47. Tea & biscuits

After the massacre, Anon is driving down the streets of Islington to his grandparents' place. He arrives and he sees his grandparents relaxing on the porch having some biscuits and tea. His Nana sees Edwin exiting his car.

Nana: "Oh, hello Ed- OH DEAR, GOODNESS!"

She gasps at the sight of seeing Anon covered in blood. Anon takes his neck gaiter off his face and walks forward only to be stopped by Grandad.

Grandad: "My, oh my, my boy what happened?"

Anon: "Clan Kelley. They held a slave auction not too far and I went overkill...so is it alright for me to wash all the blood off me?"

Grandad: "Well...done my boy. You did well."

Anon: "Huh? What?"

Grandad: "Not too long ago Freddie, a friend of mine was kidnapped by those rascals and was badly hurt afterwards. Now he's recovering in hospital. Anywho, come along now, I'll get your grandmother to buy you a new pair of clothes.

Anon nods and walks inside the house and Grandad guides him to the bathroom. Anon gets in the bathroom and he closes the door, locks it and takes all his clothes off and gets in the shower. He rinses off the blood on his face and hair and even on his hands. He keeps showering himself and uses soap and shampoo and he rubs it all in and rinses everything off. He then finishes up and he walks out the showers wearing a towel around his waist. Then, a knock on the door is heard.

Nana: "Edwin, I got you some new clothes."

Anon: "Thanks, Nana! Alright, just leave them at the door."

Nana: "Ok."

She leaves the bag of clothes at the bathroom door and Anon opens the door slightly and grabs his new pair of clothes and he brings it in. The clothes are a black leather jacket, a new white top, blue jeans, boots and a black pair of gloves. He then walks out dressed in it and he feels something in his pocket, a black pair of sunglasses.

Anon: "Neat."

Then Nana and Grandad walk in.

Nana: "You look absolutely brilliant in that outfit! Just like Grandad here back in the 70s. Here's our picture."

She grabs it from the side and she hands it to Anon and it shows Nana and Grandad looking younger. Probably in their early 30s. Grandad is shown wearing a leather jacket with a white top and a pair of sunglasses while Nana is wearing a hoodie and sunglasses and earrings.

Anon: "Whoa, that's you and Grandad? You looked so much cooler back then."

Nana laughs and Grandad walks in with a cup of tea.

Grandad: "Ah, my boy I see you're trying to look like me eh? Except the leather jacket's got a different design. Really suits you. Oh and by the way, some of our friends are coming over. Ms Lawrence, Dwight and an old friend of mine from MI6, Mr Alfred. They'll be here soon, my boy!"

(Anon's leather jacket is the leather jacket from the shop, Jacobus which is a clothing store in Watch Dogs Legion)

Anon: "Right. I'm gonna hang out for a bit to say hi."

Nana: "Sure thing! Alright, I'll get you some er...what is it you like?"

Anon: "Tea. Well I prefer drinking diet coke, but unfortunately you don't like it so I'm sure you don't have anything."

Nana: "Oh nonsense, we have it right here!"

She grabs it and places it on the counter, surprising Anon slightly.

Anon: "What the-

Nana: "Oh, relax now, Edwin we knew you liked it. Remember? Since we joined DedSec, we've been given these phones."

Anon: "Oh, right. I forgot about that. Uhm, don;t you think you're um...too old?"

Nana: "Too old? Oh you cheeky arse!"

Everyone laughs and Grandad looks outside to see some cars pull up. Then some elders walk out of it with a man holding a cane.

Grandad: "Oh look! They're here."

They walk in and one of the elders, which is Mrs Megan looks at Anon in surprise.

Mrs Megan: "AH! Elise, who's that?!"

Nana: "Lucy, calm down, now. This is Edwin, remember him?"

Mrs Megan: "Goodness! You look so much older! Last time I saw you you were just a little tot! You were once a meter, but now...goodness look at you! You look just like your grandad over there back in 1972! Goodness, I cannot believe it!"

Mr Dwight: "Oh dear, me! Is that Edwin? Look at him! He's getting taller and taller every day! It's like the year's going by quick!"

Ms Lawrence: "Goodness gracious! Lyra and Daniels' child! Edwin you look so older!"

Anon: "Ms LAwrence! Mr Dwight, everyone it's nice to see you again!"

Everyone laughs and they walk in to have some tea. Anon drinks up his diet coke. He then grabs out his phone and Bagley is on the line.

Bagley: "What's my favourite operative up to today? And no, I didn't say that to the others."

Anon: "Relaxing with my grandparents, Bagley."

Bagley: "Oh, you mean Elise and Henry?"

Anon: "Yeah. Anywho, what's going on?"

Bagley: "It's not good news. It turns out after attacking the Kelleys' slave auction, they now want you dead more than ever. They're heading to the house. So, hide! And let your grandparents handle it."

Mrs Lawrence: "Goodness, those thugs coming over?"

Anon: "I want to handle 'em. I'm not gonna let my grandparents fight them, Bags!"

Nana: "Edwin, trust us, we got this."

Anon nods and he hides in the kitchen behind the counter. Then, they hear tires screetching outside and then they hear banging on the door and it breaks open. The elders act calm and face the table with their eyes closed to make it look like that they're sleeping. Then a Kelley thug walks in armed with a shotgun and dressed in blue.

Kelley charger: "Where is he?! Where's that slimey shite that ruined our auction?!"

Then, Mr Dwight uses his cane to make the Clan kelley thug trip and fall. He then grabs out a silenced pistol from his pocket and shoots the thug in the back. Then a Kelley thug with a pistol rushes in to see what happened only to see Nana walk up armed with a silenced pistol and she rushes up and shoots the thug in the stomach 6 times and he falls.

Nana: "That's for trying to kill my grandson you bloody f*ck!"

Anon looks over the counter to see the elders getting up armed with guns and they look outside to see that that's the last of them.

Mrs Megan: "They're all dead. Just like how I did it in the 80s...that was just as impressive! I hope no more of these cheeky f*kcers come on down."

Then, Anon's phone rings and Nana looks at Anon.

Nana: "It's alright, answer that phone darling."

Anon: "Thanks, Nan! You're the best!"

He answers it and it's Erin.

Anon: "Hello?"

Erin: "Edwin, where are you?"

Anon: "Busy, I'm at my Nana's place. Why, what's going on?"

Erin: "Your mission, remember?"

Anon: "Right! Alright, I'm resuming it now. Bagley mark the location of NeoGate."

Bagley: "Marked. Get out there now!"

Anon: "On it. Nana I need to get moving!"

Nana: "Of course. Go, we'll see you soon yeah?"

Anon: "Yeah, see you later Nana! You too Grandad and everyone else."

He rushes towards the couch to grab his backpack and he leaves out the door and everyone waves goodbye as he heads down teh streets towards his destination.

Nana: "Oh, he left his old clothes! I guess I'll wash them."

To be continued...