34. Inside Albion

5 minutes later...

Aventurine groans and she opens her eyes. She can see that the boat's on fire and she gets up and looks around for Prasiolite. She spots her and she rushes over to help her.

Aventurine: "Prasiolite. Pras, hey, hey. You alright?"

Prasiolite is shown to be unconscious and Aventurine has no choice but to hoist her up and take her to safety. She hacks into a cab, causing it to stop and places Prasiolite in the passenger seat and she drives it to Westminster, on her way back she gets a call from Hamish.

Hamish: "Alright chief, that was a pretty slick escape. I believe you. So I'll say this: Nigel is planning something and I don't think I can stop him on my own. If DedSec's everything I've heard, you'll help me."

Sabine: "We can help each other. There's a chance Cass had something to do with the bombings. What could he be planning that's worse than that?"

Hamish: "No, no that's not like him. Well not exactly. See, Nigel's got to see himself as the hero. He's an arrogant twat but he's not a cynic. Every place we'd go into, he'd--we would have some mad plan to fix all its problems with robot police or automated crop fertilizing or some shit. Society was a technical problem, and people are just bugs in the software, y'know? You work around 'em or you squash 'em. Sorry chief, I gotta switch proxy servers so they don't trace me. I'll hit you right back on voice."

He switches to voicemail.

Hamish: "Listen, I've got an inside man, right? A contact in Albion. Says Nigel's got this big meeting happening at White Tower. He'll be talkin' about a major project he's got planned for London."

Sabine: "Working on an upgrade of his private police state? Brilliant. Does this prick ever take a day off? Whatever he's up to, we need eyes on that meeting."

Bagley: "I've always wanted to be in on a caper. Okay, first things first. We'll need eyes on the impregnable target so off you go! I'll crack on with assembling the right personnel to round out this ragtag bunch of misfits."

Hamish: "Ah shit. Albion cybersecurity's sniffing my proxy IP. Must have traced the detonator signal. I gotta deal with this."

It ends and Aventurine drives faster back to the hideout. Meanwhile, she calls a gem on the phone. Althea.

Althea: "Althea speaking."

Aventurine: "Hey, Althea. Good news and bad news. Good news is we got Hamish on our side now. The bad news is that Prasiolite's unconscious. I'm heading back to base while someone scouts White Tower. She calls Anon but he's not answering. She then gets an idea on who to call. Jimmy and Victor.

Meanwhile, in Lambeth...

Jimmy and Victor are both looking at the Skyline of the City Of London borough. They're both pretty much on a date together. 

Jimmy: "Hey, Victor do you ever get harassed because you're uh...trans? I'm just curious. I mean, I was harassed by some other Non Binaries back in America because I prefer to go by He/Him instead of They/Them."

Victor: "Sometimes stuff like that does happen to me. But it won't happen any time soon. I actually plan on living here. It's nice, this city."

Jimmy: "You cannot lie, Victor. You don't say at all."

They chuckle and close in for a kiss. Then, Bagley is on the line.

Bagley: "Ahem, sorry to interrupt your pansexual date. But we've got a mission to do!"