101. Memories

Meanwhile, in the borough of Camden...

In Camden, Anon is there by himself as Aiden is currently in Nine Elms, fighting crime there while Erin is in Islington, helping Anon's grandmother with baking cookies and cupcakes. Alone, Anon grabs out his phone and a pair of headsets from his bag and he plays a favourite song of his. 

Anon: "It's been months since I last listened to this song. I remember hearing this for the first time when I was in Chicago. Damn, I remember becoming a vigilante there before moving to San Francisco and becoming known as the San Francisco vigilante. And here I am...a young man with Gems, fighting totalitarianism."

He then places his hands in the pocket of his hoodie after he puts the hood over his head as rain droplets begin falling from the sky. He keeps walking and he hums along with the song. He then takes a deep breath and remembers the first time he met Aiden in Chicago.

Flashback to 2016 in Chicago...

A 16 Anon or Edwin Gray was walking down an alleyway in Chicago and there, he was stopped by a man in a bomber jacket.

Anon: "Whoa, whoa...what the hell?"

Man: "Shut your ass up! You're coming with me to my place!"

Then, behind the man was the vigilante himself, Aiden Pearce. He ran toward the kidnapper and he drew his baton out and knocked the man out with a hit to the leg and the face, saving Anon.

Anon: "Whoa! Y-you...you're Aiden Pearce..."

Aiden: "Hm? So you've seen it, huh."

Anon: "Y-yeah...Mr Pearce I uh...I'm a fan!"

Anon was thrilled to see a real-life hero in person. There, Aiden smiled softly after he removed his mask from his face. Then, Anon grabbed him by his arm and asked him something.

Anon: "Mr Pearce...teach me. I'm done seeing people around my place die...I've tried calling the police, nothing's ever been done right! I think you are a hero...you bring out true justice Mr Pearce. I want to be something like you, sir. Please! It's all I ask for!"

The vigilante lets out a breath and then he speaks up.

Aiden: "Come with me."

Present-day...

Anon's thoughts: I still remember that day...it was like seeing a young boy seeing Batman for the first time. I remember being mind blown. Damn, I can't believe it's been 4 whole years. Time sure has flown fast. I still remember meeting the Gems for the first time. Wow...

As he keeps walking, he looks down the street and at an Albion Officer beating someone. Anon reaches into his pocket to draw out his own baton only to see another man rush in to stop the officer.

Anon's thoughts: Looks like Londoners look after one another. Surprisingly even better than the people living in San Francisco who draw out phones and watch until the police or I arrive on the spot.

He then enters the borough of Westminster and he looks up at Big Ben and he then takes a deep breath and remembers coming here to visit when he was just a toddler. He remembers being chased around his grandparents' house without his nappy and even remembers Erin and the other Gems looking at his baby pictures weeks ago.

Anon's thoughts: Oh my God, time's flown very bloody fast. This is just very difficult to believe but uh...it's reality.

He keeps walking and he grabs out his P9 pistol and looks at it and remembers the time in Chicago when he fired his first shot.