"Month Two."

Ying Yue decided to go on the internet and learn how to knit. Hanging around that huge house that Gu Hai had put them in was beginning to get pretty boring. Besides watching television, there were only board games to play.
At first, it was hard. Weaving her hands the way the instructor had explained was difficult. But she caught the hang of it after about seven tries. 
  Jiang Yifei entered her bedroom after knocking twice and observed her for a minute. "That looks fun. Can I try," she asked.
  Ying Yue nodded and handed her the yarn and straight needles.
  Jiang Yifei saw that there was small scissors,  bags, and measuring tape set aside. "What are those for?" she asked, pointing to all the items on the bed.
  "They make it easier to stay organized and precise," Ying Yue answered.
  Jiang Yifei made a sour face. "Is this going to be hard?"
  Ying Yue laughed. "It isn't as hard as I thought it would be. Practice a few times and you'll eventually get it."
  "Show me," Jiang Yifei said, holding the needle and yarn up.
  Ying Yue showed her what she had learned.
  After a few tries, she had learned how to do it. She startled Ying Yue by screaming out, "I've got it!"
  Ying Yue gasped and playfully tossed some yarn at her. "You'll give me a heart attack!" she hollered.
  They both laughed.
  "I want to knit an entire outfit," Jiang Yifei said excitedly.
  "That's going to take some time," Ying Yue said, "but I'm sure you'll do fine."
  After knitting for an hour, Ying Yue put down her needles and leaned back on the headboard. "Do you think it will be hard to give up these babies?"
  Jiang Yifei looked over at her and thought for a few seconds. "For me, it won't be hard," she said.
  "How come?" Ying Yue asked. 
  Jiang Yifei smiled and said, "Because, Gu Hai and Bai LuoYin are wonderful people. These two babies couldn't have asked for better parents."
  "Don't you worry about what society will think? I wonder if the babies will face hardship because their parents are men.
  Jiang Yifei shook her head and spoke with confidence. "No, I don't. Gu Hai and Bai LuoYin are strong people. They are smart. They will know how to deal with situations like those. These babies are going to be well taken care of. I know that I'll be leaving the baby in capable hands."
  Ying Yue looked at the wall and said, "Sometimes, I doubt that I will be able to give up this child."
  Jiang Yifei jerked her head up and looked at her. "Really?" she asked.
  Ying Yue nodded.
  "We can't do this to them Ying Yue, we promised these guys two healthy babies. It would break their hearts if we went back on our words."
  Ying Yue sighed. "I know. Maybe I'm a bit nervous. I don't know what I'm saying," she said, and picked up her needle and yarn again.
  Jiang Yifei gave her soft eyes. She understood her feelings. When she had signed the contract that Dr. Lee had given to her, she also had the same thoughts. Was she doing the right thing? Giving up her child to strangers was not normal for her, especially because she had no family in the world. But, after getting to know Bai LuoYin and Gu Hai, she found peace in her decision. She grew to love and adore the guys as if they were her own brothers. She always yearned for family, now, she felt as if she had found the family she had been longing for.
  "If you open up more to the guys, maybe you'll find peace and comfort in knowing that these children will be in very loving hands," said Jiang Yifei soothingly. "They have lots of money and seem to want only the best for their children."
  Ying Yue shook her head. "It's not about the money. I know they will be able to provide for these babies. I'm more worried about the bullying and the awkward stares that people will give them. Two men raising children isn't normal in China. They'll have to suffer through hardships."
  Jiang Yifei understood what she meant, and said, "I have faith in Gu Hai and Bai LuoYin. Those two are so much in love, they'll do whatever it takes to make these children happy. They won't ever let harm come to them in any way, emotionally or physically."
  Ying Yue felt a little better. She knew that Jiang Yifei was right. She observed both men. Though they loved each other very much, their love for others had expanded. She knew that it would eventually bleed out onto their children also. She was glad that Jiang Yifei soothed her frantic mind. Deep down in her heart though, she knew the real reason for not wanting to give up her child. It was the fact that she wanted someone to love her. She wanted to be able to return that same love. An unconditional love. Her husband had abandoned that feeling of love when it came to her. Now, she craved love. She tried to concentrate on knitting, but she felt the tears fill her eyes. She fought with all her might not to let them fall from her eyes. She didn't want Jiang Yifei to see her cry. Because she would have to explain. Because she didn't want to. Because love was something all humans wanted in return. To love someone and be loved in return. A baby would love her back, wouldn't it?
  She shook the though from her mind. She couldn't do that. She was on the run from her husband. It wasn't fair to put the child through that kind of life. She was doing this for the money. Using the money to get away from her husband was the master plan from the beginning. She felt as if she was indecisive. Was it her hormones? Was there some kind of chemical imbalance going on inside of her that was making her think this way? She laughed out loud.
  "What's so funny?" Jiang Yifei asked.
  Ying Yue shook her head. "Maybe my hormones is acting up. It could be why I'm speaking like this."
  Jiang Yifei laughed. "It could be! I've read quite a few articles about how our bodies will change along with weird cravings."
  Ying Yue cringed. "I hope that I don't get weird cravings. The thought of ice cream with ketchup on top makes me want to vomit."
  Jiang Yifei broke out laughing and then quickly stopped. Her face was serious. She was in deep thought for a moment, then she got up off of the bed.
  "Where are you going?" Ying Yue asked.
  Jiang Yifei looked embarrassed for a second. She fumbled her words as she headed for the door. "I'm..oh..uh..I'm just going to get something to snack on. I'll be right back."
  Ying Yue eyed her suspiciously and said flatly, "You're going to get ice cream with ketchup on top aren't you?"
  Jiang Yifei let the guilt show on her face. She had been caught. From the moment the dessert with ketchup entered her mind, she craved it.
  Ying Yue threw her needle and yarn on the bed and said, "Hold on, I'm coming with you!"