"You'll Need New Bras!"

The next morning, as if their bodies were in sync with one another's, Jiang Yifei and Bai LuoYin ran into their bathrooms to heave. For Bai LuoYin, it was weird. But for Jiang Yifei, it was because she couldn't stand the smell that was coming from her kitchen. 
Gu Hai was adjusting his tie and laughing. What little humor he got from seeing his 'wife' going through this was something he only found pleasurable. 
"Shut up you donkey!" Bai LuoYin shouted at him while wiping his mouth with some tissue. He got up from the floor and went over to the sink. Gu Hai thought it was cute and walked up behind him, wrapping his arms around his waist. He planted a sweet kiss on his neck.
Bai LuoYin elbowed him in the stomach and Gu Hai let out a grunt. He quickly moved out of the way and continued to get dressed for work.
When Gu Hai left for work, Bai LuoYin was left wondering why he felt the way that he did. How could he get morning sickness? This was unnatural. Why didn't Gu Hai get morning sickness also? Bai LuoYin pouted and stomped over to his closet to get ready.
On the way to work, Jiang Yifei called. He put it on speakerphone and listened as she complained about her own puking habit. 
"I think this is normal, but just in case, we should ask the doctor," Bai LuoYin said.
"This morning, the smell of sausages made me feel ill," she said.
"Is Ying Yue having morning sickness?" he asked.
"Not that I know of. She's sleeping," she said.
Bai LuoYin would have told her about his own morning problem, but he didn't want her to laugh at him. It was bad enough that Gu Hai found it amusing.
"I'll schedule an appointment," he said and hung up. 

Later that day, after work, Gu Hai and Yan Ya Jing went to pick up some more things for her wedding. 
"Bai LuoYin is getting morning sickness," Gu Hai laughed. He locked his car door and took a step towards Yan Ya Jing. 
The wind blew through her hair as she exited her vehicle and she had to fix it before she spoke. "Really?!" she said locking her own car.
He nodded, as he waited for her.
She walked up beside him and said, "And you find this funny?"
He nodded again and snickered, enjoying the conversation.
"Gu Hai, don't tease him like that," she said. But, she had to giggle at the thought of poor Bai LuoYin red as a beet and vomiting. She also got an image of Bai LuoYin with a swollen belly.
As they made their way towards their destination, Yan Ya Jing spotted a maternity store. She lightly tapped Gu Hai’s forearm and signaled for him to follow her. 
When they entered the store, a few people looked over at them. Two women smiled, and two others looked at Gu Hai curiously.
Yan Ya Jing led him towards some clothing. “Let’s look at these,” she said, and started rummaging through hangers. “The ladies are going to need these soon.”
Gu Hai looked up to see a pregnant woman staring at him inquisitively. He ignored her and checked out a few dresses. He liked the ones in light blue and pink. There were a few with flower patterns and teddy bears on them. 
Yan Ya Jing took a step back and observed him. She held in a laugh as she watched him pick up a few items, check the prices, put them back, and move on to the next one. He made a sour face at one piece, put it back, held up another dress, smiled, and threw it over his arm. He looked so adorable as he shopped. She knew the other women were looking at him because of how handsome he was. But it didn’t matter. This hunky man was already married.
When he was finished, he handed over what he had chosen for approval. Yan Ya Jing sorted through the pile and handed him back four items. They paid for them and then headed to the light fixture store a few buildings away.
Inside the lighting store, Yan Ya Jing picked up a few things and examined the workmanship. There were so many lamps, bulbs, and paper lanterns to choose from. She looked over at Gu Hai to see him looking at a boxed item. She moved near him to see what it was that had caught his attention and he blocked her way.
“This is a surprise, I don’t want you to see what I’m getting,” he shooed her away.
She pouted her lips and went to look at some more things on her own.
Gu Hai sorted through a lot of the boxes. He was looking for a string of lights. A certain kind that would twinkle when he hung them up. When he found what he was looking for, his eyes lit up. He picked up twenty boxes and put them into a cart.
Yan Ya Jing eyed him suspiciously. “What are you going to do with all those lights?”
He grinned at her secretly and made his way to the checkout counter. 
When they exited the store, Yan Ya Jing was impressed at how much Gu Hai could muscle. He carried his bags with ease. He even held the bag with the maternity clothes.
“Are you sure you don’t need help?” she asked, a bit concerned.
He shook his head and continued towards their cars.
Yan Ya Jing thought of something as they passed the maternity store again. “Gu Hai, have you bought comfortable shoes for Ying Yue and Jiang Yifei?”
He shook his head. “No, but if they need it, I can get them.”
“You should also purchase a good moisturizer for them, their skin will start to get dry.”
He looked thoughtful. “What else do I need to get?”
Yan Ya Jing searched her brain, then said, “A good pregnancy book, a maternity belt that will support back pain, new bras, and antacid for heartburn.”
“How do you know all these things?!” Gu Hai asked.
Yan Ya Jing blushed and said, “My mother taught me.”