had when he wanted to hold him in his arms, kiss on his cheeks, caress his skin.
You Qi reached out, and because they were so close, lightly grazed his finger along Yang Meng's hand.
The sensation made Yang Meng chose his eyes. He recalled the nights they had spent together. They used to make love every chance they got.
Once, You Qi had come home and had ravaged him. He remembered the orgasms and the endless pleasure You Qi's gifted hands and mouth had gifted to his body. In a way, he craved that moment again.
You Qi let his hand linger for a few more seconds. He felt brave so he intertwined his hands with Yang Meng's. They stood looking out at the view for a few more minutes.
The silence was golden. The moment was a blessing.