57. Hunting Zero-Day

After his "time" with the Liaison, Simon is now walking to Westminster Abbey dressed in a more casual outfit than a suit. He's now wearing a DedSec hoodie, fingerless gloves, jeans and sneakers and a DedSec T-Shirt. He then arrives at Westminster Abbey and Bagley's on the line.

Bagley: "You've arrived at Westminster Abbey, final resting place of noted cousin-f*cker King Edward 1st."

Simon: "Really? Is that really relevant, Bagley?"

Bagley: "It is if you're his cousin. Anyway, have a seat. I'll notify Malik you've arrived."

Simon: "You know what, Bagley? You can be gross at times."

He laughs and sits down on the bench and hums his favourite song, Planet Earth by Duran Duran. As he waits he checks on his phone and reads some profiles of random people. Then, Richard Malik arrives looking paranoid.

Richard: "I have to walk away. I haven't slept in 76 hours. I.. I can't do this."

Simon: "You're probably just tired."

Richard: "No. I'm afraid."

Simon then looks at him with concern.

Richard: "I know who runs Zero-Day and I don't think I can beat her."

Simon: "Hm, now give me the name, please."

Richard then looks at him with worry and he's also sweating.

Simon: "I'm not asking."

Richard: "Alright. I'm trusting you with this."

He then grabs his briefcase and opens it.

Richard: "My analysis indicates that Zero-Day is led by the current director of SIRS counterterrorism. Emma Child."

He then grabs a photo of him and Emma Child, revealing that they were friends once.

Richard: "Legend has it she's the reason that Gorbachev survived the coup in '91

Richard: "Legend has it she's the reason that Gorbachev survived the coup in '91. But more than that... She's my friend."

He then puts the photograph away and closes his briefcase.