16. Digging up the past

After their mission, Simon and Apatite exit the double-decker bus and walk down towards the pub which has the DedSec hideout. Simon enters the hideout with Apatite and everyone is gathered near the screen where Sabine is.

Sabine: "Well done, team. It's good to see the safehouse filling up again. The only way we're going to keep London from falling into total oppression is by rebuilding the resistance. We need to recruit, train, build back our arsenal. the people are itching to rise up and take their city back. We just need to show them that DedSec are fighting along with them."

Simon smiles and the others talk about it and agree.

Althea: "That's all well and good, but it's the power-brokers that need to be brought down."

Aventurine: "Albion has taken over London and they've turned it into a warzone, they've been arresting or killing anyone that has the audacity to rebel against them."

Jeremiah: "And don't forget that Clan Kelley is running the largest crime syndicate in London. And Albion isn't giving a single shit about that."

Bagley: "Fair. But remember that this "Zero-Day" hacker group is still out there. They took out dedSec once, and it's a good bet they'll try again. I believe they were responsible for the bombings and framed DedSec. With your help, I plan to get to the bottom of this mystery."

Sabine: "I'd say that's a full docket. Enough talk. Let's unf*ck London."

The briefing ends and everyone gets up and heads to their stations in the hideout. The heroes are relaxing in the old train in the hideout and Anon gets up and stretches his neck. David and the others get up and Pearl is on her phone.

David: "Pearl what are you doing?"

Pearl: "Contacting Emma, the other Pearl. Telling her to meet me at a nearby cafe."

David: "Good, the more the merrier."

Then Bagley speaks with Anon on his Optik.

Bagley: "I've found a lead that may help us unravel more about Zero-Day and the bombings we ate shit for. I've picked up an encrypted signal from the TOAN conference site that's been broadcasting on a loop since the night of the bombing. Go investigate. You might even get to try out that fancy new AR tech we stole--I mean, 'creatively shared'."

Anon: "Hm, sure thing. In fact, I'm gonna leave this task to someone else Bags."

Bagley: "Ok. As long as they get on with it then."

He looks at Erin and smiles, he gets on the catwalk and claps twice, signaling everyone to listen to him.

Anon: "Alright, everyone. There's a new mission, Bagley wants one of us to head to the TOAN conference bombing site, this time I want David out on this mission."

David: "Me? Alright then, to the TOAN conference bombing site was it?"

Anon: "Yes. Alright, David, head on out there."

David nods and he kisses Pearl on the forehead and ruffles Jennifer's hair. They smile as David leaves the hideout up to the surface. David uses his phone and hacks into an autonomous car, causing it to stop, and he gets inside it and drives it to the TOAN bombing site. He arrives at a bridge next to the site and he looks over the railing and looks at the site. It was a large building now partly destroyed after the bombings. Below, he can see people lighting up candles near pictures and someone puts up a Union Jack flag before praying.

David: "I don't come here so often because of this. I don't like watching people cry."

Victor: "And all these months later, it's been taken over by Albion bitches. Suspicious, no?"