"Dark Thoughts."

"How have you been Gu Yang, we haven't seen you in a while." Bai LuoYin asked. He tried his best to sound sincere.
Gu Yang held his gaze hard. The last thing he wanted to do was talk about himself. "I've been good," he answered, then turned his attention back to Jiang Yifei, "So, tell me about yourself."
Jiang Yifei quickly looked at Gu Hai, as if she wanted to be saved. She was usually good at reading people. Since this man walked through the door, she noticed how everyone tensed.
"Cousin, we ordered already, what would you like to eat?" Gu Hai said.
Gu Yang ignored his question and asked, "Are you all celebrating something?" He cocked his head to the side and waited for an answer. When no one spoke, he said, "A fancy place like this, surely you all are celebrating something."
Yan Ya Jing had enough, she placed her hands flat on the table and said, "We are celebrating my engagement."
Gu Yang's eyes went wide, "Congratulations," he said, sounding as if he really didn't mean it.
Yan Ya Jing rolled her eyes and took a sip of her water. She knew Gu Yang was a snake. She would have liked nothing better than to have him escorted out of the establishment.
But Gu Hai tried his best again for everyone to get along. "Let's all have a drink!"
Ying Yue and Jiang Yifei shook their heads and pointed to their stomachs.
"So it's official! You two are carrying!" Gu Yang attempted to sound enthusiastic. Deep down inside, a spark of jealousy ignited. He also dreamed of having a family one day. He looked at Gu Hai, feeling a bit hurt.
"After they went through their first trimester without no health problems, we were going to inform the family about the good news." Bai LuoYin said, as if he had read Gu Yang's mind.
Gu Yang chuckled and drummed his fingers on the table. "That's good. I wish you all the best," he said and got up and left.
Gu Hai was about to stop him from leaving, but Bai LuoYin held his hand then. "Let's eat," he said, as the waiters brought the food on trays towards their table.
For the rest of the night, everyone enjoyed their meal and talked about better things.

You Qi sat Yang Meng down in his apartment. He held him tight on the couch while the television played a movie. He caressed his cheek and entwined their fingers every now and then.
Yang Meng enjoyed reading his head on You Qi's chest. He enjoyed the rythm of You Qi's breathing, the slight beat of his heart.
"Yang Meng," You Qi began.
"Mmm," answered Yang Meng.
"What would you say to making our relationship public information?"
Yang Meng sat up, looking confused. "As in public to everyone?"
You Qi nodded.
Yang Meng thought for a moment. "Is this something you really want to do?"
He nodded again.
Yang Meng thought more about this. His first thought was about how his family would feel. He also thought about how this would effect his job. Some people looked down on gay couples.
You Qi took his hand in his own. "I love you. I don't want to hide any part of our selves from the world. I want to be able to kiss you whenever I want. I want to hold you behind closed doors, as well as in public."
"Like Bai LuoYin and Gu Hai," Yang Meng said.
You Qi smiled and nodded. Their friends were the perfect example of how to love one another.
Yang Meng sighed, "Let me tell my loved ones first. I'll prepare them for when the world finds out."
"Are you sure?" You Qi asked.
Yang Meng nodded, "I also want to be happy. I want to make you happy also. You've done so much already to make me feel blessed."
You Qi cupped his cheek, "Thank you. You've made me so happy."
The kiss that came next would have put cupcakes to shame.

That night, when Gu Hai and Bai LuoYin got home, Bai LuoYin went straight for the shower. He thought that Gu Hai would have joined him, but when he finished and entered the bedroom, he found Gu Hai already asleep with his clothes on.
Bai LuoYin walked over to the hamper and threw his dirty clothes into it. His mind ran over the events that happened earlier at dinner. He felt badly that Gu Yang had made Jiang Yifei and Ying Yue feel uncomfortable. It annoyed him that Gu Hai was so pure of heart. He knew that family was always treasured, but Gu Yang always seemed to get away with things. He especially didn't like the way Gu Yang was intrusive. He understood that Gu Hai tried his best to avoid confrontation at all costs, but sometimes Gu Yang needed to mind his own business. It also ground his gears that Gu Yang always made Gu Hai feel as if he were obligated to tell him every detail of their lives.
Bai LuoYin stomped over to the bed and raised his fist into the air. He wanted to punch Gu Hai in the face at how frustrated he had become.
But looking down at Gu Hai, memories came rushing back.
He was in his school days again, waking up that one morning so long ago and realizing that Gu Hai had held him throughout the night. It had been the best sleep he had had in a while. He had also raised his fist into the air to hit him, for daring to be so bold.
Then he remembered what he had though so long ago, and how taken back those emotions had made him feel.  Looking down at this handsome man, who would ever hit that face? If only he would sleep forever.
Bai LuoYin looked down at Gu Hai sleeping soundly on the bed they shared as lovers, as husbands. He slowly dropped his raised hand. His breathing calmed and he sat down to admire the man before him. He lightly caressed his cheek.
Gu Hai was truly a handsome man. He loved over inch of his skin. He adored every curve of his masculine body. He was in bliss every time they kissed.
Bai LuoYin leaned in and placed the gentlest kiss upon his cheek.
"I love you, you donkey," Bai LuoYin whispered.
Gu Hai groaned and turned over onto his side.
Bai LuoYin held in a laugh. It was still, after all these years, adorable to watch Gu Hai sleep.