"Moon Cakes And Kisses." (Short)

Before the sun could rise, before heading off to work, before his morning run, Gu Hai drove to the best bakery in all of China.
Because today was the beginning of the Moon Festival, most bakeries opened up very early in the morning.
He trotted into the little shop and smiled at the woman who had also gotten up before the world to bake her cakes and goodies.
"One moon cake please." Gu Hai said.
He watched as the woman boxed her first cake of the day, wrap it up nicely, and even put it in a cute bag.
She handed it to him and they finalized the sale.
Stepping outside of the shop, Gu Hai took in the fresh autumn air. He breathed in and exhaled slowly before getting into his car to drive home.
When he arrived, he was grateful to see that the moon still was visible in the sky.  He hurried inside, time was of the essence. He unwrapped the box, leaving the remains on the counter top. He grinned wickedly as an image of Bai LuoYin scolding him about cleaning up his mess ran through his mind.
The house was still dark, so he lit a candle. Placing everything on a breakfast bed tray, he carried it up to his bedroom.
Bai LuoYin was still sound asleep. His breathing was like that of a child's, soft and almost soundless.
Gu Hai walked over to the window and pulled the curtains back as quietly as he could. He smiled as the moon waved at him through the dim sky. It seemed huge, nested just perfectly through his window and purely visible from his bed.
He turned to see Bai LuoYin's skin peeking through the covers. The moonlight kissing his flesh with tender caresses. Gu Hai was instantly jealous.

He wanted his lips to be on his wife's body. He wanted to always be the only one, the only thing, to be blessed with such a gift.
He crept over to his lover and gently pulled the rest of the sheets away. He planted a tender kiss on Bai LuoYin's neck. When there was no movement, he kissed along his jawline. Still no movement.
Gu Hai playfully rooted more kisses on his mouth, one after the other, until Bai LuoYin groaned.
Gu Hai smiled. The moonlight that shone on his face made him look magical.
"Bai LuoYin." Gu Hai cooed.
"Mmm..." He answered half asleep now. He opened one eye to take a look at what mischief Gu Hai was up to and awoke instantly.
There sat Gu Hai holding his tray next to him, a pleasant smile, and the candlelight shining on handsome face.
Bai LuoYin sat up and wiped his eyes. When he could focus, he looked over to see the windows open and the moon witnessing their love.
He smiled then.
Gu Hai put the tray over Bai LuoYin's lap and leaned in for one more kiss.
"Remember the first time I wanted to share a moon cake with you?" Gu Hai asked softly.
Bai LuoYin nodded, "You stuffed it in my mouth." He recalled.
"I've stuffed other things into your mouth after that, bigger things." Gu Hai teased and winked at him.
Bai LuoYin's eyes went wide and he playfully punched him. "Stop, don't ruin the moment!"
Gu Hai laughed and quickly turned serious again.
Bai LuoYin watched as Gu Hai's eyes turned soft. The love that radiated from them warmed his heart.
"Even then, I knew I loved you." Gu Hai said. He picked up a slice of the moon cake and held it to his lover's mouth. "I'll always feed you moon cakes Bai LuoYin. Always and forever."
Tears glistened in Bai LuoYin's eyes. He opened his mouth and Gu Hai fed him his first slice.
They both ate the moon cake as the moonlight slowly faded away. The fresh air that blew through the window enveloped their bodies as Gu Hai pulled Bai LuoYin into his arms to snuggle.
They held each other until Gu Hai secretly looked at the time. It was almost time for his morning run. He figured that he could take advantage a little and started kissing and caressing his wife.
Before long, Bai LuoYin was at the mercy of his husband. They tasted each other, made love to each other, as if time itself had stood still. Every second that passed was cherished. Every minute was drowned in sweet ecstasy.
Moon cakes and kisses were what wrote their love story this morning.
They both bathed in sticky sweetness as the moon vanished and the sun took its turn.