17. Digging up the past part 2

Meanwhile in Lambeth...

Axinite and Clinohumite are taking pictures of the London Eye after their shopping spree. Clinohumite is wearing a leather jacket, black skinny jeans, black high heeled boots, and a white top, and Axinite is wearing sunglasses, a blue denim jacket, a Union Jack T-Shirt, and some high tops and jeans. They then take a selfie of the London Eye together and then, Bagley appears on Axinite's phone.

Bagley: "Ring, Ring, sorry to spoil your fun, but we've gotta get to work."

Axinite: "Mission time?"

Bagley: "Yes, after Aventurine recovered an RC called a spiderbot, it has a satellite-based GPS module that regularly pushed its location to a specific ground station."

Axinite: "Sorry, did you say a secret location?"

Clinohumite: "She loves secrets, Bagley. Prepare to get used to it."

Bagley: "Pushing you the ground station's coordinates."

They cross the street since the location's nearby. They hijack a car an autonomous car and drive it across the bridge and arrive at the location. They're confused and they look around to where the network is coming from.

Axinite: "We're here Bagley, and we're stumped, any ideas?"

Bagley: "I'm detecting a surveillance network guarding a space under this bridge. If you patch into it, perhaps you can take a look inside."

Clinohumite: "Huh, seems simple enough. Alright Axinite, let's go."

They hop down onto a platform below the bridge and they see a small room under the bridge.

Bagley: "The GPS history of the spiderbot we received regularly pings these coordinates. Our mystery witness to the real bombers must have come to this...lovely...damp location several times."

Clinohumite: "Well it looks like a good spot to do some secret shit here if you ask me."

Bagley: "Or to discretely dump a body into the Thames."

Clinohumite and Axinite look for a way in since the door in front of them is locked. Axinite notices a small hole next to the door.

Bagley: "You'll have to use a spiderbot, inside the room, is a spiderbot dispenser. Use that!"

Axinite: "Bagley you genius!"

Clinohumite: "I'll control it."

She hacks into it and a spiderbot comes out, freaking Axinite slightly.

Axinite: "Ah! It's actually like those real spiders!"

Clinohumite: "Oh relax. It's harmless."

She sees a ctOS box inside and she uses the spiderbot to hack into it and open the door. They get inside and look around the room and Axinite spots a ctOS module.

Axinite: "This is probably our little savior."

She sticks her phone into the slot and notices something.

Axinite: "Psst! Clin, come here."

Clinohumite comes over and looks at what Axinite found, a tag.

Clinohumite: "Well, access it. We can probably find information from it."

She accesses it and her phone starts showing a screen which leads them to a camera inside a room with desktops and servers and a board with pins and pictures.

Axinite: "Whoa what is this?"

Clinohumite: "Bagley, get a look at this it's like a secret police station or something. I mean a police station that's hidden not a...well I'm sure you know what I mean."

Bagley: "Well, if Albion was stomping over your workplace, you'd find a different place to store your lunch too. And it seems our mystery officer was dedicated."

Axinite: "But what would lead them to the TOAN bombing?"

Bagley: "The computer's dusty enough to kill an asthmatic, but there may still be something useful on it."

Clinohumite: "Let's get to work."

Axinite nods and she hacks into the computer as Clinohumite watches. She notices a tablet near the computers and she hacks into it and listens to an audio log coming from it.

Kaitlin: "This is inspector Kaitlin Lau--...Well, former inspector now, since Albion's coup. The Met is no more. the police brass had already buried the evidence anyway. Everything implicating Albion and Clan Kelley in the bombings...But I know Mary Kelley's band of twats were involved. And they're involved in other crimes we CAN look into. Me and a few good mates are willing to go off-book. Going after Mary Kelley again... I'll never f*cking learn, will I?"

It ends and Axinite hacks into a PC under the table where the computer is. Then, a recorded video plays on her phone and Kaitlin Lau is on the screen.

 Then, a recorded video plays on her phone and Kaitlin Lau is on the screen

Kaitlin: "Inspector Kaitlin Lau video log...Clan Kelley and Albion are teamed up on some deal. I don't have all the details, but it looks to be human trafficking. The European Processing Centre is the Albion angle. Since the bombings, they can grab anyone off the street. Call them illegal immigrants, potential DedSec insurgents, whatever - though we know who the real danger is. So, Clan Kelley gets hold of these people. These immigrants, deportees, victims, really, and they're taking them somewhere. But where?... And why? It all comes back to the boss lady herself... I knew she was into something, but she wriggled off the hook. There's only one way I can do this. twenty-four-seven surveillance on Mary Kelley. If I'm caught, well, this will be my last entry. But I have to see what she's hiding."

The video ends and the hack ends as well. Bagley is back on the line.

Bagley: "So, our mystery officer was Inspector Kaitlin Lau. It sounds like Mary Kelley was her white whale and her investigation led her to the bombings."

Clinohumite: "Damn, so Albion and Clan Kelley were working together?"

Bagley: "It seems like Zero-Day's web covers all the unsavory bits of London. Tug on a thread, and it leads back to them. Clan Kelley and Albion included."

Axinite: "People are getting nicked off the roads and streets! We have to something right?"

Bagley: "Inspector Lau mentioned Albion is running their part of the operation out of the EPC. Detectives like us call that a "Lead"."

To be continued...