33. Gap In The Armour

Meanwhile, in Westminster Square, Westminster...

Mia, Althea and Aventurine are eating burgers and are watching the 6 anarchists they've recruited protest against Albion forces there. Then, Althea gets a call from Bagley.

Althea: "What's up, Bags?

Bagley: "Anon or Edwin is busy having a shag party with some gems which Erin recruited. It's just the American gems and hackers, you 2, Erin, the anarchists and everyone else except the new gems and Anon. But anyway, since we're waiting for our cordial invitation to Mary Kelley's tasteless theme party, we can finally get back to what really matters: solving the mystery of Zero-Day. Who are they, and why did they frame DedSec for the bombings?"

Althea: "Ok...Bagley you didn't have to tell me about Anon sleeping with those new gems Erin recruited. Anyway, what have we got now Bags?"

Bagley: "Glad you asked! Today, the great AI detective has 2 leads for his dogsbody politic. Obviously, Albion needs looking into, but I also have a more unusual thread for you to pull on. There's a new hacktivist group in the dark web scene called "The 404." But instead of being in it "for the lulz," this lot seems to be in it "for the brutal reshaping of society by any means necessary." Sound like anyone you know?"

Althea: "I got a few options then."

Bagley: "I've marked both on your Optik."

Althea: "Wonderful. Everyone, finish up. We've got a mission to do."

Then, Sabine is on the line with Althea.

Sabine: "I hate putting Mary Kelley on the backburner while she continues to destroy lives with those microchips, but for now we've no choice."

Bagley: "Then perhaps it's time to have a closer look at the elephant in the room - Nigel Cass. Billionaire warmonger and current CEO of our local thugs, Albion PMC"

Sabine: "Cass certainly profited most from the bombings. We can inspire London to resist from now till forever but it still won't break Albion's grip on the city. Not with Cass at the top."

Althea: "Hm, I thought about this earlier. If we want to put a stop to Albion from stepping all over us, we have to kill Cass. So, what's your plan, Sabine?"

Sabine: "Bagley's come across a possible gap in Cass's armour. An ex-insider, ex-friend, with an ex to grind. He'd assist if we can find and convince him to work with us. Come to the safehouse. We'll talk it through."

Althea: "Understood."

She ends the call.

Althea: "Alright everyone, eat up and let's move!"

Aventurine and Mia eat up quickly, finishing up their burger and drink up their sodas.

Timeskip...

They're now sitting on the couch and Venus joins in on their conversation after she was jogging in Nine Elms. Prasiolite is there too after shopping in an expensive clothing store. Bagley begins his meeting.

Bagley: "Right. Let's talk about Albion PMC, the only British organization to successfully oppress more of the developing than the British government. Led by Nigel Cass, a man the partisan calls a "charismatic visionary", and Amnesty International calls "a war criminal". Albion was given the key to the city to re-establish order following the bombings."

Althea: "And it's quite some suspicious timing if you ask me."

Sabine joins in on their meeting. Her icon appears on the screen.

Sabine: "It is. So that's 2 reasons why we need to find an angle on Cass."

Bagley: "We've found one. His name, Hamish Bolaji. Born London, Bolaji was a recipient of the Cass Foundation technical scholarship at 14, which included a mentorship with Cass himself. At 16, Bolaji designed Cass' first drone fleet. Fun fact: Cass delayed the launch by a week so it would land on Bolaji's birthday."