"BoysLoveBoys? Part Two."

"How come you two have never watched a gay series?" Ying Yue asked. Her curiousity had gotten the best of her.
  "I don't think we've ever had the time," Bai LuoYin said and Gu Hai agreed.
  "Tomorrow is Saturday," Jiang Yifei said. "How about we spend the weekend watching some more BL series."
  Ying Yue clapped her small hands joyfully. "Yes, please!" she said.
  Gu Hai and Bai LuoYin thought for a moment.
  "We have dinner with Yang Meng and You Qi tomorrow night," said Bai LuoYin.
  "Invite them over," the chef suggested. "I'll cook something special and we can all watch another series together."
  "Good idea!" Bai LuoYin said. He quickly pulled out his cell and sent a text message to Yang Meng.
  The sun had already set and the women were tired. After the chef had made a cup of tea for everyone and something light to eat, the women suggested that Bai LuoYin and Gu Hai spend the night. Since it was late already, they might as well. Little did they know, the women were plotting.
  When the sun had risen high enough in the sky, Jiang Yifei and Ying Yue crept into Gu Hai and Bai LuoYin's bedroom to wake them. Gu Hai groaned, but Bai LuoYin awoke without objection.
  "Tell Yang Meng and You Qi to come over now," said Ying Yue in a somewhat pleading voice. "They can have breakfast with us."
  Bai LuoYin did as he was told. Yang Meng and You Qi showed up in no time, but there was something a bit off between them both. It seemed as if they were barely speaking to one another. Tension between them was obvious.
  They all ate breakfast and then was pulled onto the couch for some more boy-on-boy action. Being as it was very early in the morning, the women wanted to finish at least two series before the day was over.
  "What are we going to watch?" You Qi asked. "Is it something starring me?"
  Gu Hai laughed out loud. "Just you wait and see," he teased. He couldn't wait to see their reaction.
  Grey Rainbow was what Jiang Yifei put on next. It was in four parts and had a very high, must see, rating.
  "Is this some kind of love story?" asked You Qi.
  "It is," Jiang Yifei said.
  You Qi and Yang Meng made eye contact and quickly looked away. They were still not speaking to one another. Ever since You Qi had hung up the phone on Yang Meng, they hadn't spoken to each other.
  Bai LuoYin and Gu Hai noticed the tension between them but said nothing. They even noticed that the two were sitting far apart from one another. Gu Hai wanted to ask what the problem was, but he didn't want to embarrass them. If he had been alone with You Qi, he would have asked.
  When the series started, everyone made themselves comfortable. They watched as Nuer, the son of an elephant camp owner, met Porsche, a law student.
  As parts of the series went by, Gu Hai stole glances at Bai LuoYin. His thoughts were loving. He wrapped an arm around his lover and pulled him close. He was beginning to like spending quality time with everyone. Bai LuoYin cuddled up close to him and even rested his head back onto his chest.
  When they got to the end of the series, they all were in tears.
  You Qi moved closer to Yang Meng and whispered, "I'm sorry."
  Yang Meng turned to him with tears streaming down his face. "It's okay," he said and embraced his lover. They both realized that life was too short. One thing that they had learned from watching the series was that being mad at each other was something so small. If one of them suddenly died one day, the other wouldn't know how to carry on living after. The time spent with one another was precious. It shouldn't be taken for granted.  
  Ying Yue and Jiang Yifei were also crying. They loved that Yang Meng and You Qi learned something valuable from watching the series. Bai LuoYin and Gu Hai also looked as if they were enjoying themselves.
  "That was so beautiful," Jiang Yifei sniffled. She took a few tissues from a box nearby and wiped at her face.
  "The way they loved each other was beautiful," Ying Yue added.
  "Can we watch something more uplifting?" Gu Hai said. "All this crying might not be good for the babies," he added.
  Bai LuoYin wiped at his own eyes and agreed.
  The chef quickly whipped up something tasty and they ate as they continued their romance series marathon.
  The next series was called '2 Moons'. They watched as Wayo pined for Phana. The comedy was hilarious, yet adorable, and they had fun watching it. The romantic parts left them breathless and wanting more.
  "Wayo should just grab him by the head and lock his lips all over his!" Gu Hai said out loud.
  "No way! He should be gentle like a rose petal," Jiang Yifei objected.
  Towards the end of the series, Gu Hai says, "I would have bought so many roses, I'd be broke."
  Bai LuoYin punched him in the arm and said, "Who?! Who will you buy roses for?!"
  Gu Hai rubbed his arm defensively and answered quickly, "You my love, only you!"
  Bai LuoYin frowned and eyed him with a death stare.
  Ying Yue laughed. "I love flowers," she said.
  "You Qi buys me flowers all the time. I like them, but I can't smell them too often. It makes me sneeze," Yang Meng complained.
  When the series was over, Yang Meng and You Qi said their goodbyes and headed home. They agreed to come over early in the morning to watch another series.
  "You two love watching this kind of stuff," Gu Hai said to the women. He had been observing their reactions throughout the entire night. He could tell that watching this kind of thing made them happy. He didn't even mind that the chef watched, he too was enjoying the stories. It made Gu Hai question if the chef was also gay. He shook the thought from his mind and decided not to ask. It wasn't his business and the chef was perfect at doing his job.
  They all went to bed and dreamed of romance that night.
  The next morning, Yang Meng and You Qi showed up on time and in a better mood. They all sat down to eat breakfast and chatted.
  "Have any of you invested in the gay culture?" asked Ying Yue. "I mean, do you know any gay clubs or bars anywhere?"
  Bai LuoYin were about to put some food into his mouth and stopped mid-motion to shake his head.
  "Really?" Jiang Yifei said. This puzzled her. "Did any of you know you were gay when you were younger?" she asked.
  "I didn't realize that I was until I saw how much I fought to be with Bai LuoYin," said Gu Hai. "The need to be by his side, to protect him always, helped me come to that conclusion.
  Ying Yue's eyebrows rose and fell. "So, you were attracted to girls at first?" she asked.
  Gu Hai nodded. "Yes, very much. But, I think that we cannot help who we fall in love with. Love is a magic that's more powerful than your own mind." 
  "I agree," You Qi said. He drank some orange juice and added, "I think once your heart speaks to another's heart, the language is so alien, we cannot control it."
  "You lose whatever game your mind and body plays. The heart takes full control," Yang Meng said. "Trust me, I've tried to fight my feelings for You Qi. In the end, my heart won that war."
  "Very true," Bai LuoYin said. "It's as if the heart knows best, before you do!"
  Jiang Yifei gushed. "I want to fall in love like that," she said, pouting her lips as if she were sad.
  "One thing I have learned from love is that you never go looking for it. It finds you," said the chef. "It happens when you least expect. One day, fate brings two people together and then magic happens."
  "I believe in love," Jiang Yifei said.
  "Do you believe that mistakes happen?" Ying Yue asked.
  Everyone looked at her with curious eyes.
  "How do you mean? Give me an example," Gu Hai said.
  Ying Yue looked embarrassed. She did not mean to blurt out the words. But, they fell from her lips too quickly.
  "What if you meet someone, fall in love, get married, and it turns out that he was not the one for you?" Jiang Yifei said. She hoped that Gu Hai and Bai LuoYin didn't question Ying Yue after. She wanted to take the attention away from her.
  "Well," Gu Hai said, "I think that in life, we meet people who are with us as we have seasons. They are also meant to teach us certain lessons, like love, how to care for another, how to love yourself and know how you should be treated in a relationship."
  "Your heart weeds out the bad ones and tells you which ones are worthy of you," added the chef.
  Ying Yue thought to herself. She looked down at her cup and knew that her husband didn't deserve her. Would she one day find her soulmate, her true love, the one who would let her be herself and not try to control her or tell her what to eat, what to wear, who to talk to. Times had changed. She was not living in a world where women were told what to do anymore. There were strong, independant women, all over the world.
  Jiang Yifei also wanted to find love. One thing that she had learned from watching all the BL series was that love existed in the world. Somewhere out there, someone was made for you. He or she was just waiting for fate to bring them together.
  To change the mood, Jiang Yifei decided it was time to start the next BL series. They gathered in the living room and spent the entire day watching 'Water Boy The Series' and 'Advance Bravely'.
  When it was over and everyone had went to bed, Jiang Yifei went into Ying Yue's bedroom. She wanted to talk to her about what had happened eariler. Her blurting things out the way that she did might have raised Gu Hai and Bai LuoYin's suspicion. If she continued to do things like that the guys would start asking questions, questions she might not be prepared to answer.
  "Ying Yue," Jiang Yifei said, taking a seat on the edge of her bed. She gave her a cup of tea in a saucer and continued to speak. "Today, when you asked that question, were you hurting?"
  "What do you mean?" Ying Yue frowned, blowing the tea so that it would cool down.
  "Did watching all those love stories make you feel sad?" asked Jiang Yifei, after sipping her own cup of tea.
  Ying Yue blinked at her, thought for a moment, and then nodded. "I think that I feel unloved," she half-whispered. She looked down at the tea floating around in her cup to avoid eye contact.
  Jiang Yifei pressed her lips together and tilted her head to the side. "Is that why you thought that keeping the baby was a good idea?"
  Ying Yue nodded again and said, "I think that we all are searching for love. I want to be loved also." The sadness spilled out from her eyes and bled into her cheeks. Her chin quivered, indicating that she was on the verge of crying.
  With her free hand, Jiang Yifei reached out and squeezed her leg through the sheets. She felt compassionate sympathy for her friend. To feel as if no one loved you in the world was a horrible feeling. She also was familiar with this feeling. She leaned in closer and said, "You told me that your husband has your passport. How will you be able to leave the country?"
  "With the money that Gu Hai and Bai LuoYin is giving to me, I'll be able to obtain a new one. That's the easy part. I'm just concerned about when I want to visit the baby," Ying Yue said.
  Jiang Yifei's eyes went wide. "Are you saying that you don't want to keep the baby anymore? You've changed your mind?"
  Ying Yue nodded. "Yes. I can't keep this child. If I'm running from my husband, I can't keep this baby safe. You were right. Gu Hai and Bai LuoYin are the only ones who can give the baby the best life possible. Even though I will miss the baby, I don't know how safe I'll be coming back and forth. What would happen if he finds me? What if he finds me and I have the baby with me. If something happened, I'd never forgive myself."
  "I'm happy that the guys want us to be in the babies lives, but thinking about it now, you have a point. How violent can your husband get?" Jiang Yifei asked concerned. She watched as a look passed across the other woman's face. It was worry and scared at the same time.
  "I feel as if Xiaoping would kill this child if he knew it was for another man," Ying Yue said looking up at her. Tears fell from her eyes. She squeezed the tiny cup handle so tightly that it made her fingers turn white.
  "Xiaoping," Jiang Yifei said, "That's his name?"
  Ying Yue nodded slowly. It wasn't until now that she had the courage to say her husband's name out loud. Just the thought of him finding out that she was pregnant for another man sent shivers down her back.
  They drank their tea in silence and went to bed.
  Sunday morning, they all met up once more for their last drama, 'My Bromance the series'. It was good and they cheered on the couple as if they were their real life best friends. After it was done, they all felt that the ending was delightful. The chef cooked dinner and they all ate and chatted about what their plans were for the week.
  "I have to distract Gao so that Yan Ya Jing can plan his surprise party on Tuesday," Gu Hai said.
  "I once had to do that," Ying Yue said. What she didn't say was that it had been for her husband. She had tried to surprise him once, the second year that they were married, but it didn't go so well. He had set up cameras throughout the house secretly and had seen strange men coming into the house with flowers and strange boxes. Her husband had left work, driven home, and had backhanded her across the face as soon as he had entered the house. He grabbed her by the shirt collar and ignored the blood that had erupted from her lips and all over the kitchen's white marble floor. He wrapped his huge hand sround her throat and squeezed until the white in her eyes turned red. She had clawed at his grip until he let her go.
  Ying Yue shook the vision from her mind. Her hands trembled and she quickly tucked them under her bottom so that no one could see.
  "Do you two want to come?" Gu Hai offered, looking over at her and Jiang Yifei. "It would be great for you both to get out of the house for a bit. I know you two are tired of staying at home and just watching television."
  "Yes!" Jiang Yifei shouted. She eyed Ying Yue excitedly. It had been a while since they both stretched their legs, went for a walk, or even stayed fit. Also, it would be good to get out there and do something while they still could. They didn't know if they would be able to still do such things after their bellies got bigger and their feet began to swell.
  Ying Yue felt her heart race. There was a sinking feeling in the pit of her stomach. Something told her not to go.
  "I insist," said Gu Hai. "You two need to get some fresh air."
  After hearing him say that, Ying Yue felt a sting of guilt. She watched as Bai LuoYin nodded in agreement. He also had a semi-serious expression on his face.
  "Okay," she mumbled.
  "Yay!" Jiang Yifei shouted. Her face had lit up like the sun.
  Jiang Yifei felt bad. Her friend shouldn't have to suffer because she wanted to stay out of sight. But it was important to her to stay safe. If Xiaoping could beat her, mistreat her and do all those other horrible things, he was more than capable of hurting another human being. She caressed her stomach at the thought and tried to steady her breathing. She didn't want Tuesday to come too fast. She silently prayed that Gu Hai would change his mind somehow. She wished that she hadn't given in so easily. She tried to calm her thoughts. Stress was not good for the baby.
  Jiang Yifei saw the look that past across her friends face. She glanced at Bai LuoYin and Gu Hai to see if they had noticed and was relieved to see that they were not paying attention to them anymore. Gu Hai was teasing Yang Meng. She smiled at Ying Yue as if to say, it's going to be alright, and then handed her a glass of warm water to drink. Keeping this secret for her friend was tiring. But she understood the importance. Ying Yue needed some security in her life. She needed to feel safe. She needed to feel loved. Jiang Yifei promised herself that she would do her best to keep her friend safe. No matter what.