"Be Still My Heart."

Yan Ya Jing took the day off from work. She felt tired and drained. Gu Hai hadn't mind, so she lay in bed all morning. Around noon, she ate something and cleaned the house. Gao called to check up on her and she let him know that she was feeling a little better.
  "Don't forget to take all of your vitamins," he said.
  She giggled and he knew that she had forgotten to take them all.
  "So, what are you going to do for the rest of the day?" he asked. His work schedule was light today and he realized that he hadn't spent a lot of quality time with his wife.
  "I don't have much to do," she said. "I've done most of the house chores already."
  Gao thought about her being alone in the house even after she came home from work. They didn't have much visitors and he was at work for longer hours than she was. Then, he had a wonderful idea. "I will have a surprise for you when I get home," he said.
  Yan Ya Jing frowned. "A surprise," she said, "what kind of surprise?"
  Gao laughed. "Wait until I get home. You'll love it!"
  When Gao finally got home, he showered, got dressed, and asked her to wear something casual, something that made her feel comfortable. When she was done, they got into his car and drove off into the setting sun. The drive was lengthy, and she couldn't keep the excitement from bursting within her chest.
  "Where are we going?" she asked again, hoping that he would at least give her a hint.
  Gao grinned over at her. He chose not to say anything. He wanted to see her expression when they arrived.
  Five minutes away, he pulled out a blindfold. "You'll have to wear this," he said.
  "Gao," she said, dragging out his name, objecting to the request. Her bottom lip hung low and she looked at him with pleading eyes.
  "It is going to be worth it," he said, his voice cool and calm, "I promise."
  She took a breath and gave in. He blindfolded her and drove the rest of the way. When he pulled up to the location, he got out and escorted her out of the car. He had to be extra careful, she was pregnant now and she couldn't see. He led her up a flight of stairs and through a doorway.
  "Okay, you can look now," he said.
  She could hear the eagerness in his voice. The way he sounded filled her heart with joy. Whatever he was doing, whatever he had planned, was beyond just making her happy. He wanted to enjoy this as well.
  When she removed the soft fabric from around her eyes, she lost her breath. Every which way that she turned, it was a sight to behold. There were long, glossy windows around the room, roses set up in every corner, and a man standing near a table holding a silver tray in his hand. The table was so elegant that it was hard to take her eyes off of it. She had never seen such a beautiful display in her life. Two long candles were in the middle of the table and the plates were designed in such a way that she knew that they had to be expensive. Even the utensils were exquisite and fancy. Candles were set up throughout the room, a warm glow gave off the promise of a romantic evening.
  "For you my love," he said, kissing her cheek. He took her hand and led her to the table.
  "Where are we?" she asked.
  "This place is called, Chateau Zetian," he said. "It was named after the empress. They built it long ago and turned it into a place that lovers could come to when they wanted to have the perfect date."
  Yan Ya Jing was impressed.
  "We are spending the night here," he said and watched as she became confused.
  "They have room accommodations, so I also got us a room," he said. This time her eyes brightened and she looked happy.
  "Really?!" she squealed, clapping her hands twice.
  The man holding the tray handed them the menu and waited for them to order. Another man walked into the room holding a violin. He started to play as soon as they finished ordering.
  Gao stood up and offered her his hand. "Would you care to dance?" he asked, sounding very much like a gentlemen. Yan Ya Jing giggled and took his hand. She had to admit, he was charming. Holding her hand, he led her to the center of the room and wrapped his free arm around her waist. They began to sway and she rested her cheek on his chest. He was much taller than she was, so her face ended up right under his hard, muscular pecks. She loved putting her head there, even when they lay in bed together. The sound of hearing his heartbeat calmed her soul, made her feel safe, sent a warm feeling throughout her body that left her in a dizzy love spell.
  When the food arrived, he led her back to the table and they ate. They talked about his day at work, the attack on Gu Hai's company, and setting up a room for the baby. Yan Ya Jing was happy. Spending time with her husband was something she needed.
  "Should we hire some help for you?" he asked. "I don't like the fact that you're home alone. When I'm not there, I get worried."
  Yan Ya Jing thought about it it for a second. She could still do most of the house work. Gao did his share and was usually good at it. Did they need someone to help out?
  "I also want you to do less work around the house. Read a book, watch some TV. You're pregnant now, you should be pampered out of your mind," he said.
  Yan Ya Jing laughed. She thought of Jiang Yifei and Ying Yue. It would be nice to be waited on, she thought to herself.
  "We shouldn't debate this," he went on. "You work long hours at the office already. I want you to take it easy."
  She thought about what he had just said. He was right. She had already spoken to Gu Hai about this and he was fine with her taking time off. She couldn't help but doubt the situation though. The company had just been hacked. Could she leave so soon? She wasn't that far along. What if they had another attack? Could the company survive it? What if, this time, the attack was worse? Gu Hai had told her that he was well prepared for her leave and that he could handle it. But, what if he was wrong?
  "I'm going to insist," he said, snapping her thoughts back to him.
  She smiled, pleasantly, full of love. "I'll stay home," she said, "but if Gu Hai needs me, I'll have to help out. I'm part owner, remember?"
  Gao nodded. He was sure that Gu Hai wouldn't need her help, that guy could run the world if he wanted to.
  "Did they find out who hacked the systems?" he asked, then took a sip of his drink.
  She shook her head. "We have the best man for the job, but even he is trying his best to get to the bottom of it. It's difficult for him. Whoever did this has years and years of experience."
  Gao's eyes went wide. It was hard to believe that someone could do such a thing. "Does Gu Hai have any enemies?"
  She shook her head. "Not that I know of. Gu Hai is well respected in the industry."
  Gao squinted his eyes and lowered his head a bit as if he were about to reveal a deep secret. "Maybe it's someone who is jealous of him," he whispered.
  "Could be," she said, "unfortunatly, we can't see what others are thinking."
  "What are you thinking?" he asked.
  She frowned and said, "What do you mean?"
  He smiled. "What are you thinking about our night in a palace like this?" He spread his hands out wide. The candle reflected in his eyes and he looked so handsome. 
  She looked around the room again and took in the swirly patterns embedded in the glass windows. "I want those same windows in our baby's room!" she said and they both laughed.
  After they finished eating, he held her hand again and they strolled through the long hallways of the building. There were oil paintings spread along one of the walls of Wu Zetian and they stopped to take a look them. Yan Ya Jing had to admit, the woman knew how to dress. She wore elegant jewelry, rubys, diamonds, precious gems of all kinds were decorated atop her head, neck, and clothing. She took in the empress's round face. Such a powerful woman, she thought to herself.
  They made their way through more hallways, filled with fresh flowers of all kinds. It was hard to believe that the place was so well kept. Its decor was breathtaking. Only the finest of things were placed in the perfect places, crystal vases, chairs made from fabric flown in from other countries, crystal chandeliers hung high above their heads. It was definitely the most romantic place to be.
  Gao led her out onto a balcony and the air outside filled her lungs. "The idea of this place is so that you'll be at peace," he said. He wanted her to relax and be as calm as possible. Carrying his child and being the mother and wife to him, he only wanted the best for her. He took her into his arms and looked out at the scene before him. The garden was lit with candles that were changed often when the wick burned low. There was a sweet aroma in the air that tickled your senses, but didn't drown out the fresh air that they were breathing. The sun was beginning to set in the distance, the colors in the sky captured their gaze and held it as if they were being hypnotized.
  "I could live here," she said.
  Gao leaned down and kissed her lips. He pulled back and looked deep into her eyes. "It would be nice, but I like our happy home," he said.
  Yan Ya Jing smiled. He was right. Their home was perfect.
  Gao kissed her lips again. Tonight, he wanted to make love to his wife, gently, and with the most care. He wanted to help her relax and forget about her problems, especially her job and Gu Hai.