"Walking On A Thin Line."

The next morning, after Gu Hai had left for work, Bai LuoYin crawled out of bed and duck-walked to the bathroom. Yes, he was sore. His butt hurt and it was difficult to walk. He had a sudden urge to place an ice pack on his butt. 
  As he brushed his teeth, he thought about his swollen ass and realized that Gu Hai had never done this kind of thing before. It brought the saying, fuck you into next week, a whole new meaning. He wondered what possessed his husband to do such a thing last night. He would be sore for days. He shrugged, spit into the sink, and froze. What if Gu Hai wanted to make love to him again tonight? No, he thought in horror. He looked at himself in the mirror and knew that he couldn't fight off Gu Hai. That man had firmness of purpose!
  He took his time getting dressed, called out from work, checked in with Ying Yue and Jiang Yifei, and ate something. When Gu Hai called to check up on him, he did his best to sound unbothered, even though he could feel how swollen his poor hole had become. When he hung up the phone, he hobbled towards the refrigerator.

  You Qi could not concentrate at work. He sat at a table doing a read-through with his co-stars, rehearsing their lines for a new commercial. The actor to his left read his lines and it was You Qi's turn to read, but he had zoned out. 
  "You Qi," someone said across from him.
  You Qi played the events through his mind as if it were stuck on replay. Over and over, he saw Yang Meng get on the bus, run away, as if he needed to get away from him. He blinked at the page in front of him and replayed it over in his mind. Why? He thought to himself. 
  "You Qi," someone said and touched his shoulder.
  He looked at the actress to the right of him, stared at her as if she was something he couldn't understand, stood up, and left the room. He went into the restroom, leaned against the wall for a few seconds, walked over to the sink, turned on the faucet, splash water across his face, and then looked at himself in the mirror. The only thing on his mind was Yang Meng. He could care less about the script and his new commercial. Hell, he would give it all up to be with Yang Meng. He walked over to the door, opened it, and left the building. His phone rang, was answered on the other end, and he told his worried manager to cancel the rest of his evening events. Then he drove to Yang Meng's house. 

  Yang Meng made his way into the huge building. He slightly bowed at the two lovely women that walked past him, exiting the building he had built up courage to enter. He wiped the forming sweat from his forehead and trotted over to the receptionist who looked at him suspiciously. 
  "I'm here to see your president," he said, nervously.
  "Do you have an appointment?" she asked, eyeing him up and down.
  "Um, no, not really," he chuckled. "But can you tell him that Yang Meng needs to see him? Please?" 
  "If you do not have an appointment, I don't think you can see him today," she said. "Who did you say you were?" 
  "Yang Meng," he repeated.
  "Oh!" she said, her eyes opening wider. She stood up from her desk. "You're the guy that's dating You Qi!" She melted as she mentioned You Qi's name and then bit her bottom lip.
  "Um," Yang Meng said. He wasn't sure what to do or say next. 
  "I will be right back!" she said, leaving her desk and running up to another woman that was walking by. She exchanged words with her, pointed at him, then the other woman nodded and left. The receptionist walked back to him and said, "President Gu is in a meeting, but today, Yan Ya Jing is here. Please wait a minute."
  Yang Meng nodded and went to sit on the couch in the lobby. He had tried to call Gu Hai earlier, but he didn't answer. He had wondered if Gu Hai had rejected his call because let's face it, Gu Hai didn't like anyone in Bai LuoYin's life. He always made it difficult to actually be friends with him. To tell the truth, he wasn't sure how Gu Hai really felt about him or You Qi. He was scared that the real truth would hurt him too much. Gu Hai was always so cold towards him. You Qi on the other hand got to chat and joke with him sometimes. But even that experience felt strained and forced at times. Could he handle the truth? Could he take it if he found out that Gu Hai despised him or couldn't stand being around him?
  Yan Ya Jing appeared in the lobby, smiled at him as he stood up, and said, "How are you? What brings you here today?"
  Yang Meng took in how beautiful she looked and smiled. He bowed. She bowed back and they sat back down. "I wanted to talk to Gu Hai about something," he said. "Bai LuoYin suggested it." 
  Yan Ya Jing nodded. "Oh," she said. "I'm sorry, but he's in a meeting for the rest of the day." 
  Yang Meng looked disappointed. He sighed, and got up to leave.
  Yan Ya Jing saw the troubled look on his face and a vision of her bumping into him at the grocery store after so long re-played in her head. "Is it something that I can help you with?" she asked, taking a chance that maybe he would open up to her. 
  He hesitated for a second, looked out at all the people walking around in the lobby, and shook his head. He played with his fingers, took a deep breath, adjusted himself as if nothing was wrong and took a few steps towards the exit.
  "I'm a great listener," Yan Ya Jing said after him. She could tell it was something serious. If Yang Meng came all the way here to see Gu Hai, she wanted to make sure that Gu Hai saw him, even if it meant that she interrupted his meeting for a second. He had even said, Bai LuoYin suggested it. 
  Yang Meng turned back towards her and looked at her for a moment. She was Gu Hai's best friend, same as he was Bai LuoYin's best friend, right? He turned and walked back to the couch, sat down, swallowed the lump in his throat, and said, "Does Gu Hai truly hate me?" 
  Yan Ya Jing almost laughed. "I believe that Gu Hai doesn't like anyone besides Bai LuoYin," she said. 
  He almost smiled, looked down at his hands, and nodded in agreement. 
  "Let me tell him that you're here to see him," she said and got up to leave.
  "How do you know he'll see me?" he asked. 
  Yan Ya Jing smiled at him pleasantly and said, "Bai LuoYin suggested it, didn't he? Our Gu Hai would stop every meeting he ever had if Bai LuoYin suggested it." 
  She turned and left the room and he smiled. Yes, it was true.