"Will You Marry Me?"

Yan Ya Jing's limo traveled through the streets. Music blared loudly through speakers and her family members danced and celebrated.
As they drove through the streets, children waved their hands and admired the beauty of it all. Yan Ya Jing waved back and slightly bowed her head at her elders as they passed them by.
When they arrived at Gao's home. Her family members got out of the car. Seven other limos pulled up and Yan Ya Jing's bridesmaids exited the vehicles. All of the sales women from the company were also invited. They formed a crowd in front of Gao's home, blocking the walkway and driveway. They meant to block him from even having one peak at his bride to be.
Yan Ya Jing's heart warmed. She thought of Gu Hai's wedding.
Gao's family came to the door and both fathers shook hands and bowed.
Gao's sister giggled and clapped her hands. This was going to be so much fun!
When Gao finally appeared at the door, he was taken aback at how many people had shown up.
"Can I see my bride?" he asked.
Everyone shouted in unison, "No!"
Gao laughed. He knew it wasn't going to be so easy. He eyed four young girls that blocked his path. He bent down to their level and asked, "May I?"
They all shook their heads and held out their hands. "No!" Yelled everyone else.
He shrugged and pulled out some money. He distributed it evenly amongst them and they blushed. Then they moved out of the way.
Some of Yan Ya Jing's aunts scurried up to block his way.
"May I see the beauty?" he asked.
One of them asked, "What is her favorite food?!"
Yan Ya Jing giggled. She knew Gao knew the answer. There had been many nights that he went out to get it for her.
Gao grinned proudly and said, "Chicken dumplings!"
The aunts blessed him with hugs and kisses and moved out of his way.
Two muscular uncles stepped forth. They put their hands on their hips and gave him a stern look. "You must lift these fifty times!" They handed him two cast iron dumbbells and Gao swallowed the lump in his throat.
He took one in each hand and lifted it high above his head. As he brought it back down, the uncle's counted, "One, two, three..."
Gao finished his fiftieth lift and the crowd cheered gleefully.
Yan Ya Jing laughed.
Ten of the bridesmaids stepped up holding vases that held butterflies. "You must move all of us out of the way without harming these butterflies."
Gao picked each one of them up and set them safely onto the grass. Then, the bridesmaids let the butterflies fly out into the sky.
Yan Ya Jing's father stopped him next. "You must compliment twenty guests!"
Gao smiled and moved from one person to the next, giving them compliments on their looks and clothing.

Gu Hai finally arrived with Bai LuoYin and was next. They looked so handsome in their suits that Yan Ya Jing had to take a peek. "You must arm wrestle me," Gu Hai laughed wickedly. He grinned and rolled up his sleeve.
Someone brought out a small table and sat it down in front of them. Gu Hai and Gao sat in the grass and locked arms.
At first, their muscles clashed with one another's.
Gu Hai was not going to just let this man win! He had to earn it! He gritted his teeth and tightened his grip.
Gao smiled and gave him a fierce look. He was determined to win! Even though he had lifted weights and women out of the way just moments ago. His muscles throbbed but he was ready!
They battled for minutes. One man's arm losing stamina a little, then the other man's.
Bai LuoYin knew his husband was strong. He had faith that Gu Hai would put up a good fight.
Yang Meng and You Qi showed up just as the crowd cheered. They walked up and put their hands on their hips. Watching as the men fought to control the other.
"Go Gu Hai!" Cheered Yang Meng.
"Hey!" Yan Ya Jing objected from a distance.
Gao laughed and increased his strength.
Gu Hai gave him threatening eyes.
Finally, after seven minutes of batting it out, Gu Hai threw the competition. He let Gao win. Having shown great strength and stamina Gu Hai knew that this man would have counted throughout the night if he had to. He shook hands with the other man and embraced him as a brother.
Gao laughed.
"Not so fast!" You Qi said, "You must recite a scene from Romeo and Juliet if you want to get by!"
"Madam!" said Gao's sister, looking over at the car that Yan Ya Jing sat hidden in.
Yan Ya Jing said the next words, sweetly, putting feeling into it. "I come, anon. But if thou meanest not well, I do beseech thee!"
The crowd oohing and aahing made Gao and Yan Ya Jing blush.
"Madam!" Bai LuoYin hollered and Gu Hai playfully pinched his cheek.
"By and by I come. To cease thy strife, and leave me to my grief. Tomorrow will I send." Yan Ya Jing continued.
"So thrive my soul!" Gao said.
The crowd cheered louder.
"A thousand times, good night." Yan Ya Jing ended.
"A thousand times the worse, to want thy light. Love goes toward love as schoolboys from their books. But love from love, toward school with heavy looks." Gao finished.
Everyone cheered and hugged Gao. The remaining family members moved out of the way.
"May I claim my Juliet?" Gao asked nervously.
Everyone cheered and answered, "Yes!" They turned to Yan Ya Jing, who also answered, "Yes."
Gao opened the door and Yan Ya Jing stepped outside. She thought he looked very handsome in red clothing. He thought she was the most beautiful bride he had ever seen.
Gao's father brought the limo that they had decorated to the front of the house and the families left for the marriage ceremony.
Yan Ya Jing loved the way Gao had decorated the limo. Her heart burst from how spectacular it looked.
Upon arriving, the bride and groom stepped out to music and fireworks in the air. A red carpet was lain out for them to walk into the establishment on. It was all so festive!
Inside, Gao kowtowed, paying his respects to his elders and ancestors of the past. He also payed his respects to the Jade Emperor and Buddha. He bowed to both his parents and Yan Ya Jing's father, the heavens, and his spouse.
When the marriage was complete. They returned to their cars and headed to meet Bai LuoYin, Gu Hai and the rest of their guests at the hall for a feast and celebration.
Yan Ya Jing and Gao entered the hall and was mesmerized at how beautiful it had turned out. Yan Ya Jing felt as if she was walking underneath the stars as she made her way to the stage.
Gu Hai grinned at her as everyone clapped their hands to welcome the newlyweds. Jiang Yifei and Ying Yue blew them kisses. Anyone who wanted to say a few words were welcomed to stand and say what they wanted. Drinks were filled, food was served, and music played.
Yang Meng was in charge of everyone signing the book. Once again, he collected red envelopes. But this time, he had You Qi at his side.
Gu Hai bright out boxes with the number 9 written on all of them. It was time to play fun games!
The first game, Gu Hai filled a bucket of iced cold water and put grapes at the bottom of it. The groomsmen took off their shoes and had to use their toes to grab as many grapes out of the bucket as they could within five minutes.
Bai LuoYin won and was gifted a red envelope.
The next game, Gu Hai lined up some more men again. He placed an apple under the first guy's chin and they passed it along the line, without using their hands. The man who dropped the apple had to take a shot out of a mystery cup filled with either sweet, sour, or something spicey drinks.
Bai LuoYin's game was especially for Gao. He tied a chopstick around his waist and asked him to get the chopstick into a beer bottle.
Gao tried his best, but after five minutes, he couldn't make it in. The crowd had cheered him on, but to his fail, took the loss and had to drink the beer within ten seconds. This was something he accomplished without much effort.
The next game was for the ladies enjoyment. Gu Hai asked a few of the men to roll up their pants legs to expose their hairy legs. He organized teams of a man and a woman each. The objective was to wax the man's legs. The women all had a fun time doing so! The couple to have the cleanest waxed leg was Jiang Yifei and You Qi.
"My leg burns!" You Qi complained.
Yang Meng laughed. "You poor baby!"
"Baby? Did someone say baby?!" Gao said.
The audience applauded and cheered. They held up their glasses of wine and drank to the married couple.
"I wish for a nephew soon!" Gu Hai announced. He held up his cup and toasted his with Gao's own. Then he smiled at Yan Ya Jing.
She smiled back and blushed. "Gu Hai..."
Another game they played involved the bride and groom. Gu Hai made them sit in opposite chairs, with their backs to one another, so they couldn't see what the other was doing.
Yan Ya Jing couldn't stop laughing. She knew this game was going to be a bit embarrassing.
Gao, however, was ready. He rubbed both hands together and waited for the questions to start flowing.
Gu Hai took the microphone to ask his first question. He eyed them both wickedly, and said, "When you both first met, who made the first move?"
Gao and Yan Ya Jing both agreed that it was Gao who had made the first move. The audience loved the answer and made adorable noises in approval.
"Who is the better driver?"
Yan Ya Jing and Gao pointed to themselves.
Everyone broke out into hysterics. It was truly funny.
Gao turned to her and objected. "I'm the best!"
Yan Ya Jing shook her head. "You've hit the curb a few times!"
Gu Hai went on. "Who got better grades in school?"
Yan Ya Jing rose her hand. Gao pointed to her.
"Who is more clumsy?"
Yan Ya Jing hid her face as Gao pointed to her.
This made Gu Hai crack up! He laughed with great joy. He knew there were times that his best friend had dropped her coffee and almost tripped walking through the hallways at the office.
"Who is better looking?"
Gao immediately pointed to his bride. Yan Ya Jing smiled pleasantly and pointed to herself.
Her father and his parents laughed and clapped their hands.
"Who is a better cook?"
Gao lifted his hand proudly and Yan Ya Jing agreed.
"Who is the better kisser?" Gu Hai grinned.
The crowd grew hype with excitment. They wanted to know this answer badly!
Yan Ya Jing blushed and pointed to her husband.
The younger generation yelled gleefully. The older generation winced.
"Who spends more money?"
Gao pointed to Yan Ya Jing and she laughed. She stood up and posed in various different ways. The photographer ran up and snapped ten photos of her as her friends all clapped their hands in approval.
By the time the night wound down, the men chatted amidst themselves and the women all gushed over how beautiful everything had turned out.
"Well, it was fun. Let's leave these two love birds alone," You Qi said. He got up from the table and took hold of Yang Meng's hand. Everyone watched as they said their goodbyes and left.
"Those two are next to get married! They're so much in love," Gu Hai said.
Bai LuoYin finished his beer and nodded. "I agree. Their relationship has grown so much over these few months."
Ying Yue swallowed her piece of cake and smiled. "There is so much love going around, it makes me happy to be here."
Jiang Yifei said, "I'm so happy for you both. But I think I'm going to head home also. My feet hurts."
They watched as Ying Yue and Jiang Yifei left.
"We are going to leave also," Bai LuoYin said. "We can follow behind them safely and then we can go home."
Gu Hai nodded and stood up from the table. He kissed Yan Ya Jing on the cheek and shook Gao's hand once more. "Congratulations and I love you both," Gu Hai said and wrapped an arm around Bai LuoYin's waist. They headed for their limo.
"Those two are amazing human beings," Gao said out loud.
Yan Ya Jing smiled. "Yes, they are," she said looking over at him.
He smiled back at her and changed the subject. "We're married now. Are you ready to spend our first night in our new home?"
Yan Ya Jing was thrilled. She jumped to her feet and went to say goodbye to the rest of their guests.
They got into the limo and the driver drove them to their new home.
Yan Ya Jing stepped out of the car and marveled at how gorgeous it was.
A tall, white mansion with pillars stood before her. French windows were all around the front and sides of the house. A rose bush was to the right of the front door, green grass, a fountain that worked, and enough land for children to play safely.
Gao lifted her into his arms and carried her into their home. The next chapter in their lives was about to begin.